Dan Gosling

Dave

Guest BooBoo

Its a good signing on the basis that it shows we're not dithering as we've done in the past under the Ashley regime and got our target despite strong interest from elsewhere.

Credit where its due. Like the Perch deal its not going to get pulses racing but its shows we're not as feeble in the transfer market as we thought when the club issued that nonsensical statement in May.

Guest malandro

if it does happen (and its looking promising) it shows our guys in charge are paying attention for good opportunities which is an encouraging sign

It shows they are looking for players that are going cheap.

Damned if they do, damned if they dont, tbh.

No, it’s the truth.

if it does happen (and its looking promising) it shows our guys in charge are paying attention for good opportunities which is an encouraging sign

No, its the truth.

We've got nowt to spend on players. Deal with it, you'll save yourself a summer of heartache.

At least we look like we are getting them rather than just looking or not bothering altogether.

Do we always have to turn everything into a negative.

Nope. I've been as negative as anyone and there's no point going over the top just yet but I'm pretty impressed so far. :thup:

We need all the CMs we can get. Let's not forget exactly how many of them can be trusted to do a good job in the PL.

Gosling (if we get him), Barton and Guthrie. Maybe Nolan as a bit part player.

I don't understand this comment, we have no money to spend, surely we have no option BUT to look at cheap/loanable players?

Guest geordienorway

Caulkin on twitter:

@VinayK1991 looks like he's Nufc-bound.

18 minutes ago via web in reply to VinayK1991

Guest malandro

No, its the truth.

We've got nowt to spend on players. Deal with it, you'll save yourself a summer of heartache.

I am dealing with it. It those who are getting a stiffy at signing an unproven player for nowt that need a reality check.

I don't understand this comment, we have no money to spend, surely we have no option BUT to look at cheap/loanable players?

If we werent in for him im pretty sure Melandro would be whinging that we should have signed him, tbh.

At least we look like we are getting them rather than just looking or not bothering altogether.

Do we always have to turn everything into a negative.

Nope. I've been as negative as anyone and there's no point going over the top just yet but I'm pretty impressed so far. :thup:

its been a good start to the window alright, now a striker some spare wingers and a spare left back and i'll be delighted

No, its the truth.

I am dealing with it. It those who are getting a stiffy at signing an unproven player for nowt that need a reality check.

Who's that then?

We need all the CMs we can get. Let's not forget exactly how many of them can be trusted to do a good job in the PL.

We need to get rid of the one we are absolutely sure cannot be trusted to do a even half decent job in the Championship though.

Guest malandro

No, it’s the truth.

Who's that then?

Well you if you’re impressed with our transfer business so far. In football you get what you pay for or less. Genuine bargains are a rarity and the odds are against being able to sign a PL standard defender and PL standard midfielder for peanuts.

It’s too early to judge either player but there’s no denying they were cheap.

Bolton forums stopped saying he has chosen them over us then?

Decent potential signing. Can't believe he is better than what we have now, but certainly one for the future.

De Guzman would have been better, fingers crossed we go for both.

I have massive doubts about Nolan but I have a faint hope that a season scoring for fun has given him the boost needed to get back to that season he did well many years ago. To be fair although he played poo but managed to score goals for most of the season towards the end he definitely upped his game and improved his all round play.

Smith started well imo but didn't take long to fade away and revert to form. 

Seems a good signing to me if we get him. Everton obviously thought he had enough potential to offer him an improved contract & moyes seems good at spotting a talented youngster.

I doubt the way he's left will leave Everton fans with a good opinion of him though.

Whether hes good enough for the first team yet, or he'll see out his potential with us is the question.