Hatem Ben Arfa

Guest sicko2ndbest

Great comments. Even better when you consider it was his first competitive game for almost a year and he didn't have anything like our strongest team in and around him.

Sticking him ahead of Cabaye and Tiote is a mouthwatering prospect for me, even better if Best keeps this form going and Marveaux continues to impress as well.

If you consider that as five of our "best" front six and then think the other one comes from Ba/Jonas/Obertan things look rather rosy indeed. That's not even mentioning the emergence of Abeid, Ferguson, Sammy and Vuckic.

i'd be massively optimistic about the future of the club if i had any faith whatsoever MA would build on what we have now or at the very least not sell it out from under us every time the fucking window opens :(

still, not the right thread for that i guess

I'm still 50/50 with him. 50% delighted to see him playing but at the same time 50% shitting myself in case some thug tries to take his leg off again.

Really positive photo IMO. When he was going back to France all the time I always worried that he wasn't getting too involved with the rest of the team and the club. Good to see him happy and hyped that we've scored.

So true. There's no such thing as Hatem Ben Arfa being too enthusiastic.

I'm still 50/50 with him. 50% delighted to see him playing but at the same time 50% shitting myself in case some thug tries to take his leg off again.

33.3% delighted, 33.3% worried he'll get smashed by some thug, 33.3% dreading the the summer, when he'll probably be sold by MA.

Dean Kiely seemed to like him anyway, said it always looked like something was about to happen when he was on the ball.  The other commentator was such a weapon I stopped paying attention to him, think he liked him as well though  :lol:

Anyone think he'll be on the bench Saturday?  Got a feeling he won't be and will be eased in slowly like Gosling, hope I'm wrong mind.

I can confirm Ben Arfa is still quick as hell! I wouldn't say lightning quick going on todays showing, but there was one moment when he set up Lovenkrands for a tame shot when he did one of his bursts of pace with close control and left the defenders in his wake... promising signs indeed!

Cheers, good to hear that his injury doesn't seem to have robbed him of his pace. We should start him on Saturday, I reckon he'll tear Blackburn a new one.

If I have to read another "X player is great, but will be sold in the summer" !!!

Only the Nolan, and possibly Barton could have been avoided.

Nobody would keep Carrol for the money. Enrique was in last year of contract, and even if he wasnt, would probably have left if Liverpool came in for him.

Covering such old ground, but numnuts on here have to drop that stupid comment in constantly. Its getting so old now.... move on!

33.3% delighted, 33.3% worried he'll get smashed by some thug, 33.3% dreading the the summer, when he'll probably be sold by MA.

Dean Kiely seemed to like him anyway, said it always looked like something was about to happen when he was on the ball.  The other commentator was such a weapon I stopped paying attention to him, think he liked him as well though  :lol:

Anyone think he'll be on the bench Saturday?  Got a feeling he won't be and will be eased in slowly like Gosling, hope I'm wrong mind.

I think it's fair to assume he won't be anywhere near to seeing out his contract so it's best to just enjoy his time here however long that ends up being

I think it's fair to assume he won't be anywhere near to seeing out his contract so it's best to just enjoy his time here however long that ends up being

I said that when we got him on loan, still going to be hard to take when/if he leaves. 

"I counted the hours before kick-off on Wednesday," Ben Arfa told Le Parisien.

"I really endured a difficult year last year and being back on the pitch is a wonderful feeling. I missed competition so much. I am living again!

"I have no more pain, absolutely nothing.

"Now it is up to the coach to make his choices. I believe may be he will incorporate me step by step.

"I feel ready to play each match. I am dying to play."

If I have to read another "X player is great, but will be sold in the summer" !!!

Only the Nolan, and possibly Barton could have been avoided.

Nobody would keep Carrol for the money. Enrique was in last year of contract, and even if he wasnt, would probably have left if Liverpool came in for him.

Covering such old ground, but numnuts on here have to drop that stupid comment in constantly. Its getting so old now.... move on!

Collocini

Hatem looks exactly like he does in those photos with Nolan and Tiote when they were sporting the new kit on the official site. It's an identical pose.

They've already sold him. It's all an attempt at a cunning ruse :frantic: