Hatem Ben Arfa

Guest sicko2ndbest

Him and Ba should link up well. Unfortunately Ba was just about knackered by the time HBA was introduced.

What's convinced you since Monday?

At what point did I contradict that on Monday? Still don't think he should be played off the striker, btw. Just think they'll link up well when Ba's moving like he did in the first half of the Wolves game.

He came on for 45 minutes and went missing for the first half hour of it, also while I realise he suffered a serious injury he needs to stop fannying out of tackles.

he can only play the 'man off' role if we have other midfilelders making moves. movement today even before he came on was non existent

He came on for 45 minutes and went missing for the first half hour of it, also while I realise he suffered a serious injury he needs to stop fannying out of tackles.

he can only play the 'man off' role if we have other midfilelders making moves. movement today even before he came on was non existent

Yup. Obertan was the worst for it. For all the grief he got for when he was on the ball, I thought his movement off it was shocking.

I don't remember fannying out of any tackle.

I can remember 3 occasions where he pulled out and let the opponents take it rather than attempting a tackle.

That back heel too. :huff:

Guest Rey Mysterio

He did a few but I can't blame him. Wish he'd have fannied out 12 months ago at Eastlands.

There's gonna come a game, in the very near future, where he destroys some cunt.  The nearest athlete i can liken him to is Michael Jordan, who most people on this forum won't remember or probably care about. But when this kid get's the ball, sometimes it seems like everybody else on the field is under water.  He just operates on a different level.

what must be remembered if people are criticising his performance, not only is he just recovering from a horrendous injury but he's probably still adapting to the pace of the league considering he barely played last season

what must be remembered if people are criticising his performance, not only is he just recovering from a horrendous injury but he's probably still adapting to the pace of the league considering he barely played last season

Didn't you see the Everton game? Adapting to the pace isn't a problem he just needs games.

Didn't you see the Everton game? Adapting to the pace isn't a problem he just needs games.

and a role.

Without excelling individually, we've looked much more threatening in the last 2 games since he's came on. He strikes fear in opponents and its scary to think theres better to come from him. The other players need to give him options though.

He's been built up so much that people are expecting too much from him too soon. He just needs games and his sharpness will come back and I'm not in the slightest concerned. If you think what the lad has been through it's just great right now that he's running freely on the pitch at this stage.

Utter rubbish. He created an immediate link between the midfield and attack and our shape immediately looked better after he came on. As madras has said, if he lost the ball a couple of times when dribbling, that was as much to do with the lack of movement in front of him than because he was greedy. If there's a pass on he will make it.