Hatem Ben Arfa

Guest sicko2ndbest

Really feel sorry for the lad if these are the kind of expectations he's had to live up to his entire life. I honestly dont think he's actually played badly at all, perhaps anonymous at times especially so at blackburn but in every game I've seen him he's literally done ok. he's made contributions at forest, spurs and everton so far in his very short career at nufc which is 3 times as much as smith has contributed.

One thing that does worry me is his reluctance to play out wide, I think for a player of his type playingo out wide with more space to exploit would be beneficial to his rehabilitation, more than happy to see him deployed in the number 10 role in the long run but trying to regain his touch In a tight area will do nothing but frustrated him and the crowd. The Messi role has him written all over it. 3ventually id love to see him deployed in the cesc role that he played at arsenal.

Fair comments from Pardew. The "striker" tag though, Pardew probably means "forward".

What's the difference? He's already confirmed he doesn't see HBA out wide.

I know Pardew has confirmed that Ben Arfa will play the number 10 role but he's not a proper striker so to speak. Describing him as a forward seems more fitting.

I'm sure he'll chip in with a few goals but I think that Ben Arfa can't be described as a striker in the traditional sense.

Looks like he'll be playing he role that Owen did under Keegan. Dropping back to midfield to collect the ball and supporting strikers in attack. Maybe a bit more attacking though as it looks like he'll be playing behind the lone striker rather than the 2 Owen played behind.

Was probably the right decision not to play him today but worried if he starts becoming more and more desperate i.e. trying to prove a point in every game by trying to do it all on his own. It's a vicious cycle that good attacking flair players go through when they think they have not been given a proper chance which only make matters worse

Pards will need to manage the situation delicately keeping him patient whilst still motivating him because like it or not if he can recapture his form against Everton last season (even putting aside the stunning goal), he's undoubtedly our most skillful player

I don't care how long he sits on the bench when Besty puts in a shift like that, working his socks off like that. I want to see HBA light it up for us, but as long as we keep winning I don't care about whoever is on the bench.

Will get his chance.

Fucking mental that we have Ben Arfa having to bide his time to get into the team though :lol:

Said it in the match thread at half time, can't believe that I can't find a place in the team for one of my favourite players (and not just NUFC-players) :lol:

reserves play Wigan away on Tuesday(today),  would like HBA and Marveaux to get a run out to sharpen themselves up for if they are needed to come on and maybe unlock Everton on Saturday.

Don't think they'll be involved though.