Dan Gosling

Dave

We're not really in a position to turn our noses up at a player Everton fans deem 'average' tbh. They're significantly better than we are, and he got a game.

Let's be frank, nobody who's top class or even approaching it is going to be signing for us for the foreseeable future, for a multitude of reasons.

:thup:

Unfortunately Dave you are right,our best chance of some day being able to be at a level where we were is signing players like this and bringing players through our academy.

all the best clubs do this, they have a team of youngsters through their academy's and players bought, more players bought through academy's = more money to spend on those 2-3 quality players needed!

why the hell has it take this club 8-10 years to realise this?

Worked well for me on FM all these years. Get the young prospects cheap, and if they dont turn in to owt, pass them along for what ever fee. at least you've got a decent squad for cheap

Unfortunately Dave you are right,our best chance of some day being able to be at a level where we were is signing players like this and bringing players through our academy.

Geordie Nation  :snod:

Mildly concerned at the lack of announcement today...

If it was supposedly a done deal late last night we're sure taking our time getting it finalised and announced.

When they say mistakenly released it sounds like Everton hit 'Release on Free' instead of 'Offer New Contract' on FM.  :lol:

http://i28.tinypic.com/t4ybfm.jpg

Oops. We've all done it, turned off the confirmations and released a player by accident.

:blush:

When they say mistakenly released it sounds like Everton hit 'Release on Free' instead of 'Offer New Contract' on FM.  :lol:

http://i28.tinypic.com/t4ybfm.jpg

Oops. We've all done it, turned off the confirmations and released a player by accident.

:blush:

And in a desperate attempt to re-sign him you're met with "XXXXX has no intention of discussing terms with his former club"

:angry:

don't think there'll be any announcement until Everton have decided whether to appeal or not.

he's spoken to Newcastle, Bolton, Sunderland & WHam that I'm aware of, but think done deal to Nufc now.

Can't see them winning the appeal tbh,looks like they messed up and got punished for it. Wouldn't think there are grounds for appeal.

Aye, you would think so.

The reason he's available is because he was no longer under contract at Everton and the reason for that was they hadn't actually offered him one. I'd be surprised if any appeal was successful given the details that have been made clear regarding the 'verbal offer'.

Can't see them winning the appeal tbh,looks like they messed up and got punished for it. Wouldn't think there are grounds for appeal.

Aye, you would think so.

The reason he's available is because he was no longer under contract at Everton and the reason for that was they hadn't actually offered him one. I'd be surprised if any appeal was successful given the details that have been made clear regarding the 'verbal offer'.

Still even when a player is out of contract and under 24 when they leave to go to another club within the same Country there is still a claim for compensation. We will end up paying for him.

Aye, you would think so.

Still even when a player is out of contract and under 24 when they leave to go to another club within the same Country there is still a claim for compensation. We will end up paying for him.

Surely thats only if the club have made him a contract offer though,  which is what this whole things about.  They didn't (in writing,  in time) therefore,  no compensation.

TT,

I would've thought that would only be the case if he were attached to them in some way?

If there is no longer a contract in place between the two parties (which there isn't if it expired) surely he's free to do what he likes and Everton have no comeback?

Appreciate there would be a development fee if this was January '10 and we'd offered him a deal and so had they but I'm guessing because he's not contracted to them all bets are off from Everton's viewpoint?

Maybe wrong - is there case law on this? Sturridge's contract hadn't actually expired had it?

Aye, you would think so.

Surely thats only if the club have made him a contract offer though,  which is what this whole things about.  They didn't (in writing,  in time) therefore,  no compensation.

Is that one of the stipulations? Interesting. :)

TT,

I would've thought that would only be the case if he were attached to them in some way?

If there is no longer a contract in place between the two parties (which there isn't if it expired) surely he's free to do what he likes and Everton have no comeback?

Appreciate there would be a development fee if this was January '10 and we'd offered him a deal and so had they but I'm guessing because he's not contracted to them all bets are off from Everton's viewpoint?

Maybe wrong - is there case law on this? Sturridge's contract hadn't actually expired had it?

I think Nicky has shed some light on it there about the contract needing to be offered, i didn't know that, if true then looking great for us.

Aye, you would think so.

I'm quite sure its the only stipulation..  Just think,  plenty of clubs release youngsters every season,  who go on to new clubs.  For example,  i'm pretty sure we didn't pay a penny for Nile Ranger cos Southampton hadn't offered him a new deal...

Aye, you would think so.

I'm quite sure its the only stipulation..  Just think,  plenty of clubs release youngsters every season,  who go on to new clubs.  For example,  i'm pretty sure we didn't pay a penny for Nile Ranger cos Southampton hadn't offered him a new deal...

You see I thought the was down to them being officially released by the club, rather than not being offered a contract and so forth. Didn't know that, fingers crossed its correct, it sounds very possible.

Aye, you would think so.

You see I thought the was down to them being officially released by the club, rather than not being offered a contract and so forth. Didn't know that, fingers crossed its correct, it sounds very possible.

What's the difference?