Hatem Ben Arfa

Guest sicko2ndbest

I hope he keeps the 37 shirt next year. Cult hero stylee. Plus my two favourite other NUFC Frenchies had numbers in the thirties.

So do I, as I went and bought a shirt as soon as he signed a permanent deal.

The club bringing out a 37 t-shirt suggests he might.

He snapped his leg in half you know? He might not be the same player.  :no:

Clean break, it should be absolutely no doubt he will be the same player bar any psychological blocks. Given his ego I doubt we'll see that, though.

Exactly. There's a big difference between HBA's break and those of Smith and Eduardo. HBA's bones were broken at the middle of the leg. Smith and Eduardo's bones broke down at the ancle. That fucks up both the ancle and the leg. When a broken bone heals, cartilage is attached to it. This extra cartilage makes the area around the fracture stronger than it was before it got broken. This apply for HBA's case. But for Smith and Eduardo, the same cartilage causes them problems: Since the bones snapped down at the ankle, the cartilage that grows on the bone, hinders the ankle's flexibility. In other words, the ankle will never be the same again. Also I think Smith and Eduardo snapped some tendons too, making the injury even worse. And as we've seen, both those players never fully recovered. 

So all that's left for HBA is to fix the mental part. But seriously, I want him rested against the most physical teams. The man has such an acceleration that brutes are probably going to miss the tackle completely and take his leg. And yes, I want him rested the next match against City. If De Jong performs such an act once again, I will FUBAR him.

He snapped his leg in half you know? He might not be the same player.  :no:

Clean break, it should be absolutely no doubt he will be the same player bar any psychological blocks. Given his ego I doubt we'll see that, though.

Exactly. There's a big difference between HBA's break and those of Smith and Eduardo. HBA's bones were broken at the middle of the leg. Smith and Eduardo's bones broke down at the ancle. That f***s up both the ancle and the leg. When a broken bone heals, cartilage is attached to it. This extra cartilage makes the area around the fracture stronger than it was before it got broken. This apply for HBA's case. But for Smith and Eduardo, the same cartilage causes them problems: Since the bones snapped down at the ankle, the cartilage that grows on the bone, hinders the ankle's flexibility. In other words, the ankle will never be the same again. Also I think Smith and Eduardo snapped some tendons too, making the injury even worse. And as we've seen, both those players never fully recovered. 

So all that's left for HBA is to fix the mental part. But seriously, I want him rested against the most physical teams. The man has such an acceleration that brutes are probably going to miss the tackle completely and take his leg. And yes, I want him rested the next match against City. If De Jong performs such an act once again, I will FUBAR him.

Actually I think Eduardo's issues were more mental than anything. You could see him never fully commiting himself again.