Would you be happy if Bellamy returned? Well tough tits, he's gone to Cardiff

tgarve
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

I still watch that clip on Youtube all the time.

Sends shivers down my spine.

That whole period man, we used to play good football, and I actually looked forward to the derby games. I remember we spanked Boro 4-1 at their place once.

Shearers 2nd in milan does it for me. Mental times. If you look at the away support going mental behind the goal it's sold out and going insane.

That whole period man, we used to play good football, and I actually looked forward to the derby games. I remember we spanked Boro 4-1 at their place once.

Shearers 2nd in milan does it for me. Mental times. If you look at the away support going mental behind the goal it's sold out and going insane.

That game was immense.  I personally believed we would get annihilated that day, after they had stuffed us 4-1 IIRC at SJP, but we bettered them in every area of the pitch from start to finish.

if he's gone on loan to cardiff, i'll be putting money on them to walk that division

Do it now mate - you can get 2.5/1 on Betfair that they'll finish in the top 6. 5/1 that they'll get promotion and 15's that they'll win the league.

Can't understand the lack of interest in him. Brilliant last season and available on loan. Only Fulham, Spurs, Celtic and Cardiff seem to have expressed an interest.

isn't there some law on how long the very welsh can spend in england ?

Guest geordiemuff

I Would snap him up on loan for a season same reason for ben arfa as well ,

One thing we are looking for this season is survival simple as that not europe or top 10, with a player like bellamy or ben arfa , Who can change a game instantly and may score a few or may create something from no where....in a match against our relegation rivals...... I dont like him but hes used to the prem and its exactly what we need short term ....We have to get realistic and think

come may where would you rather be Championship or Premiership !!!!

Surely it's worth enquiring about him. City seem unwilling to loan him to any top half teams and they don't seem to want a massive wage contribution with Cardiff being in for him. Plus he'd be more use to them at someone like us where he could play well and contribute to us possibly nicking points from their rivals.

Surely it's worth enquiring about him. City seem unwilling to loan him to any top half teams and they don't seem to want a massive wage contribution with Cardiff being in for him. Plus he'd be more use to them at someone like us where he could play well and contribute to us possibly nicking points from their rivals.

That was my thought as well, Bellamy on loan to a club like Newcastle or Fulham is surely much better for City than sending him to Cardiff

Bellamy loves to create his own dramas, and I'm sure the idea of going to Cardiff like the return of the local hero appeals to him. I don't know that it's the best move for Cardiff though. It doesn't feel right for a good player to be slumming it like that.

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

I can't decide if I should feel sorry for him or not. Sure he's a cock, but as soon as any little bit of drama happens, his reputation takes over and people assume he's up to no good and causing trouble.

Such a great team, I watch the last 16 of the CL and then remind myself just 7 years ago we were at the equivalent stage. It's actually quite hard to consider, and very depressing.  :no:

It'll happen again. Not for a while, but it will. :thup: Tragic how that period was a mere dip in the water though; replacing Bobby with Souness remains the worst decision in recent times. It just about pips putting Keegan and Wise in a melting pot in the 'bad decision' stakes.

It's an absolute tragedy to think that that was what... 8 years ago? How many other clubs in our position would have used that progress to build a legacy and put in the foundations for a long-term successful team based around youth regeneration, concrete contracts for key players and a team mentality built on a particular type of football (like Barcelona) where players understand their role within a  team and appreciate playing for a great club. Instead, we get rid of arguably the most popular man in British football, replace him with one of the most despised, tear apart an incredibly promising team for big-name players with no motivation or desire to play for the club except money, with no due dilligence as to their injury record, character, temperament or form, and with no apparent attempt at building a team based on what was missing at the time. I know that's been repeated and summed up so many times, but I just had to re-hash it to remember that yes, in fact, this wasn't just some horrible nightmare. Freddy Shepherd, fuck you sir.

What a load of bollocks. I don't have time to go through it fully and point out all the contradictions (like who allowed Robson to spend the money on Bellamy, Robert, etc in the first place, along with the duds that he also bought) but I'll just say that even though I can't stand the man, the amount Souness harmed the club is massively, massively overstated. If we were so great before him and so shit afterwards, Roeder must have been one of the greatest managers ever to turn things around in half a year as a caretaker manager and get us to more points in 05-06 than we got in Robson's last season.

According to Sky Bellamys representitives spoke to us late last week.

Quite surprised at that, relatively good news in the circumstances.

We can't afford him though. His wages I mean.

I would imagine we'd have as good a chance of any if he were to only go out on loan.

It's not like City need the cash so I'd imagine their reluctance in him going to Spurs is true.

Out of the teams reportedly interested surely neither Celtic or Cardiff would be able to pay him more than what we could, and he cannot go to Sunderland on loan.

Would he really choose Fulham just because of Mark Hughes ?

I could understand his love for Cardiff but he's in his 30's now, isn't that when they realise the end of their career is fast approaching and are starting to look for one last pay day ??

Really couldn't see him losing out on tens of thousands per week just to go back home.

And although he left under a cloud, and us being one of the favourites to go down, I'd still imagine we'd be more of a pull than Fulham.

He'd choose Hughes before us IMO. Probably Cardiff too.

Can Cardiff really afford to pay a player £45k? That's assuming Man City would be happy paying the other half.

Before anyone says anything, I realise we can't either.

Do the two clubs have to make up his current wage? I assumed they could pay him what they wanted as long as the player agrees; as I mentioned yesterday, presumably they're the only club he'd be willing go to on lower wages. There's going to be a ridiculous pay cut anyway.

He'd choose Hughes before us IMO. Probably Cardiff too.

Can Cardiff really afford to pay a player £45k? That's assuming Man City would be happy paying the other half.

Before anyone says anything, I realise we can't either.

Do the two clubs have to make up his current wage? I assumed they could pay him what they wanted as long as the player agrees; as I mentioned yesterday, presumably they're the only club he'd be willing go to on lower wages. There's going to be a ridiculous pay cut anyway.

I suppose if he went somewhere like Cardiff he probably wouldn't be as bothered about matching his wage.

I can't see him taking more than a £20k cut though.