Dan Gosling

Dave

this boy is suppose to be a winger and can play in defence , apparently, when not injured.

can't see why people would slag him considering he hasn't done nowt for us to really to judge.

apart from a few subs appeareance, and getting sent of for a two footed tackle.

is he any worse than Obertan?  surely he deserves more opportunities.

Mehdi Abeid?

In all seriousness though I think he deserves more of a chance, he is still young and started a hand full of games but seems to be on a lot of peoples 'not good enough' list.

I don't think he will be anything special but a decent back up player who is very capable of getting the odd goal.

Mehdi Abeid?

In all seriousness though I think he deserves more of a chance, he is still young and started a hand full of games but seems to be on a lot of peoples 'not good enough' list.

I don't think he will be anything special but a decent back up player who is very capable of getting the odd goal.

People do seem to forget he's only 20 year old. Mate reckons he's been very good for the reserves where he's playing with kids his own age and that.

Mehdi Abeid?

he definitely does, but right now we got guth, cabaye, tiote so it's obvious it's dificult for the boy to break through.  but i think our wide positions are the place where we are a bit stale.  Wouldn't mind seeing Gosling there and see what the boy can do.  He hasn't had a fair crack yet.

Mehdi Abeid?

People do seem to forget he's only 20 year old. Mate reckons he's been very good for the reserves where he's playing with kids his own age and that.

Mehdi Abeid?

He's taalkin 'bout Abeid, man.

Guest BooBoo

I can see a promoted team taking a punt on him. He's not really had a look in after his injury and in his brief glimpses shown nothing that we don't already have.

Gosling really hasn't had a chance to force himself into the first team (you could say that he somewhat fucked up his chances when he got sent off at Carrow Road) but you could say that's down to the players (Cabaye, Tiote, Guthrie and even Abeid) in front of him in the pecking order. Really not sure if he's ever going to get a chance like. From what I've seen, he's an average player in the Nolan mound. A loan would probably do him some good mind. He would be decent for squad depth like but if he moves on, then fair enough.

• 3 weeks later...

Was certain he was going to score when a cross came in but it was a good bit of defending by Liverpool. Always in the right areas to score.

Was this where the defender cleared it yet Gosling still motioned to head it goalwards? :lol:

Was certain he was going to score when a cross came in but it was a good bit of defending by Liverpool. Always in the right areas to score.

Was this where the defender cleared it yet Gosling still motioned to head it goalwards? :lol:

Aye :lol:

If we get rid of him it'll be a huge mistake. That is all.

Think there's something to this. It would definitely be a mistake but I just can't find a place for him in our side at the moment. I've only seen bits and pieces of him but I think you're right when you say he can score 6-8 goals a season. There's not enough evidence to really make the point of it but if he leaves us I think he'll be very successful at a club in the lower half

Guest andrew

If we get rid of him it'll be a huge mistake. That is all.

Not a hint of hyperbole mate? Not sure how it will be "huge".

Why would we let him go? His contract runs for a while doesn't it? He's good back up in the middle, will just fill Guthrie's role next season I imagine. He looked much sharper yesterday when he came on btw, that turn he did for his first touch was great.