Hatem Ben Arfa

Guest sicko2ndbest

Think HBA will be pretty effective wherever on the pitch he's playing, he'll roam a lot anyway.

The question is which other player can we most afford to leave out IMO. I don't really know the answer right now, it might depend on the opposition.

any of our forward line at the minute.

At the moment I'd have to agree. Playing two forwards and leaving out a midfielder for HBA would seem mental with our current strikers.

Think HBA will be pretty effective wherever on the pitch he's playing, he'll roam a lot anyway.

The question is which other player can we most afford to leave out IMO. I don't really know the answer right now, it might depend on the opposition.

At the moment I'd have to agree. Playing two forwards and leaving out a midfielder for HBA would seem mental with our current strikers.

i don't think he's played that position before but he seems to have what it takes to play there. very much in a beardsleyesque role.

i don't think he's played that position before but he seems to have what it takes to play there. very much in a beardsleyesque role.

He started off as an attacking midfielder.  Deschamps predominantly played him out wide and took some of his creativity away, think this was one of the reasons they ended up falling out. 

I believe there are quotes from HBA and Pardew saying the 'number 10' role is his best position.

He started off as an attacking midfielder.  Deschamps predominantly played him out wide and took some of his creativity away, think this was one of the reasons they ended up falling out. 

I believe there are quotes from HBA and Pardew saying the 'number 10' role is his best position.

when you say "started out" is that in the first team etc or coming through the ranks. i remember him playing wide at lyon but didn't see too many games.

Not watched too much French football, used to when Setanta existed.  But he seemed to play wide left, right or in an advanced central position.  Seemed like he just got the free role, which is what we should do IMO, like VdV at Spurs.

I always thought his natural position was more central, although I may be wrong.

Guest Stephen927

Long term I'd like to see him play centrally, but to ease him back in it's probably best to play him on the flank.

Guest BEN BEN BEN ARFA

Ben Arfa in line for Newcastle return before end of the season

By Sportsmail Reporter Last updated at 1:28 AM on 19th April 2011

Comments (0) Add to My Stories  Almost ready: Ben Arfa in training last week

Newcastle manager Alan Pardew has revealed winger Hatem Ben Arfa could return to action for the final three games of the season.

The 24-year-old Frenchman has not played since suffering a double leg fracture in a challenge with Manchester City's Nigel de Jong at Eastlands on October 3.

However, he has returned to training on Tyneside and Pardew, who completed a permanent move for the loan signing in January despite never having him at his disposal, is proposing to involve him at the end of the campaign.

Pardew said: 'He has certainly been working this week. We think actually the last three games is a possibility and we are just going to leave it at that, featuring him in some part of those three.'

The Magpies, who face Barclays Premier League leaders Manchester United at St James' Park on Tuesday night, will end their first season back in the top flight with home games against Birmingham and West Brom either side of a trip to Chelsea on May 15.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-1378207/Hatem-Ben-Arfa-set-Newcastle-return.html#ixzz1Jy1XY0ke

Guest sicko2ndbest

I think it very much depends on the Blackpool fixture. Win and we will probably make a couple of cameos in the remaining few games. Lose and there will be more pressure on pardew to play him

http://www.blogonthetyne.co.uk/2011/04/geordie-fans-take-heed-after-b.html

Can someone explain to me, with more simple english words (lol), what this article mean/speak about, please ? I didn't even understand the title !

I understand that it is a laudatory article about ben arfa but i don't understand all what he said.

It's just saying that Ben Arfa is a good, genuine football person and going on about him going to the Gateshead game at the weekend.

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

Lee Ryder (The person who wrote the blog) now believes that Ben Arfa is a true lover of Newcastle/Geordies, because Ben Arfa went to see a Gateshead game (Another local team in the Newcastle/Gateshead area).

Guest mimifrench

Thanks. But of course Ben arfa is a true lover of Newcastle now ! Did you know that before he joined your team he spoke with some ex-Newcastle players like N'zogbia, Bassong, Beye ?

The truth is that a lot of people in France think he made a big mistake joining Newcastle (you know a team that had been relegated...) but before joining Newcastle Ben arfa wanted to get informations on your club. And the fact is that unlike the other (mid-table) clubs in the premier league, Newcastle United has an HISTORY. Trust me it is very important for Ben arfa : playing in front of 50 000 fans every week-end is what he wants and what he needs !

Numerous time, he said that football is not a job for him but a passion, and the reason for what he is paid is simply to give "joy", pleasure to the fans. If he didn't care about all those things, he would have go to big clubs, being on the bench and receiving much more money.

Finally this is why, i think, he is a very particular player, different from all those you and i have seen before. If he recovers well from his injury, he can really "explose" in your club !

Thanks. But of course Ben arfa is a true lover of Newcastle now ! Did you know that before he joined your team he spoke with some ex-Newcastle players like N'zogbia, Bassong, Beye ?

The truth is that a lot of people in France think he made a big mistake joining Newcastle (you know a team that had been relegated...) but before joining Newcastle Ben arfa wanted to get informations on your club. And the fact is that unlike the other (mid-table) clubs in the premier league, Newcastle United has an HISTORY. Trust me it is very important for Ben arfa : playing in front of 50 000 fans every week-end is what he wants and what he needs !

Numerous time, he said that football is not a job for him but a passion, and the reason for what he is paid is simply to give "joy", pleasure to the fans. If he didn't care about all those things, he would have go to big clubs, being on the bench and receiving much more money.

Finally this is why, i think, he is a very particular player, different from all those you and i have seen before. If he recovers well from his injury, he can really "explose" in your club !

:smitten:

Just like many places, as you'd expect the Arsenal, ManU, Chelsea snobbery in France is pretty big.

This comeback is reminding me of Owen's comeback at the back end of 06-07. Hopefully we'll have more to cheer about in the long run.