Harry Redknapp

Tooj

Also, Bale is very young. To write him off and sell him would have been a bit premature and stupid.

He was extrememly close to joining Burnley on loan i think, certainly at the time many Spurs fans didnt think he had a future at the club. Easy with hindsight to say it would be stupid but at the time it wasnt so clear cut

Oh yeah, I'm not saying it was obvious, just that it wasn't simply a case of 'he's not performing, sell him'... his youth was a reason to persevere for a while.

I guess so, depends where they stood with all the add ons i suppose. He cost £5m plus £5m extra i think so Spurs may have decided to cash in before they started paying any more. As it stands its not going to bother them too much now

The original deal was £5m rising to £10m as you said.   However, when Southampton hit financial problems Rupert Lowe, the chairman at the time, asked to renegotiate the potential extras for a sum up front and £1m was paid.  So Bale cost a total of £6m with nothing more to be paid.

Pretty certain the package was more than that. Was more cash than that and included (lol) Tomas Pekhart (loan) and Tommy Forecast (lolol).

Disgraceful title this one. If Redknapp agree to be our manager in Jan 2009. We would have been a solid top 6th team. His achevement at Tothenham is nothing short of mircles. I have no doubt he will be the next England manager in 2012.

http://www.memedepot.com/uploads/0/207_not_sure_if_serious.jpg

I guess, hard to do that though if you've contributed in there not being any pitch left when the Repo Men come and tear it up. I'd be interested to see how he did as England manager. Think it'd go someway to either prove or disprove any feelings that he's a cheque book manager, having to basically work with a core group of players regardless of ability.

On one hand I think he could do well, if he's as good a man manager/motivator as he people think he is. On the other, I think he'll get frustrated when he can't sign some obscure African Lad to play for England.

Probably got an English grandmother!   O0

I'm sure he'll 'discover' a rich heritage for certain players! ;)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

and the tapping up of Pienaar begins

"If he doesn't sign a contract he'll be a great free transfer for someone at the end of the year, if he doesn't stay at Everton," he said. "He still belongs to Everton, so it's a difficult one. They are still trying to keep him. We'll wait and see what happens."

Disgusting!

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

That's so clever.  :lol: Basically saying telling him not to sign a contract as he'd be welcome at Spurs, but if he signs a contract there's no way Harry would bid for him.  :lol:

Guest guinness_fiend

That's so clever.  :lol: Basically saying telling him not to sign a contract as he'd be welcome at Spurs, but if he signs a contract there's no way Harry would bid for him.  :lol:

Add that to the fact that he's not said anything remotely wrong.  I don't see how expressing admiration for someone, no matter how intentioned, can be deemed "tapping up", which traditionally means approaching a player directly behind a club's back and making them an offer as a way of inducing them to leave the club.

Guest Roger Kint

So LA Galaxy have agreed to give him Beckham? Unless you think his kids enrolling in a local school is sheer coincidence.........

"If he doesn't sign a contract he'll be a great free transfer for someone at the end of the year, if he doesn't stay at Everton," he said. "He still belongs to Everton, so it's a difficult one. They are still trying to keep him. We'll wait and see what happens."

Disgusting!

The tapping up of Pienaar isn't beginning.  Apparently, the only point at issue now is whether he joins in January for a small fee or in the summer for nothing.

Disgusting!

The tapping up of Pienaar isn't beginning.  Apparently, the only point at issue now is whether he joins in January for a small fee or in the summer for nothing.

Will suit your style - excellent player.

Guest Roger Kint

Disgusting!

Exactly its been going on for that long its worked.

Guest thenorthumbrian

For ‘Arry” read “El Tel”.

Redknapp and Venables two peas out of the same murky little cock-er-ney pod.

Both fawned over by the mainstream London-based sycophantic tabloid media.

One FA cup each – check that against the record of the true greats of British football.

Both ready with a quip and a quote, “lovable rogues” apparently - but don’t look at the CV too closely on or off the pitch

I strangely admire Harry for his tapping up skills.

TBF, if journos are allowed to constantly ask about transfer rumours then I suppose he should be allowed to answer.

its not just that though because we know he tells journos shit off the record (ie his transfer targets) and they do his bidding for him by writing said shit about spurs wanting players x y and z which starts the unsettling of said player.

to see a player who owes an awful fucking lot to moyes and everton refuse to sign a deal which means everton get nothing for him when he leaves on a free to spurs is rather disgusting

Dirty Saggy-faced c*nt at it again with Phil Neville

The Spurs boss has admitted his admiration for the versatile 33-year-old, but does not think Everton counterpart David Moyes would want to lose his skipper.

Redknapp said of Neville: "I think he is a fantastic professional, a real leader and a great player. But I'm sure David Moyes knows just how important he is for his team.

"We played them twice recently and he is a real leader for them. David wouldn't want to lose him, I'm sure, so it would be a difficult one."

The Spurs boss has admitted his admiration for the versatile 33-year-old, but does not think Everton counterpart David Moyes would want to lose his skipper.

Redknapp said of Neville: "I think he is a fantastic professional, a real leader and a great player. But I'm sure David Moyes knows just how important he is for his team.

"We played them twice recently and he is a real leader for them. David wouldn't want to lose him, I'm sure, so it would be a difficult one."

Sometimes it just feels like he's taking the piss to wind people up :lol:

:lol:

He's hilarious.