Hatem Ben Arfa

Guest sicko2ndbest

Saw a couple of French sounding blokes outside of the training ground with a camera on my way back from work earlier on, thought it was SSN til I heard them speak. Were possibly there to speak to Ben Arfa.

One of the local journos said that there was a lot of French media there because of Ben Arfa. 

Can someone, who watch the highlights, tell me if HBA get tackled in the Forest game please ?

And did he seem to have lost his pace/quickness with the ball ?

In the highlights on our official page, he doesn't receive a heavy tackle. He only features in three short clips though, so it's hardly anything to go by.

His run in the second half to set up Lövenkrands proved that he's still got that quickness. Goes from jogging to full speed in a couple of steps, really impressive.

Thanks. I feared he lost some pace. Because before his injury he was very quick with the ball on his feet and had a very good acceleration...

Ah, and i heard he wanted to take the penalty on Tuesday but Lovenkrands didn't let him... it proves that he wants to score quickly and to take up with Newcastle fans again.

Hope we'll see him on Saturday (behind Ba hopefully) !

You can see on the highlights he walks up to Lovenkrands and almost tries to take the ball from him  :lol: little Pete was having none of it!

Guest BEN BEN BEN ARFA

Saw a couple of French sounding blokes outside of the training ground with a camera on my way back from work earlier on, thought it was SSN til I heard them speak. Were possibly there to speak to Ben Arfa.

One of the local journos said that there was a lot of French media there because of Ben Arfa. 

In France everyone looks forward to his return.

especially the national coach.

and even his critics

Guest Dontooner

Watched Chelsea and Fulham yesterday, and was shocked to see a player that plays in the mold of our own Ben Afra.... Lol just moves a bit like him.

Moussa Dembele from fulham.

The same Dembele who has scored 3 league goals for Fulham since joining last summer?

He's alright, not seen much from him in this league to suggest he's going to be anything more.

I thought he looked really classy up here against us a few weeks ago, but as you say his goal record doesn't exactly blow you away. He certainly appears to have ability, though.

The same Dembele who has scored 3 league goals for Fulham since joining last summer?

He's alright, not seen much from him in this league to suggest he's going to be anything more.

I thought he looked really classy up here against us a few weeks ago, but as you say his goal record doesn't exactly blow you away. He certainly appears to have ability, though.

I mean, I'm not saying he's not that good purely because of his stats, but you would expect someone who's been playing up front and had a fair amount of game time to get more than 3 goals in 25ish games.

I mean, I'm not saying he's not that good purely because of his stats, but you would expect someone who's been playing up front and had a fair amount of game time to get more than 3 goals in 25ish games.

:thup: Totally fair point, although I don't think he's ever been prolific. He's never really kicked on for them after a very promising start, but he might be one of those who gets a move to a team who plays more to his strengths and really kicks on. Might be one who just vanishes off the radar as well, of course.

No idea what his attitude is like, etc. but the lad can definitely play a bit.

He's seemed more of a support striker to me. Very interesting player.

Aye, definitely doesn't seem an out-and-out striker. He was drifting about all over at SJP and looked really comfortable/inventive.

http://www.talksport.co.uk/sports-news/football/premier-league/1127/48/exclusive-ginola-ben-arfa-has-got-everything-be-one-best

David Ginola has tipped Hatem Ben Arfa to prove himself one of the best players in the Premier League after fully recovering from his horrific injury.

Ben Arfa made a promising start to his Newcastle career after arriving from Marseille last summer before suffering a double leg fracture against Manchester City in October.

The 24-year-old made his long-awaited return for the Magpies in the Carling Cup clash with Nottingham Forest on Tuesday night and impressed in his 70 minute runout.

Ginola has now backed his fellow Frenchman to light up the Premier League and help his side continue their unbeaten run.

The former Toon star told Hawksbee and Jacobs: "When I saw Ben Arfa signing for Newcastle United, I said ‘well this is a good signing’. I thought the hardest thing for him would be to settle down in Newcastle.

“But there is no doubt he is very talented. He has got everyting to be one of the best players in the country. He was badly injured last year but he will recover from that.

"Newcastle are fourth in the league right now and Ben Arfa will be a very big asset for the club in the future."

I mean, I'm not saying he's not that good purely because of his stats, but you would expect someone who's been playing up front and had a fair amount of game time to get more than 3  in 25ish games.

I never really considered him a goal scorer since he's been at Fulham, always played a more creative role.

Guest mimifrench

http://www.talksport.co.uk/sports-news/football/premier-league/1127/48/exclusive-ginola-ben-arfa-has-got-everything-be-one-best

David Ginola has tipped Hatem Ben Arfa to prove himself one of the best players in the Premier League after fully recovering from his horrific injury.

Ben Arfa made a promising start to his Newcastle career after arriving from Marseille last summer before suffering a double leg fracture against Manchester City in October.

The 24-year-old made his long-awaited return for the Magpies in the Carling Cup clash with Nottingham Forest on Tuesday night and impressed in his 70 minute runout.

Ginola has now backed his fellow Frenchman to light up the Premier League and help his side continue their unbeaten run.

The former Toon star told Hawksbee and Jacobs: "When I saw Ben Arfa signing for Newcastle United, I said ‘well this is a good signing’. I thought the hardest thing for him would be to settle down in Newcastle.

“But there is no doubt he is very talented. He has got everyting to be one of the best players in the country. He was badly injured last year but he will recover from that.

"Newcastle are fourth in the league right now and Ben Arfa will be a very big asset for the club in the future."

:thup:

Been wondering for a while now how all the 'pundits' who predicted a near-relegation battle for us this season will turn their stories round as we (hopefully) continue in the top half of the table.

Guest Haris Vuckic

To be fair we've been quite lucky & we could still enter a relegation battle?

Were pundits having educated guesses or were they guessing with spite?

Been wondering for a while now how all the 'pundits' who predicted a near-relegation battle for us this season will turn their stories round as we (hopefully) continue in the top half of the table.

most pundits I've heard just praising Pardew when asked about the start, most of them seem to have a fair bit of time for him

I would say it was mostly 'uneducated' guesses, such as 'Not a lot is known about (insert foreign name here)' combined with 'But, but, they've sold Nolan'.

A couple may have been tinged with prejudice.

most pundits I've heard just praising Pardew when asked about the start, most of them seem to have a fair bit of time for him

I'm talking about pre-season predictions mainly.

I would say it was mostly 'uneducated' guesses, such as 'Not a lot is known about (insert foreign name here)' combined with 'But, but, they've sold Nolan'.

A couple may have been tinged with prejudice.

Sounds about right.

Guest Dontooner

He's seemed more of a support striker to me. Very interesting player.

Thats what i thought of Ryan Luiz as well....

Martin is constructing a good team skillful players..

Would have loved Jol to manage us , his team always play some Canny footy