Hatem Ben Arfa

Guest sicko2ndbest

Guest hatem garrincha

Everyone needs to stop being gay on this thread and just wait and see.

Also people on here should be allowed to question his ability without being dragged into fanboy arguments.

Quoted for truth and clarity.

Questioning his ability with arguments like he didn't make an assist during the few minutes he had on the pitch at

City last year ? Bof, bof, bof.

You really are tiresome.

There are some here that actually use real examples to back up their observations and generate discussion. You, on the other hand are so blind with your Hatem-love that you cannot see the other 10 players. The lad has not done very much for NUFC through a combination of factors. I will wait and see if he can offer anything to the TEAM that I support.

I guess if you only have one drum to bang, you hammer it incessantly. Bof, bof, bof.

There are not only some, there are plenty  :lol: but it's certainly not some auto-proclamated professors of football who use bad faith as "arguments".

EDIT : and I confess, I'm a "fanboy", "Hatem lover" etc.  :lol: but a fair and balanced one  :lol:

Ben Arfa won't be back to best until next season, after he gets a full pre-season under his belt.  You can't overestimate how important that is to a player's performances.

:idiot2:

That is a sensible point not to be mocked to be honest. Players that miss pre-season are often off colour for a long time, and many players having a good season often credit it to a good preseason.

As for Ben Arfa, he just doesn't look ready to challenge for a first team place yet, but he did do his job to perfection on Saturday and that bodes well for the future.

But on the other hand other players shouldn't be ripped out of the team just to fit him. He needs to take his chances when they come.

Lets recap so I can get my head round this. So far Ben Arfa has -

Refused to play for the reserves

Refused to play on the Wing

Fell out with Pardew

Does not work hard enough

Is too Greedy with the ball

Doesnt have a footballing brain

Lied about relatives being ill

From this, I can only conclude that a couple on here, by couple I mean Baggio and moreso Christmas Tree have Level 2 Downs.

Any need for that kind of post? People with that condition are people you know, and chances are that someone with this condition or a family member of someone with the condition is a member of the forum and could even read that post, and be upset as you have just branded someone with that condition an idiot.

In a change of pace to this thread, i was re-watching the game and this picture cracked me up abit haha. He's saying something about why sammy is on instead of him from what i can tell. Well the only words i could lip read were sammy and ball. Also i thought it was quite funny when Ben Arfa is stood ready to come on Pardew goes up to him and clearly says "work REALLY hard ok?"  :lol:

Romantic moment  :love:

http://img809.imageshack.us/img809/7440/hahp.jpg

In a change of pace to this thread, i was re-watching the game and this picture cracked me up abit haha. He's saying something about why sammy is on instead of him from what i can tell. Well the only words i could lip read were sammy and ball. Also i thought it was quite funny when Ben Arfa is stood ready to come on Pardew goes up to him and clearly says "work REALLY hard ok?"  :lol:

Romantic moment  :love:

http://img809.imageshack.us/img809/7440/hahp.jpg

Slapping his face off.

Guest magpie99

With so many players out, we need him to play now.

If I were Pardew, I would stick him in against Man City and tell him to have a real go at them. Psychologically, it will go along way to him overcoming the mental block surrouding his injury problems.

I think Man City will be wary about challenges on him considering the uproar from last time. It could be a very good assist for us.

Also, if De Jong is playing, get in a good hard fair tackle on him early and watch HBA confidence grow.

While I thought he did well in his cameo, Baggio has a point in that passage of play.

http://img696.imageshack.us/img696/6209/skrmklippu.png

At this point, if he plays it forward with his preferred left foot in the space behind Distin, Ba is almost certain to get there first (he already has his speed up, and as we see in the following frames, goes past Distin).

Not that I really see the point in nitpicking in one passage of play, we won, and Ben Arfa made a decent cameo.

Excellent!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

I wonder why Mick didn't post this screen shot where Ben Arfa had plenty of space to play it in to and Ba was making the run waiting for the ball to be dropped over? That's the thing when you're debating a guy from memory who has access to screenshots but only shows you the ones that suit his agenda. O0

It's clear from the picture that I was right in what I said and the chance to finish the game off was there, the question to the people saying he was doing what he was told and holding on to the ball is why didn't he run it into the corner if that was the case? Instead he tried to beat the man again and ended up losing it allowing Everton to bring it forward again. Brilliant ball retention that. :lol:

As is pretty obvious this opinion doesn't suit Mick, his Pardew bashing bum chum Wullie and a selection of fan boys on this forum but there's no need to cry about it lads, I'm sure he'll be amazing soon and you lot can wank yourselves silly when he does finally get an assist or something.

Whilst i don't think you can argue with the points you've made regarding that particular incident, why are you laying into HBA so early on? Are you not satisfied with it just being down to rustiness and a lack of pre-season, or do you genuinely think he's going to be an ineffectual player for us?

I hope everyone just draws a line under the last few pages and starts again on his upcoming performances and say it as it is. The scrutiny is ridiculous. Try asking yourself If A N Other player had done that, what would have been my opinion of it?

He's doing ok, has a bit to go and if we're being honest Danny Gutherie has made the better come back so far (albeit they have different roles to play).

While I thought he did well in his cameo, Baggio has a point in that passage of play.

At this point, if he plays it forward with his preferred left foot in the space behind Distin, Ba is almost certain to get there first (he already has his speed up, and as we see in the following frames, goes past Distin).

Not that I really see the point in nitpicking in one passage of play, we won, and Ben Arfa made a decent cameo.

I wonder why Mick didn't post this screen shot where Ben Arfa had plenty of space to play it in to and Ba was making the run waiting for the ball to be dropped over? That's the thing when you're debating a guy from memory who has access to screenshots but only shows you the ones that suit his agenda. O0

It's clear from the picture that I was right in what I said and the chance to finish the game off was there, the question to the people saying he was doing what he was told and holding on to the ball is why didn't he run it into the corner if that was the case? Instead he tried to beat the man again and ended up losing it allowing Everton to bring it forward again. Brilliant ball retention that. :lol:

As is pretty obvious this opinion doesn't suit Mick, his Pardew bashing bum chum Wullie and a selection of fan boys on this forum but there's no need to cry about it lads, I'm sure he'll be amazing soon and you lot can w*** yourselves silly when he does finally get an assist or something.

What was he supposed to do to use the preferred left foot that he's actually standing on, hop?

Give it a rest, you're looking stupid now.

Can't believe the amount of scrutiny over a single incident. Baggio said he needed to improve his overall ball retention, HBA did, rarely loses the ball during the cameo and he starts to complain about an isolated incident. It's almost as if he's not allowed to make a single mistake or ever lose the ball, which is pathetic.

I'm sure there are plenty of passes that Best and Ba, could and should have made during the match but we aren't analysing them, why not? Players aren't perfect and this isn't Fifa, players don't just come back from injury and everything's fine.

The 'footballing brain' comment is the hallmark of a fan that obviously doesn't have much football knowledge outside of the English game. The injury comment is blind ignorance and complete idiocy.

Where was Baggio when he was playing well last season, in a similar amount of games for us? He had more minutes then and was actually fit too. Didn't hear nowt about 'ball retention'. Ludicrous.

Can't believe the amount of scrutiny over a single incident. Baggio said he needed to improve his overall ball retention, HBA did, rarely loses the ball during the cameo and he starts to complain about an isolated incident. It's almost as if he's not allowed to make a single mistake or ever lose the ball, which is pathetic.

I'm sure there are plenty of passes that Best and Ba, could and should have made during the match but we aren't analysing them, why not? Players aren't perfect and this isn't Fifa, players don't just come back from injury and everything's fine.

The 'footballing brain' comment is the hallmark of a fan that obviously doesn't have much football knowledge outside of the English game. The injury comment is blind ignorance and complete idiocy.

Where was Baggio when he was playing well last season, in a similar amount of games for us? He had more minutes then and was actually fit too. Didn't hear nowt about 'ball retention'. Ludicrous.

:clap:

Guest Dontooner

Baggio is actually making should valid points imo.

In the few games Ben featured he could have made some defense splitting passes but chose not to. I think Pardew being harping about how he wants HBA  to play and improve the team. Pardew's dilemma would be when HBA plays, would he be a improvement in the team overall , in terms of defending and creating or scoring goals. He has also being on about Messi and he probably see HBA playing his role, and as we could see week in week out, Messi could pass the ball when it is necessary and dribble and score when the team is struggling.

HBA is probably the most important player for us if we were to surprise and stay in the top 6, he has just came back from injury...give him a chance to adapt to his new role now.

This is my opinion only but HBA has lost a bit of pace and power after his injury maybe its a bit too early to tell. However his potential as a playmaker is scary...its his skills and vision that would haunt teams in future but he certainly needs to mature into a creator of goals. His priority should to move the ball into dangerous areas and keep pressure on the opposition rather than direct creation  through taking on players. Sorry to be too long winded here, but we need to shape the team to Ben if we want to bring the best out of him...a team with a high work rate of pass and move football would benefit him and make him look like a completely different player. Fulham, Arsenal etc would be good teams that he would slot in straight away

I agree with you Dontooner, i think he is getting used to his body again because it seems like he is taking people on and normally he would breeze past them but physically he's not quite there yet even if in his mind he thinks he can beat the man. Hopefully it will come with fitness and form as they both improve with time.

But everyone is over analysing every little thing he does at the moment which is unfair because we don't do it with other players and they aren't returning from a broken leg.

They'd be valid points if they were even made to attempt to consider his personal circumstances and actually given time. What is the point on judging a player, who has barely played this year, who isn't fit yet and definitely needs time to fine a groove? I'd understand the complaints but as mentioned above, if they were actually given a decent enough amount of time to be deemed valid.

I'll add that Baggio's observations on his cameos pre Everton were right, he did lose the ball too much and wasn't making the right choices too often. It's the lack of understanding about the injury and then making judgements on his overall game that are just so plain wrong and of course nit-picking over a performance that was greatly improved in the one area Baggio complained about, retention. He was far less wasteful in that but still jumped on the one opportunity he had to have a go and claimed something about lacking a football brain.

Guest Dontooner

The key issue at hand for me personally, does Pardew have the ability to change the team to play better flowing football which is instrumental for Ben to perform on a consistent basis. Atm  we are playing a more english style that has more emphasis on pressing and playing balls to the heads or shoulders of our strikers. I think Ben still perform in the current team, but it would be difficult to bring the best out of him.

As is pretty obvious this opinion doesn't suit Mick, his Pardew bashing bum chum Wullie and a selection of fan boys on this forum but there's no need to cry about it lads, I'm sure he'll be amazing soon and you lot can w*** yourselves silly when he does finally get an assist or something.

I know I should not entertain you, but out of curiosity what is Mick's agenda? To be supportive of a player of ours that just came back from a year long injury? Shocking!  :kasper: