Hatem Ben Arfa

Guest sicko2ndbest

He also said that having given some fringe players a start yesterday, he now had a squad of 22 players who were feeling good about themselves when they come in to training. Highlighted how important bench strength was as a few games have been won by making changes this season already. Both good points I thought.

He basicaly just highlighted him amongst Marv, Abeid, Sammy, Obertan and Guthrie as good individual performances, and said the stand out moment of the game was when Ben Arfa burst through a few players with "ferocious pace".

Ah ok, cheers. Hoping to see him on Saturday like for my first live game of the season! Good to hear that he still has his pace, means he can hopefully come back the same player and won't have to adapt his game, which was a bit of a worry.

Hello

Congratulations on your victory.

it's good to see Ben Arfa and Marveaux back.

you have a strong team but lacked a point guard play and players who can dribble.

I have trouble with Jonas, Marveaux will be better on the left side.

Obertand right and Best in attack.

Ben Arfa as a leader will enjoy with these three there before him.

He gets along well with players who are technical and not personal. it's going to play very fast. Best will love all the opportunities.

with Cabaye and Tiote as collector just behind Ben Arfa, allow this one to play more freely. if he loses the ball because he knows that two players can help him get the ball.

defense, Colo is top, with Taylor's going to be more solid santon to be one that reduces the risk because it goes up a lot and is good with the ball;

it takes a month or two and when the players know well you will be in the top 6

Guest Rey Mysterio

Couldn't have asked for any more last night. After a very quiet opening 15, he came deep looking for the ball and got all our attacks moving. The ease in which he can just glide past any player he wishes at any time is special to watch. His range and accuracy of passing was so impressive, you wouldn't have guessed for one minute he'd not played in nearly a year.

Also, I caught one of his shots in the warm up  :smitten:

Looked great on the ball last night, oozed flair and confidence. He put a hard tackle in at one stage and came out with the ball to show he is not fazed by the physical side. I particularly noticed how he was pointing and directing the game even when not in posession which shows his total absorbtion and commitment to the play.

He needs to start on Saturday, Pardew has a nice problem on his hands now picking his best 11.

Looked great on the ball last night, oozed flair and confidence. He put a hard tackle in at one stage and came out with the ball to show he is not fazed by the physical side. I particularly noticed how he was pointing and directing the game even when not in posession which shows his total absorbtion and commitment to the play.

He needs to start on Saturday, Pardew has a nice problem on his hands now picking his best 11.

That's good to hear :thup:

He also said that having given some fringe players a start yesterday, he now had a squad of 22 players who were feeling good about themselves when they come in to training. Highlighted how important bench strength was as a few games have been won by making changes this season already. Both good points I thought.

It also occurred to me that the departure of some of the big names like Nolan and Barton might have led to a more 'equal' dressing room in a way. Maybe now we have a dressing room of players who are all part of the team, rather than any special cases.

Guest Pedro_de_geordieo

Interesting to read that there was a large number of French media and press at the forest game last night.

I wonder if they watched it live, can't believe there was 7 goals and no TV.

Interesting to read that there was a large number of French media and press at the forest game last night.

I'm working in France at the minute and we're getting some really good media coverage. It's a cliche already but we're sort of being seen as the 'new Arsneal' in terms of our recruitment strategies. The following is growing as well as we've had a good start to the season.

Guest BEN BEN BEN ARFA

For his first competitive match after more than eleven-month absence following his double fractured tibia and fibula, Hatem Ben Arfa played seventy minutes yesterday with Newcastle victory at Nottingham Forest (4-3) in third round the English League Cup.

Tell us about the return ...

Hatem Ben Arfa. It was really long I expected that. I thought of nothing else all day. I counted the hours until kickoff of the game. I had one year hassle and get back on land is a great feeling. Find the group and putting green was a special moment. I missed the competition too. Back like that fills me with happiness. I saw.

What were your feelings?

Very good. I'm in a position of No. 10 I like where I have a lot of freedom. I tried to do the maximum in the 1st half to try to create the game and lags. At halftime, the coach told me to play above to exploit the spaces in their defense. It was planned that way to me after seventy minutes. I wanted to hit the penalty that we had in the second half. I asked Lovenkrands, but he insisted the shooting.

How do you see next?

I have no pain, nothing at all. Now it's the coach to make his choice. I think he will be fit in gradually. I feel ready to play every game. It itches. I want to get our stadium St James' Park, our supporters. I was very touched by their support throughout the year and tonight (yesterday) again. I want to go into the field to power 1000 they brought me outside.

http://www.leparisien.fr/sports/hatem-ben-arfa-je-revis-21-09-2011-1617921.php

Lover may well be a poor/average striker, but all his penalties for us have been superb.  A bit like big Shola really  :lol: when either of them take a penalty, I'm hardly even nervous anymore  :smug:

Even if it's Shola taking one, I'm still as nervous as ever when it comes to penalties!

Hello

Congratulations on your victory.

it's good to see Ben Arfa and Marveaux back.

you have a strong team but lacked a point guard play and players who can dribble.

I have trouble with Jonas, Marveaux will be better on the left side.

Obertand right and Best in attack.

Ben Arfa as a leader will enjoy with these three there before him.

He gets along well with players who are technical and not personal. it's going to play very fast. Best will love all the opportunities.

with Cabaye and Tiote as collector just behind Ben Arfa, allow this one to play more freely. if he loses the ball because he knows that two players can help him get the ball.

defense, Colo is top, with Taylor's going to be more solid santon to be one that reduces the risk because it goes up a lot and is good with the ball;

it takes a month or two and when the players know well you will be in the top 6

Big fan of you Tunisia. Your positivity and optimism for the future is to be admired

Smashing run for the Lovenkrands chance, reminiscent of the one he set up for Carroll against Everton with an equally shit attempt at a finish. Just glided through the middle of the park.

You very rarely see a player burst through the middle like that, most wide players are excellent at dribbling in space but get them in tight situations at high speed, they turn to crud. He's so wasted out wide imo, takes a lot of the dager out of his game, really glad Pards sees him as a number 10.

Guest mimifrench

Smashing run for the Lovenkrands chance, reminiscent of the one he set up for Carroll against Everton with an equally s*** attempt at a finish. Just glided through the middle of the park.

You very rarely see a player burst through the middle like that, most wide players are excellent at dribbling in space but get them in tight situations at high speed, they turn to crud. He's so wasted out wide imo, takes a lot of the dager out of his game, really glad Pards sees him as a number 10.

Do you know where we can watch this action please ?

Smashing run for the Lovenkrands chance, reminiscent of the one he set up for Carroll against Everton with an equally s*** attempt at a finish. Just glided through the middle of the park.

Do you know where we can watch this action please ?

Official site, you'll have to pay i'm afraid.

Unless you wait a couple of hours, it's on an English show tonight and will most likely be put through one of the regular sports video sites later on.