Hatem Ben Arfa

Guest sicko2ndbest

Guest palnese

Better today, but still has a lot to do when it comes to decision making. Will get better when match fit, mind.

Has to start at Blackburn.

Getting better.

Still has the odd bit of control where he knocks it a touch to far & looks a bit unsure of running at players like he did before because of that. With games he'll be sound i reckon, loved it when he ran at goal and easily created a shot. So capable.

Getting better. Still worried about him playing from so deep given he'll lose possession from time-to-time (which is part and parcel of being a creative force) and he won't be able to "do a Jonas" and chug back like a steam train.

Marked lack of familiarity with his team mates thus far too - which should improve over time. The exception to this was Marveaux who he seemed to strike up an understanding with almost immediately.

Thought he was rubbish today, other than the occasional glimpse of energy and danger. Not worried though; this was likely to happen. Rusty as fuck.

Hopefully he'll get ninety minutes under his belt on Wednesday and starting looking like the player we know/assume he can be.

When ben arfa play in 2nd half tottenham wigan nufc plays better

Well done. Now, can you count to potato?

Wasn't great, but considering where's he's at in his return, happy with his performance. Once he's got more minutes under his belt, he'll be more in sync with the team, was passing it about a bit more today, releasing it earlier than his appearance on Sunday, where he just kept running at them every time. Can see he'll open up so many more options as soon as he's on the same wavelength with the rest of the team.

I think rubbish is a bit too far, personally.

Maybe, but he was ring rusty and pretty damn ropey. It's good to see him out there though, and like Wormy says, the more time he gets on the pitch the better. Great to see him get the full half.

Added a different dimension to us today I thought. As pretty much everybody has said, rusty but still obvious class. When he unleashed that shot, I jumped about 400 foot in the air thinking it was going in :(