Hatem Ben Arfa

Guest sicko2ndbest

Guest hatem garrincha

He won a couple of free kicks yday but was a touch fortunate to get them.

In the same way that we've been a touch fortunate to go 11 games unbeaten,yeah.

You'll need to explain that to me as I'm struggling to compare the two unless you don't think he was fortunate

and that you don't think we've had a touch of good fortune to remain unbeaten. If that is the case then you're a nailed on half full glass type of person.

Sorry Tsunami, I generally like your posts but I really don't undrestand how you saw he was fortunate to get those free kicks.

He's a player you cannot easily take the ball from.

Thats not what is annoying people.

It's the fact he's making out things like Ben Arfa is a bad apple and is going to get unhappy being on the bench and is going to kick up a fuss when he has done absolutely nothing so far off the pitch to upset anyone. So all this talk of he will probs get the sold in the next window or so is just needless chat that is just designed to annoy people.

The problem you have and a few others like you is that you are so blinkered or so keen to follow like sheep, that you struggle to be able to have a sensible conversation about a player.

I have said countless times how I hope it all clicks and he is a big success for us, but I can't see the point in blowing smoke up his arse when he hasn't really done anything so far this season. He was pretty average yesterday simple as that.

Two other people today mentioned the tension bit and given his previous, the fact he's even down the pecking order on the subs and the fact this is a football chat forum, discussing what may or may not be playing out seems fair game to me.

I also didn't say he would probably be sold, I said it wouldn't surprise me.

Finally, if random Newcastle fans discussing things to do with the club annoy you, you may be be better logging on to cbeebies.

:)

Guest BlacknWhiteArmy

It's the fact he's making out things like Ben Arfa is a bad apple and is going to get unhappy being on the bench and is going to kick up a fuss when he has done absolutely nothing so far off the pitch to upset anyone. So all this talk of he will probs get the sold in the next window or so is just needless chat that is just designed to annoy people.

the fact he's even down the pecking order on the subs

What? Pardew has stated a few times now that Ben Arfa will never play out wide- to quote Pardew he does not have the relish for it. Sammy is a natural wide player.

Christ.

Guest iheartthetoons

All this nonsense of him being sold... pfft. If we sell him, i'll have Cashley's throat and Pardews!

Very talented player who's had a massive, sometimes even career-breaking, injury and he's just getting adjusted to the PL again playing under a different manager and a different team.

And that's the problem i've been seeing more - I believe Ba and HBA play similar roles, just that HBA is much more skillful then Ba, and Ba is the better allround goalscorer. I actually think Best amd HBA will be a better partnership, as was demonstrated when he came on against Blackburn and HBA set it up for Best on a plate. Best is a poacher, gets into the right positions in which HBA delivers balls too. Granted, Ba and Best have a slightly different partnership but I think when Ba leaves, HBA and Best will flourish and should be how it's deployed. Just a shame Best gets so tired after 60/70 mins, cause it might save Ba's knees a bit!

Guest fumiste

I follow him since many years...but people have to understand that even if he was better yesterday , he's was injuried for a year...nobody can be amazing after one month or two...

He has to play , even if do some mistakes...

I am sure that he'll be a Newcastle legend....but we have to be patient.

down the pecking order on the subs

There is no 'pecking order' within the (outfield) substitutes ffs. Pardew has said he sees Ben Arfa as a second/support/whatever striker - so when Cabaye went off, he wasn't going to come on and play centre-mid, and when Marveaux had to come off, he wasn't going to come on and play right-wing now, was he? Also, depending on how the game progresses and what the scenario is, we don't need to use him - Pardew was perfectly correct not to introduce him at Stoke.

You'll need to explain that to me as I'm struggling to compare the two unless you don't think he was fortunate and that you don't think we've had a touch of good fortune to remain unbeaten. If that is the case then you're a nailed on half full glass type of person.

You make your own luck

Guest hatem garrincha

but I can't see the point in blowing smoke up his arse when he hasn't really done anything so far this season.

Let's talk seriously man because you are 40 years old now. He hadn't many occasions to "really" do something. He's not playing enough.

You'll need to explain that to me as I'm struggling to compare the two unless you don't think he was fortunate

and that you don't think we've had a touch of good fortune to remain unbeaten. If that is the case then you're a nailed on half full glass type of person.

Sorry Tsunami, I generally like your posts but I really don't undrestand how you saw he was fortunate to get those free kicks.

He's a player you cannot easily take the ball from.

No problem. He protects the ball well, the 2 free kicks he got yday were both were he'd ran himself into a bit of trouble and was awarded what imo were softish free kicks.

He's not as sharp as he will be which is the crux of him being caught in possession.

Was I alone in thinking he was pretty good, though nothing great against everton? Mainly that he carried possession forwards and relieved pressure, we didn't have an especially pressured finish and I think partially him dragging their midfield back seemed to play a part. He played a series of short passes with Guthrie I think at one point, think he wants to do that more and the wingers need to come in tight with him and exchange quick balls past defence, if he's expected to hit long balls out to the wings, he probably won't and instead will run into people.

Guest hatem garrincha

Was I alone in thinking he was pretty good, though nothing great against everton? Mainly that he carried possession forwards and relieved pressure, we didn't have an especially pressured finish and I think partially him dragging their midfield back seemed to play a part. He played a series of short passes with Guthrie I think at one point, think he wants to do that more and the wingers need to come in tight with him and exchange quick balls past defence, if he's expected to hit long balls out to the wings, he probably won't and instead will run into people.

Yeah some interesting sequences between the two players.

I wonder if he should be told to play as almost a striker while he gets his confidence / sharpness back, where he can hopefully poach a few goals, and as he gets back to pace he can drop back deeper into the role he wants, but probably is more demanding

Guest BlacknWhiteArmy

They seemed to be on a similar wavelength. Guthrie's strong in that area of his game, though.

Guest VaVaVoom

I hope he starts in behind Ba against Citeh, ManUre and Chelske...those are the games where we will need an extra midfielder and the games where we could well do with his magic too.

The problem you have and a few others like you is that you are so blinkered or so keen to follow like sheep, that you struggle to be able to have a sensible conversation about a player.

I have said countless times how I hope it all clicks and he is a big success for us, but I can't see the point in blowing smoke up his arse when he hasn't really done anything so far this season. He was pretty average yesterday simple as that.

Two other people today mentioned the tension bit and given his previous, the fact he's even down the pecking order on the subs and the fact this is a football chat forum, discussing what may or may not be playing out seems fair game to me.

Finally, if random Newcastle fans discussing things to do with the club annoy you, you may be be better logging on to cbeebies.

Real mature that.

Ok i haven't been "blowing smoke up his arse" as you put it and neither has anyone else. Maybe the french posters who have joined the forum because he is one of their favourite players have maybe exaggerated how good his cameos so far have been but apart from that i would say most people have been realistic about his play and not expecting too much from him.

You seem to be constantly assuming things like there is "tension" and that he refused to play for the reserves. Now if you work for the club or have some factual insider knowledge so be it but to me it just seems your making these theories, like him becoming a "bad apple" for example, up based on very little evidence to support your argument

Guest hatem garrincha

They seemed to be on a similar wavelength. Guthrie's strong in that area of his game, though.

Yes. You can see they like to play together. Very good "understanding" (?)

Christmas Tree seems to be carrying on the same patter he had on Toontastic, tbf I hold my hands up and assumed they were getting at him solely because he was quite positive but it's looking like he just actually winds everyone up :lol:

Guest mimifrench

Are you all serious with having a go at Ben arfa ??

I mean I saw the whole period he played and he did ok. During that time, it was Everton who had the possession of the ball and I thought he was brought on to keep the ball. And he did that thing pretty well to my mind.

Concerning the fact that Ben arfa wouldn't play in the wing, I'm sure that's absolutely rubbish (probably comes from someone imagination).

He was out during practically a year and then you tell me that he wouldn't play in the wing because he doen't like this position?? Come on, we have to be serious one second. He's such "hungry" of football that he'll play anywhere!

@"Chrismas Tree" : I'm sure you confused Ben arfa with another player because that's not possible otherwise. To make criticism on HBA on that game is just insane! He played only 20 minutes...

How many comments on the Best thread for example ?

Guest hatem garrincha

The problem you have and a few others like you is that you are so blinkered or so keen to follow like sheep, that

you struggle to be able to have a sensible conversation about a player.

Two other people today mentioned the tension bit and given his previous, the fact he's even down the peckinorder on the subs and the fact this is a football chat forum, discussing what may or may not be playing out seems fair game to me.

Finally, if random Newcastle fans discussing things to do with the club annoy you, you may be be betterlogging on to cbeebies.

Real mature thatcher

Ok i haven't been "blowing smoke up his arse" as you put it and neither has anyone else. Maybe the french posters who have joined the forum because he is one of their favourite players have maybe exaggerated how good his cameos so far have been but apart from that i would say most people have been realistic about his play and not expecting too much from him.

You seem to be constantly assuming things like there is "tension" and that he refused to play for the reserves. Now if you work for the club or have some factual insider knowledge so be it but to me it just seems your making these theories, like him becoming a "bad apple" for example, up based on very little evidence to support your argument

The french posters never exaggerated about his cameos. I was the first to say he was short against Blackburn. I'm ok with the criticisms when they are fair. It's never the case with CT and he's not alone.

I just hope he's not getting into a sulk as we're not playing him in the first team. Hard to drop someone, anyone, right now, though. As much as I'd love to see him get a run in the first team. I always saw him as someone to play behind the striker(s), so it'd be interesting to have him in place of Cabaye (when Cab's out), and Guthrie deputizing for Tiote (when he's in Africa).

The french posters never exaggerated about his cameos. I was the first to say he was short against Blackburn. I'm ok with the criticisms when they are fair. It's never the case with CT and he's not alone.

Didnt mean anything by it man, i just mean you and a few others are likely to be more positive about Hatem than Christmas Tree :)

I just think it's weird there seems to be this running argument about him for no reason. It's like people are trying to create something negative about the club while everything else is going so well. The simple facts are Ben Arfa used to be a class player and has been out for a year with a career threatening injury so he needs time to develop which im sure both he and the coaching staff are aware of and far more qualified to decide.

I just hope he's not getting into a sulk as we're not playing him in the first team. Hard to drop someone, anyone, right now, though. As much as I'd love to see him get a run in the first team. I always saw him as someone to play behind the striker(s), so it'd be interesting to have him in place of Cabaye (when Cab's out), and Guthrie deputizing for Tiote (when he's in Africa).

Yep but what annoys me is pardew said he'd only play him in the traditional number 10 role, but playing him wide right is a good idea imo if he cant get up front.  Would rather him there than any of the other options tbh.