Hatem Ben Arfa

Guest sicko2ndbest

Guest bmoregeordie

We're absolutely expecting too much. A return to form immediately is unlikely. I hope he is eased back, and provides us with an offensive spark at half or 60' in for the first few matches.

how much are 'we' expecting?  :lol:

well, judging by other threads, some expect him to lead us to three goals a match on the regular once he returns.

and newcastle fans in general tend to be the heartbroken types.

least i do.

Back in Toon for the Arsenal game so we can assess him.

this on top of the carroll info..........who you sleeping with dave ?

Alan Pardew.

well if it keeps pardew away from players wives/girlfriends i'm in favour. :thup:

On the expectation thing, yeah perhaps we're pinning our hopes a bit on this guy. But it's a weird transfer / situation, i can't remember one quite like it.

We've spent major cash in the past on star players, but HBA doesn't fall into that category. Yet he excited us fans as much as any signing in recent memory. I'm 34, a bit too old to have a "favourite player" but i genuinely want ben arfa to become a geordie legend. I can't explain why.

Maybe it's related to the circumstance he arrived at the club, i don't know. That said, this thread was about 200 pages long before he even landed at the airport. (the first time) Which shows how much we wanted him. Like i said, bizarre situation.

David Ginola

then

Laurent Robert

then

Hatem Ben Arfa

This is why everyone is so excited.

We're absolutely expecting too much. A return to form immediately is unlikely. I hope he is eased back, and provides us with an offensive spark at half or 60' in for the first few matches.

how much are 'we' expecting?  :lol:

well, judging by other threads, some expect him to lead us to three goals a match on the regular once he returns.

and newcastle fans in general tend to be the heartbroken types.

least i do.

The level of expectation isn't uncalled for, it's not like Shearer was right in saying he's a player few have heard of. He's proven on the European scene that he's good and a constant performer, of course we're excited about getting him back and have high expectations.

Guest jeffers09

His youtbe video hits have been massive since he's been here

must say ive watched them quite a few times myself    good inspiration before sunday league  :aww:

His youtbe video hits have been massive since he's been here

must say ive watched them quite a few times myself    good inspiration before sunday league  :aww:

Is it anything like when I watch pacman vids, get in the ring then realise how shit I am? :lol:

So what's the latest on when he'll be fit? Having not been to a game for ages I'll be at Fulham, Blackburn and Birmingham - any chance he'll be involved by the last of those?

He's in town for Arsenal to be assessed by us. We'll know more then.

So what's the latest on when he'll be fit? Having not been to a game for ages I'll be at Fulham, Blackburn and Birmingham - any chance he'll be involved by the last of those?

march was mooted in the media yesterday but we'll know more soon i'd think