Hatem Ben Arfa

Guest sicko2ndbest

I would have thought one of the first things you would do would be to check if the the salary is within your budget.  What's the point in doing all that negotiating which seems to take weeks these days to then find the player wants double what you can afford.

IF its a loan deal, we will have been asking if we were going to have to pay his full wages, that may have been an issue depending on what he is on at OM.

There was talk of him wanting to agree his own wages terms even for a loan spell.

IF that is true I can imagine we decided not to go for him even before he tooj his little trip over here.

He's on more money now than he'd get here, Marseille want to sell as opposed to loan. There's no way he can end up here, even a loan deal with an option to buy isn't possible with what he wants as wages.

He'll stay at Marseille unless they get real desperate to sell and he gets more realistic with his wage demands. Unfortunately, I can't see anyway we'll get him.

I can understand MA not wanting us to become a soft touch with players/ agents but we got out of jail last year coming straight back up & MA is again failing to support his investment & trying to get his money out of the club. I can't believe that MA is really so niaive to believe that you can get quality on the cheap. He should know that by the gear he sells in his shops.

Fuck knows what type of squad we'd have now if we hadn't have been promoted.

:facepalm:

How do you know what he wants in wages or what we'll offer?  If you really put any stock in an article by the NOTW I really don't know what to say.

Any loan deal would come with an option to buy. We simply wouldn't be able to take that option up due to his wages. The player/ agent would want to know the details of the contract offer that would come with the option to buy & that would scupper the whole deal. I feel we have walked away from this & will stay away unless there is a major change in his expectations or what MA is willing to pay.

Any loan deal would come with an option to buy. We simply wouldn't be able to take that option up due to his wages. The player/ agent would want to know the details of the contract offer that would come with the option to buy & that would scupper the whole deal. I feel we have walked away from this & will stay away unless there is a major change in his expectations or what MA is willing to pay.

Based on a NOTW article? :kasper:  You don't think that its, just maybe, an issue of the fee they want or the structure of the loan deal like every other source has told us?

http://www.liberte-algerie.com/edit.php?id=141290

O Marseille

Anigo: "Ben Arfa liable to financial penalties"

By: Sports Editor

Lu: (5 times)

The attacking midfielder of OM, Hatem Ben Arfa, who has set foot in the club since last week, is liable to financial penalties for his attitude, said Friday Jose Anigo, sporting director of club champion France, during a press briefing. "We may want to leave a club, that's for sure, but do not come and train, is exposed to financial penalties, which will be the case," said Anigo. "This is not something normal, even if they have disputes with us," said sporting director, adding that he "regularly its representatives on the phone to the point" on any transfer.

On August 12, Ben Arfa had refused to train and left the center Robert Louis-Dreyfus, before multiplying the statements in which he challenged the behavior of most leaders of the OM. The OM does not clearly wanted to keep the player, but he revised his position with the departure of Mamadou Niang to Fenerbahce. Believing he was treated as "a package of laundry," Ben Arfa said he was ready "to put her career on hold" rather than continue to play in Marseille. Several clubs, including Newcastle (1st div. English) and most recently Werder Bremen (1st div. German), appeared interested in the French international, but none have yet responded.

He's on more money now than he'd get here, Marseille want to sell as opposed to loan. There's no way he can end up here, even a loan deal with an option to buy isn't possible with what he wants as wages.

He'll stay at Marseille unless they get real desperate to sell and he gets more realistic with his wage demands. Unfortunately, I can't see anyway we'll get him.

I can understand MA not wanting us to become a soft touch with players/ agents but we got out of jail last year coming straight back up & MA is again failing to support his investment & trying to get his money out of the club. I can't believe that MA is really so niaive to believe that you can get quality on the cheap. He should know that by the gear he sells in his shops.

f*** knows what type of squad we'd have now if we hadn't have been promoted.

How do you know what he wants in wages or what we'll offer?  If you really put any stock in an article by the NOTW I really don't know what to say.

He's supposedly on 55k a week at Marseille, MA will not pay that kind of money. This is a non story for us now unless there is a major change by one or other party.

I've no idea what Ben Arfa wants in wages but it'll not be less than he gets now & it looks like W Bremen may not have been able to agree terms after having a bid accepted (unconfirmed but something stopped what looked like a done deal).

Based on a NOTW article? :kasper:  You don't think that its, just maybe, an issue of the fee they want or the structure of the loan deal like every other source has told us?

are you implying the notw made something up :kasper:

f*** knows what type of squad we'd have now if we hadn't have been promoted.

He's supposedly on 55k a week at Marseille, MA will not pay that kind of money. This is a non story for us now unless there is a major change by one or other party.

I've no idea what Ben Arfa wants in wages but it'll not be less than he gets now & it looks like W Bremen may not have been able to agree terms after having a bid accepted (unconfirmed but something stopped what looked like a done deal).

I haven't seen any reputable source name his current wage, I might have missed it though.  I also don't believe even our lot would reach advanced discussions on a transfer without having a very good idea of what that player was currently being paid.

Its been said plenty of times in many articles posted here that our initial deal for Ben Arfa was canceled due to the sale of Niang, getting Ben Arfa's wages off the bill was no longer a necessity, so a pure loan wasn't an attractive option for them anymore.  Ben Arfa's lawyer confirmed this (without naming Niang specifically) in an interview a week ago.  But even without that I'd trust all the other sources ahead of the single worst excuse for a news paper I've ever seen.

Bremen's offer was never confirmed by the way.

I'm really not that hung up on this whole Ben Arfa thing, as long as we bring in a similar type of player in the creative/attacking midfielder mold. We have also been linked with Skjlbred and Huselkepp for example. As long as it's not a Jimmy Bullard.

I fail to believe this kid, as loopy as he is, is so adamant on a move here, that he'd turned up unannounced to try and force a deal, will fuck it up with outrageous wage demands.

Probably just more shit pouring out the Marsielle camp.

I think the NOTW are just trying to come up with an explanation for the current impasse.

In fact, I just think that OM are trying to come out of this with the best deal they can, and with as much of their dignity intact. I think with the 'training' story, they've told the player that they'd be prepared to let him go if he resumes training. They don't want it to look like their hand has been forced.

Throughout this weird saga, Dassier has been trying to look like he's in control, not Ben Arfa or NUFC. Appearances and impressions seem to matter a lot to him.