The other games today - 2010/11

clintdempsey

I know Chelsea are far, far better than we are but I can't help but feel we gave Blackpool too much respect last week with our line-up and tactics. They're f***ing rubbish.

We made it like a CCC game because of last seasons result against them & the same formation worked well agianst Villa. We should have played football instead of lumping it to AC with Nolan providing the support.

anyone remember how shite malouda was in his first season? amazing transformation for him, now the best winger in the league.

Yep. He's just incredibly effective in this formation. It doesn't look like he does anything particularly well, but he's got two good feet and a knack of showing up at the right time to finish moves.

He wasn't shit at all. He was just an easy target for Chelsea's failure that season.

now i know who dave was talking about.

Apisith - he's got great power, suppose he learnt how to use that strength effectively, whereas he used to let his head drop after a hard challenge.

not sure who the 2nd best wide player would be - Nani or Bale i suppose.

The biggest problem Chelsea will have is a lack of depth. Their key bench players from before (Alex, Mikel Obi, Branislav Ivanovic) are now key starters and the bench is full of players who are unproven (Ramires, Zhirkov) or not really top class (Sturridge, Benayoun).

I think they'll win the title, but they'll have difficult times especially when it hits February-March and you are playing three big matches a week.

He wasn't shit at all. He was just an easy target for Chelsea's failure that season.

now i know who dave was talking about.

Apisith - he's got great power, suppose he learnt how to use that strength effectively, whereas he used to let his head drop after a hard challenge.

not sure who the 2nd best wide player would be - Nani or Bale i suppose.

Agreed. He's quick and strong, but his crossing, passing, movement etc. don't really seem to mark him out from the other better players in the league, but he uses his pace and strength so devastatingly that he's been pretty much unstoppable for the past two years.

Didn't realise St-Etienne were doing so well this season!

It will be interesting to see if the likes of St. Ettienne, Toulouse, and Rennes can stay near the top of the table through the whole season. I think OM (Well I'm hoping anyway) and Lyon will still be the top two when all is said and done. Generally, the big teams have been in disarray so far.

It seems like City haven't started the season well, but with a win today they'll be up to 4th and just 3 points behind Arsenal and Man Utd. Pretty decent, imo.

We're only 4 points behind. :razz:

We should be sitting comfortably on 10 points though, which is a shame.

It seems like City haven't started the season well, but with a win today they'll be up to 4th and just 3 points behind Arsenal and Man Utd. Pretty decent, imo.

We're only 4 points behind. :razz:

We should be sitting comfortably on 10 points though, which is a shame.

Yeah I guess so, beggars can't be choosers though. The priority is survival and we're doing well so far on reflection.

Balls. Nodded off for a couple of hours after the 1st half of Man Utd-Liverpool, and I miss a superb 2nd half and a first half Chelsea demolition.

Atletico vs. Barca surely can't be boring?

Go back to sleep so the rest of us can see some goals O0