The other games today - 2010/11

clintdempsey

Guest kingdawson

By the last camera angle, it's about an inch or so on the line. f***ing difficult to predict if it's over even by replay.

Unfair to blame the linesman for that. Spurs just wanted something other than their idiot of a goalkeeper to blame for it.

You spout a rididculous amount of s*** it has to be said.

The rules state the linesman has to be 100% sure to give the goal. It's certain from his positioning and the way he took his time awarding the goal that he was not 100% sure so he basically altered the rules and went on a hunch.

And it has to be said you spout as much s***. If it was at the other end, you'd have been on this forum defending the linesman all the way. Your bias means you can't see it though.

He nodded his head straight afterwards to indicate that it crossed the line - he didn't 'take his time' at all. Just because he wasn't waving his flag around like a lunatic didn't mean that he wasn't sure.

And the rules don't state "the linesman has to be 100% sure" - he has to make a decision and with everything presented to him, he made that decision. And 99/100 linesmen would make the same decision IMO. I'd certainly have given the goal.

It's a real shame he isn't robo-cop and couldn't tell that an inch of the ball was still of the line, but hey that's life.

I'm pretty sure the rules state a linesman has to be certain the ball crossed the line to give a goal (in regards to whether or not a ball has crossed the line). It's not the 'give the advantage to the attacker' situation that you usually get with offside decisions.

Btw you lie when you say he nodded straight away. Hmm no he didnt so what on earth are you talking about? he says and does nothing for a few seconds before gesturing it crossed the line. If we got a decision like that i'd say we were lucky so don't tell me what i'd say if the shoe was on the other foot.

By the last camera angle, it's about an inch or so on the line. f***ing difficult to predict if it's over even by replay.

Unfair to blame the linesman for that. Spurs just wanted something other than their idiot of a goalkeeper to blame for it.

The rules state the linesman has to be 100% sure to give the goal. It's certain from his positioning and the way he took his time awarding the goal that he was not 100% sure so he basically altered the rules and went on a hunch.

And it has to be said you spout as much s***. If it was at the other end, you'd have been on this forum defending the linesman all the way. Your bias means you can't see it though.

He nodded his head straight afterwards to indicate that it crossed the line - he didn't 'take his time' at all. Just because he wasn't waving his flag around like a lunatic didn't mean that he wasn't sure.

And the rules don't state "the linesman has to be 100% sure" - he has to make a decision and with everything presented to him, he made that decision. And 99/100 linesmen would make the same decision IMO. I'd certainly have given the goal.

It's a real shame he isn't robo-cop and couldn't tell that an inch of the ball was still of the line, but hey that's life.

I'm pretty sure the rules state a linesman has to be certain the ball crossed the line to give a goal (in regards to whether or not a ball has crossed the line). It's not the 'give the advantage to the attacker' situation that you usually get with offside decisions.

Btw you lie when you say he nodded straight away. Hmm no he didnt so what on earth are you talking about? he says and does nothing for a few seconds before gesturing it crossed the line. If we got a decision like that i'd say we were lucky so don't tell me what i'd say if the shoe was on the other foot.

The rules say nothing about him having to be certain, he just has to make a decision to the best of his ability. And he made one. And maybe he was certain, we just don't know.

"A few seconds" - well maybe the referee didn't look to him straight away? :lol: He did nothing to suggest he wasn't sure about the decision. In fact, the BBC commentator insinuated that the referee made the final decision.

Guest kingdawson

The rules say nothing about him having to be certain, he just has to make a decision to the best of his ability. And he made one. And maybe he was certain, we just don't know.

"A few seconds" - well maybe the referee didn't look to him straight away? :lol: He did nothing to suggest he wasn't sure about the decision. In fact, the BBC commentator insinuated that the referee made the final decision.

:rolleyes:

Guest Heneage

Be interesting to see who WBA go for in the summer.

Mulumbu scores, no doubt Zoltan will make an appearance shortly...

Having watched the footage back, the replay of the linesman running down the line immediately after the goal, he nods his head and says "Yeah" and does it again a couple of seconds later when prompted again.

Seems certain enough to me. But do live in your little bias bubble  O0

Guest kingdawson

Having watched the footage back, the replay of the linesman running down the line immediately after the goal, he nods his head and says "Yeah" and does it again a couple of seconds later when prompted again.

Seems certain enough to me. But do live in your little bias bubble  O0

Yeh my bias bubble where around 4 fans of your own team seem to see it exactly the same i did. Weird that.

Yeh my bias bubble where around 4 fans of your own team seem to see it exactly the same i did. Weird that.

Honestly man, whatever. I may be biased being a former referee but:

http://i55.tinypic.com/11abs6r.jpg

I refuse to lay any blame on a linesman for being sure that's over the line in real time. In fact, if I was the sixth official I'd probably say it was a goal - there's nowt in it at all.

It's not anti-Spurs or pro-Chelsea or bottling it whilst making a decision. It's a man doing his job, being presented with all of the information and making an informed decision.

He was sure and he was wrong. Just.

Guest Roger Kint

Honestly man, whatever. I may be biased being a former referee but:

http://i55.tinypic.com/11abs6r.jpg

I refuse to lay any blame on a linesman for being sure that's over the line in real time. In fact, if I was the sixth official I'd probably say it was a goal - there's nowt in it at all.

It's not anti-Spurs or pro-Chelsea or bottling it whilst making a decision. It's a man doing his job, being presented with all of the information and making an informed decision.

He was sure and he was wrong. Just.

From the linesmans position about 2in from the top right of the pic it would look like Gomes' glove was at least on the line making it look over to him. Can easily see why he gave it tbh