Hatem Ben Arfa

Guest sicko2ndbest

Guest neesy111

Neil Farrington reckons the player is absolutely desperate to come here. I really hope for their sake the club doesn't fuck this up. :lol:

Where's he say that?

Neil Farrington is the worst footballing journalist in the world quite possibly, has the Sunday Sun ever printed out anything that's true

If he comes in and is determined to do the business then our chances of surviving in this league go up dramatically.

We need someone like him to create enough chances to win enough games to stay up. Got to get him if he wants to be here.  :undecided:

If he comes in and is determined to do the business then our chances of surviving in this league go up dramatically.

We need someone like him to create enough chances to win enough games to stay up. Got to get him if he wants to be here.  :undecided:

If cleverley has gone anywhere else, its because he isn't our first choice. Whether we get our first, second or third choice remains to be seen.

Not hopeful about ben arfa, but we will get someone in to cover the left flank/upfront.

50/50 chance of getting out targets imo,We are probably hedging our bets to get our targets as cheap as possible, could be a good reason ranger and lua lua are sticking around in the meantime.

Guest MrBrown

Tbf, this is where his personality might help. If he really does act like a petulant child (as has been suggested), and he wants to come here, we might be alright. Petulant children ALWAYS get what they want.

Tbf, this is where his personality might help. If he really does act like a petulant child (as has been suggested), and he wants to come here, we might be alright. Petulant children ALWAYS get what they want.

not in my house they dont

not in my house they dont

:lol: :lol:

I've desperately tried to stop kneejerk reactions, but we're actually gonna miss out on both aren't we?? Absolute stupidity by the club if we do.

can only say that when we find out how much they were wanting and how much we could afford.

I'm not sure how so many people can get so excited on such little information. Ben Arfa would be an ideal signing but if you take a step back and look at this objectively we don't even know if we're in negotiations for the lad. Our alleged interest could be as significant as a bid or as little as an inquiry. Truthly we don't even know if he's interested in a move, all we have is the word of a couple of French hacks and Neil Farrington's 'sources'.

Same goes for Cleverly, the media are as informed about his destination as we are. Ferguson claims he wants to loan the lad out, subsequently the guessing games begin. You can rule out the top eight for a kick off, Fulham have options on the flanks as do Sunderland and Stoke so that leaves the remaning nine teams in the league. We're the front runners, then Blackpool enter the mix, oh wait he's off to Bolton, now Wigan is his destination. It's all absolute crap.

Instead of setting our hearts on utter speculation isn't it just best to see who comes through the door? I used to love a good rumour but the secrecy and to an extent the incompetence of the current regime makes any rumour, however exciting and persistent difficult to get excited about.