Hatem Ben Arfa

Guest sicko2ndbest

In what sense?

smell

When do you go on tour mate? Can I have a ticket the Newcastle show?

O0

Incredibly poor I realise./  It's like a form of tourettes

Bully boys won't put Ben Arfa off

Oct 10 2010 by Mark Douglas, Sunday Sun

HATEM BEN ARFA has pledged not to be sent packing from English football by the hatchet men.

Seven days after the horror tackle that threatened to end his season, the French schemer is out of hospital and back in his apartment in Newcastle beginning his long recovery from a double leg break.

But a bullish Ben Arfa is already making plans for his return in March – determined to bulk up to stand up to the Premier League bullies.

The 23-year-old will spend the next month recuperating in Newcastle before transferring to a world-class rehabilitation centre in the South of France in time for Christmas.

But his agent and adviser Simon Stainrod says he will be back, adamant he can earn a permanent move to United.

“Hatem is not the kind of person who will be put off the Premier League or Newcastle United by this,” Stainrod told the Sunday Sun.

“His attitude will be that he’s going to be more determined. He will think ‘If it’s like that, I better do a few more weights and toughen myself up.’

“He shouldn’t have to, but that will be the way Hatem is. He doesn’t want to give up on England or Newcastle. If anything, he wants it more.”

It has been a difficult week for Ben Arfa, who was operated on in Manchester and spent a few days on a morphine drip before being moved to Newcastle’s Nuffield Hospital.

But through a tough seven days he has been particularly impressed by United’s classy response to his injury.

The club doctor has stayed by his side throughout, while messages of support have flooded in from team-mates, fans and all of the club’s directors.

However, boss Chris Hughton’s decision to make an eight-hour round trip by car on Wednesday to see Ben Arfa has come in for special praise.

“It has been difficult for Hatem. Imagine anyone in that situation – settling into a new country where he doesn’t know the language and then he has an emergency operation within a few weeks of moving,” Stainrod said.

“It’s been hard, but Newcastle United have been so keen to look after him – I can’t praise them enough.

“The fact that Chris Hughton worked a full day at Newcastle but then still went to see him in Manchester says a lot. It is the mark of the man and the club as well.”

It is the kind of thing that may end up in consideration when a decision has to be made on a permanent deal.

Stainrod says it is too early to prejudge Newcastle’s decision on whether to convert the loan into a £5million transfer, but he is keen to point out one thing – the ball is most definitely in United’s court.

“I know the deal is that if he plays 25 games Newcastle get him automatically, but they can make it permanent at any time before then if they wish,” he said.

“It is Newcastle’s decision – they negotiated an excellent deal. But I don’t know what will happen, it is far too early to say.”

Stainrod believes the injury has cemented the bond between the player and the club’s fans.

“I think Newcastle fans see Hatem as a kindred spirit. The way he acknowledged them when he was in all that pain was pretty remarkable,” he said.

“There’s a bond there. When he comes back – and he will come back – the reception will be almost Kevin Keegan-esque.”

http://www.sundaysun.co.uk/sport/newcastle-united/nufc-news/2010/10/10/bully-boys-won-t-put-ben-arfa-off-79310-27439088/

Marseille have revealed they will file a claim against Nigel de Jong over the tackle which broke Hatem Ben Arfa's leg.

Ben Arfa joined Newcastle on a season-long loan from Marseille over the summer but is now facing several months on the sidelines after having his tibia and fibula broken.

The damage was done by a crunching challenge from Manchester City midfielder De Jongwhich has since been widely condemned.

The Holland international escaped sanction at the time but has since been dropped by his national team manager Bert van Marwijk as punishment

Newcastle have called on the Football Association to discipline De Jong and Ben Arfa's parent club Marseille are now planning legal action.

"We will file a claim against De Jong," president Jean-Claude Dassier told French television programme Telefoot.

"It's about getting rid of this type of individual from European grounds."

Dassier also promised to offer support to the winger in his recovery, saying: "Ben Arfa asked our medical staff to help and we will do everything we can to help him, obviously."

Zlatan saying in a press conference today that De Jong shouldn't have been suspended by the Dutch national coach and that stuff like this happens all the time and too many players would have been suspended if they were to punish players all the time.

f***ing Zlatan.

Gone from being just about my favourite player to hating him with a passion.

c***.

When the result of an unnecessary challenge is a broken leg, then there is no defence.

People like Zlatan should just shut the f*** up.

Karma...can't wait till his leg is snapped off.

Maybe Hatem getting whacked from De Jong is karma for  the idiots that thought Guthrie whacking Fagan was great.

When the result of an unnecessary challenge is a broken leg, then there is no defence.

People like Zlatan should just shut the f*** up.

Karma...can't wait till his leg is snapped off.

Maybe Hatem getting whacked from De Jong is karma for  the idiots that thought Guthrie whacking Fagan was great.

Guthrie breaking Fagans leg was karma for Fagan being a cunt.