Hatem Ben Arfa

Guest sicko2ndbest

Guest sicko2ndbest

I hope everyone realises this is summer 2011 transfer funds btw.

If we get a decent striker this team is young enough to be better next year

It's not a negative spin ffs. :lol:

Just saying, this deal wasn't meant to happen until the summer (if it happened). We've brought it forward, so remember that in the summer. I would assume that we've used the earmarked money.

Just saying, this deal wasn't meant to happen until the summer (if it happened). We've brought it forward, so remember that in the summer. I would assume that we've used the earmarked money.

or ashley dug into his pocket and decided to give ben arfa as an apology to the fans for hughton sacking.............

nah not likely your probably right

It's a spin because you take the worst possible scenario and present it as fact. There was no guarantee first of all that we were gonna sign him at the end of the season, and even if there is nobody knows whether this is money taken from end season kitty or just Ashley deciding to be a bit more generous in January (without affecting the end of season funds)

It's a spin because you take the worst possible scenario and present it as fact. There was no guarantee first of all that we were gonna sign him at the end of the season, and even if there is nobody knows whether this is money taken from end season kitty or just Ashley deciding to be a bit more generous in January (without affecting the end of season funds)

:thup:

The money is either January money, Uncle Mike Surprise Gift or Already Earmarked Summer Money. 

The only bad scenario is the first one actually, because it means we've got less to work with to strengthen in this window. 

The 2nd scenario would be great but unlikely. 

The 3rd scenario is one that doesn't change anything anyway because the money was already spent.

By postulating it was the 3rd scenario I think Dave was trying to cheer us up actually.

:indi: :indi: :indi:

Class signing, not just because he is a good player but because i think he will improve other players in my opinion. He has the inteligence and movement to help Tiote when it seems no one is making themselves available and Carroll will be forced to up his game imo with some of the balls HBA will be playing for him.

The money is either January money, Uncle Mike Surprise Gift or Already Earmarked Summer Money. 

The only bad scenario is the first one actually, because it means we've got less to work with to strengthen in this window. 

The 3rd scenario is one that doesn't change anything anyway because the money was already spent.

By postulating it was the 3rd scenario I think Dave was trying to cheer us up actually.

Actually first scenario is not too bad provided we have a bit more money for a striker. If we had 10M to spend in January, think a lot of posters would want us to get HBA now and 5M for another striker rather than risk losing him after the loan ends.

Maybe I'm not being fair to Dave, it's just that I noticed a lot of his recent posts have been quite negative, just not used to that coz I usually find his posts interesting and think that he is generally an intelligent chap  :thup:

:snod:

I'm too lazy to search but i remember one guy having a breakdown over his pro-longed loan signing stating that Marseilles are treating us as fools - it was quite something, but this permanant deal was wrapped up particularly fast.  Absolutely great signing!

I'm too lazy to search but i remember one guy having a breakdown over his pro-longed loan signing stating that Marseilles are treating us as fools - it was quite something, but this permanant deal was wrapped up particularly fast.  Absolutely great signing!

Must have been Neesy. He was having breakdowns all over the place during the summer transfer window. :)