Dan Gosling

Dave

I understand the viewpoint that any official announcment may be held back until Everton's appeal is heard but I thought (judging by earlier details I read) that we had agreed that we would pay any compensation if it came to that?

If that's the case why can't we announce it? I just can't help feeling that we're asking to be shafted on this one as it seems to stand.

Fair play to all involved if it does come off though.

I understand the viewpoint that any official announcment may be held back until Everton's appeal is heard but I thought (judging by earlier details I read) that we had agreed that we would pay any compensation if it came to that?

If that's the case why can't we announce it? I just can't help feeling that we're asking to be shafted on this one as it seems to stand.

maybe we legally can't say a thing until the potential appeal is sorted

I still can't help but think everything we have been told by the resident evertonions is exactly what would have been said on here if Villa fans came and asked about milner when he signed.

The only thing that concerns me is that the Evertonians are all saying he is slow and lacks flair. You would like to think he has one of the two, like for instance Guthrie, who might not be quick but has some ability on the ball. However at the same time they seem to think they should be getting £3-5m for him which would suggest there's more to his game than they care to admit.

interesting comparison(s) with milner, eerily the same for me - flourished with quality coaching

lucky we have that in abundance for gosling isn't it?

I don't really see the comparison with Milner who at least has the ability to run at people and a decent strike on him. Milner might have got slagged off here but not many denied he had ability, it was always a case of him not using it right/being mis-used.

I still can't help but think everything we have been told by the resident evertonions is exactly what would have been said on here if Villa fans came and asked about milner when he signed.

The only thing that concerns me is that the Evertonians are all saying he is slow and lacks flair. You would like to think he has one of the two, like for instance Guthrie, who might not be quick but has some ability on the ball. However at the same time they seem to think they should be getting £3-5m for him which would suggest there's more to his game than they care to admit.

interesting comparison(s) with milner, eerily the same for me - flourished with quality coaching

lucky we have that in abundance for gosling isn't it?

I don't really see the comparison with Milner who at least has the ability to run at people and a decent strike on him. Milner might have got slagged off here but not many denied he had ability, it was always a case of him not using it right/being mis-used.

milner ran at plenty of people for us aye, and he also hit 99% of his crosses into the first man, or stands, or out of play or whatever...his end product for us was shite

at villa his end product has improved and he actually looks faster - with us all he really did was work hard and his the very occasional decent shot

i was a fan of milner, a big fan, but it's obvious to me he wasn't coached correctly at NUFC

so i'm saying people are on about gosling having potential to 'this and that' and suggesting he'll go the way of milner with us, i.e. nowhere

maybe we legally can't say a thing until the potential appeal is sorted

Maybe the story is simply balls. I don't see why the club would agree to pay 'any compensation'. That's a hella risky strategem.

Looking at their forums plenty of them think he's a good squad player now with the potential to become a very good player in future.  Apparently he's decent on the ball,  but his main attributes are an ability to get into goal scoring situations, a good shot, excellent workrate and a nack of scoring important goals.

Looking at their forums plenty of them think he's a good squad player now with the potential to become a very good player in future.  Apparently he's decent on the ball,  but his main attributes are an ability to get into goal scoring situations, a good shot, excellent workrate and a nack of scoring important goals.

A box to box midfielder with an eye for goal...so that's the other side of the story. Actually considering how few of our central midfielders have the ability to go box to box, work rate isn't a commodity that should be looked down on. That's something that Milner could have provided if played centrally during his time here had any of our managers looked to use it. 

It isn't the fact they're losing him that has got Everton fans pissed off, it's more that he's leaving without a fee. Considering they have to work with a tight transfer budget, I'd be pissed off with Gosling too.

Wahey!

It isn't the fact they're losing him that has got Everton fans pissed off, it's more that he's leaving without a fee. Considering they have to work with a tight transfer budget, I'd be pissed off with Gosling too.

Wahey!

Really though you should be pissed off at your admin and people behind the scenes, not Gosling.

It's a clanger of epic proportions, something Newcastle-esque, and really you ought to be concentrating why your club lost you £3-5m not take it out on Gosling.

Wahey!

Really though you should be pissed off at your admin and people behind the scenes, not Gosling.

It's a clanger of epic proportions, something Newcastle-esque, and really you ought to be concentrating why your club lost you £3-5m not take it out on Gosling.

I've already said it was incompetency from the club, but you expect a bit more from a player who gave every assurance he'd sign (it's not like this is the first time we've used a verbal contract nor do I reckon it's rare in football) and was being helped out massively by the club regarding his injury. As I've already said, I reckon his agent turned his head.

Guest orang

Is he ok? Has he signed? Where are we keeping him?

Is It Secret? Is It Safe?

http://www.artvehicle.com/content/asides/AV-37-1228768613.jpg

Wahey!

Naive and unprofessional on the clubs part, lessons need to be learnt from it.

However, Gosling comes out of it very badly as well.

Through his injury he has been having his wages paid and the best medical treament provided but all the while him and his agent are working on exploiting a loophole to get a free transfer? That's pretty low. He's also screwed his hometown club who have just been relegated out of any future sell-on fees, appearence clauses etc

Not that most footballers are any less twattish. But, still.

Wahey!

To be fair I think most people will realise that in the main Everton fans are annoyed about losing the fee they could have gotten for Gosling rather then losing the player.

Though after reading some of the opinions of Everton fans on here I was suprised to find some fans on Everton forums being quite disapointed to lose the player, and not just because of a lack of a fee.

Wahey!

Naive and unprofessional on the clubs part, lessons need to be learnt from it.

However, Gosling comes out of it very badly as well.

Through his injury he has been having his wages paid and the best medical treament provided but all the while him and his agent are working on exploiting a loophole to get a free transfer? That's pretty low. He's also screwed his hometown club who have just been relegated out of any future sell-on fees, appearence clauses etc

Not that most footballers are any less twattish. But, still.

Since when is not having a contract exploiting a loophole?

If Everton wanted to keep him on they should have asked him to sign a new contract there and then, not just agree verbally to one later. Clubs are restricted with the lengths of the contracts they put young players on, but there's nothing to stop them renegotiating new 3 year contracts each year or after 2 years. If the player won't sign then they can chose to peddle him while under contract or risk losing him for nowt as happened here. Clubs obviously aren't keen to keep renegotiating contracts as the player will want a payrise each time, but that's the price you pay for being able to get a fee for selling the player. It seems Everton wanted it both ways, no renegotiation of wage until the contract was over, but getting the player to agree to sign a new one when it was up. He changed his mind and Everton lost out. Tough.

If he'd had a career ending injury at the end of last season do you think Everton would have honoured this verbal agreement? I doubt it.

Guest icemanblue

Apparently he has been sighted in Dublin with our squad.

The squad that are no longer in Ireland?

Apparently he has been sighted in Dublin with our squad.

The squad that are no longer in Ireland?

This.

I assume your source is unreliable.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/southyorkshire/content/images/2004/10/28/david_blunkett352_352x470.jpg