Hatem Ben Arfa

Guest sicko2ndbest

Guest localhero87

If we were to drop someone for Ben Arfa for me it has to be Nolan. I would say Smith but if we did that then the whole midfield would need to shuffle around to accomodate new positions with Barton sitting deep, Nolan sitting further back etc.

But with Nolan it would be a straight swap.

I sincerely hope its not Barton who gets dropped though. Been impressed by him so far.

Before Ben Arfa makes Nolan a sub Tiote has to replace Smith....

You would expect it to be straight-swaps in the long-term. That's certainly what i'd imagine everyone envisaging.

We'll probably start with the same team though.

It would admittedly be harsh but I wouldn't be fussed if Nolan was dropped for Ben Arfa.

that will happen,as will tiote for smith. its a question of whether to do it a week on saturday.

should be done gradually :snod:

Like anal.

Before Ben Arfa makes Nolan a sub Tiote has to replace Smith....

You would expect it to be straight-swaps in the long-term. That's certainly what i'd imagine everyone envisaging.

We'll probably start with the same team though.

Not for Smith he should be dropped straight away. Smith is crap and Tiote seems to be composed and his postion is not that hard to take risk. We have to give Ben Arfa 20 or 30 minutes now and then many here think it will be Nolan but my suspect is Rout I like him as a player but I can not see CH dropping Nolan at least not this season

The relationship between Barton and Ben Arfa worries me, and Hughton will need to keep a close eye on it. On the field, they could combine very well, but they both have similar egos and could easily clash. In a big way.

The relationship between Barton and Ben Arfa worries me, and Hughton will need to keep a close eye on it. On the field, they could combine very well, but they both have similar egos and could easily clash. In a big way.

Barton has grown up tbf. Won't be any problems between those two.

Barton has grown up tbf. Won't be any problems between those two.

Signs are promising. But we've been down that road before. Granted these signs are the best they've ever been with him, but I'll still wait for 10 games or so of the same from Barton before drawing any conclusions.

I think we're all getting a bit too obsessed with picking a 'best' XI. The team will evolve as the season progresses and the new signings find their feet (hopefully) but in the meantime injuries, suspensions and rotation against different quality teams, home or away will all be a factor. I'm looking for a common shape with a big striker, player in the hole, pace out wide and a holding player in midfield, I think the personel playing this system can be flexible and we'll only find out CH's best XI on Cup Final day!

From what I can gather from youtube, this guy seems to be Keiron Dyer but with the added bonus of skills but not Ginola good skills but the ability to beat a few men and has some end product but nowhere near the crossing or shooting ability of Robert.

But that said, he is younger than the both of them at this point in his career than the other two were when they came here so there is still time for him to improve.

From what I can gather from youtube, this guy seems to be Keiron Dyer but with the added bonus of skills but not Ginola good skills but the ability to beat a few men and has some end product but nowhere near the crossing or shooting ability of Robert.

But that said, he is younger than the both of them at this point in his career than the other two were when they came here so there is still time for him to improve.

Thats is why I think he would be more suited to where Nolan plays now, not wide left leave Jonas there.

Clueless.

I'd be surprised if there isn't a major dust up between Ben Arfa and any number of our squad before the year's out. The kid looks like a major wind up merchant with a head the size of France. Chris Hughton will really make his reputation if he can calm HBA down and integrate him into the team ethic.