Hatem Ben Arfa

Guest sicko2ndbest

Hatem Ben Arfa - £5 million  :yikes:

James Milner - £27 million :lol:

Fantastic deal. As much as it pains me to say it hats off to Ashley, Llambias, Carr, Hughton, Pardew...basically everyone involved in this transfer from day one.

Farcical  :lol:

Hatem is exactly the type of player that we want here; a young international class player with his best years ahead of him. And now those years will be spent at St. James' Park."

Hopefully that's the same with Carroll.

Still holding back on this one. He's still a very, very temperamental player - hope that our coaching staff and players get the best out of him.

Incredibly excited though, he has the potential to become a legend at this club.

Fantastic deal. As much as it pains me to say it hats off to Ashley, Llambias, Carr, Hughton, Pardew...basically everyone involved in this transfer from day one.

This.

Still holding back on this one. He's still a very, very temperamental player - hope that our coaching staff and players get the best out of him.

Incredibly excited though, he has the potential to become a legend at this club.

This.

Let's not doubt for one minute he'll not spit his dummy out at some stage but let's enjoy the signing while we can. We've not made many of this calibre for a while.

I refuse to get too excited about that one. I know Ashley has something in his pocket to give us at least 3 disappointments after a good news.

The sale of Carroll? Actually, I'm going to keep my mouth shut.

Super, super signing. Just hope to god there is no plan to sell Carroll just because we've paid some money now.

I honestly can't see Carroll going now. Ben Arfa's advisors will almost certainly have wanted to know the club's intentions regarding the club's ambitions and future transfers etc before he signed. I'm not saying our regime are saints when it comes to telling the truth, but I can't see even they would tell Ben Arfa blatant lies then flog our best up and coming player just days later.

I'm no Ashley apologist, but they must have done well to convince Ben Arfa that the next 4.5 years of his career should be spent here.

You'd imagine Ben Arfa was given reassurances about the direction of the club for him to want to commit long-term, and I'm guessing telling him that he'll be playing with Carroll is one of the things that won it.

They forgot to mention it would be Roy Carroll not wor Andy.