Hatem Ben Arfa

Guest sicko2ndbest

So difficult not to get stupidly over-excited. I hope it's not a detriment to him, when he doesn't lash in another 30-yarder in his first game back. :lol:

£35m to add to Ben Arfa, Tiote, Colo, Barton and Jose. :fwap:

I still cannot believe that we've managed to sign a player of such magnitude...I remember I had almost a surreal sensation when I watched him running around in a NUFC-shirt, having fun with Everton..  :smitten:

I still cannot believe that we've managed to sign a player of such magnitude...I remember I had almost a surreal sensation when I watched him running around in a NUFC-shirt, having fun with Everton..

:dowie:

On the subject of players recovering from broken legs, it was encouraging to see Zamora yesterday. He looked half a stone lighter.

Not that Ben Arfa needed to lose weight, but these long-lay offs can give a player an opportunity to work on other aspects of their fitness.

AF5851 10:55 PARIS CDG

Next flight in from France people get down there now!!!!!!!!!

According to thesundaysun he's at the base already. From yesterdays article:

"When Ben Arfa checks into United’s Benton training base tomorrow morning at 9am, it will be the beginning of the end of his tortuous six-month rehabilitation process."

If only there were subtitles.

Mimi sums it pretty much up in her posts:

http://www.newcastle-online.org/nufcforum/index.php/topic,70504.msg2889277.html#msg2889277

http://www.newcastle-online.org/nufcforum/index.php/topic,70504.msg2889359.html#msg2889359

Just add to that: He says a little more about De Jong in that he finds it silly that it wasn't even a foul at the time. And that if he wasn't punished in the aftermath then he has no incentive to not do it again.

That being a #10 is his preferred position but it carries more responsibilities, he's often been asked by coaches to play on either wing and has adapted.

Since the injury happened: it was a shock, a brutal stoppage. He had to look ahead and even consider what his life would be like if his career had ended, and when his career will end.

He was able to live a little more discretely being out of the spotlight, got closer to friends and family and gave him a chance to travel too. He feels it has done a lot of good, and only time will tell, but a lot of good might come from it.

He was in Paris until at least 9 last night, will he be there today really?

It was said yesterday that he was returning to Newcastle today and will be at the training ground tomorrow.