Who should partner Campbell this season? OLD THREAD ALERT

Dave
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

I'm assuming it will be Coloccini whilst Taylor is out, but who should partner Campbell after that?

This is also assuming Campbell will be our first choice centre-half like...

Guest BlacknWhiteArmy

Think all 3 of Williamson, Colo & Taylor have potential to do well.

No solid reason to put any above the other at this point.

Aye

Williamson looked solid and read the game well, but his lack of pace may be a bit of a problem, however neither Taylor or Coloccini are fast either.

Colo, for me.

Although I'll be disappointed if Williamson doesn't get a look in- I thought he was very impressive last season, despite it being in the Championship. The only thing about our backline (bar Jose and maybe Simpson) is that there is a distinct lack of pace there whoever plays.

Williamson is the slowest of the three and the weakest by a distance on the deck. He's a good squad player, but shouldn't really be in contention for a place in the starting Xl with everyone fit.

Williamson is the slowest of the three and the weakest by a distance on the deck. He's a good squad player, but shouldn't really be in contention for a place in the starting Xl with everyone fit.

:thup:

Colo, for me.

Although I'll be disappointed if Williamson doesn't get a look in- I thought he was very impressive last season, despite it being in the Championship. The only thing about our backline (bar Jose and maybe Simpson) is that there is a distinct lack of pace there whoever plays.

What defences do have a load of pace? - Vidic and Ferdinand don't, Terry and Carvalho don't, Carragher and Skrtel/Agger don't, Dawson and King don't etc etc.

Pace isn't particularly important its reading of the game you need as centre half.

whoever is on form plays.  :snod:

Well duh. :lol: :blush:

Okay then, who do you think would make the best partnership overall?

:lol:

I kinda like the Taylor Campbell Colo option. Anything that will get Simpson out of the team. :thup:

Colo, for me.

We signed him when in the championship, so people now relate him with that level. Regardless of the fact that he outperformed colo when he came in & controlled our defence far better, was better in the air etc

Taylor's not a RB, and being forced in to that position would certainly see us losing him for free next summer. Hopefully Hughton isn't that idiotic.

Colo has a lot to prove, he'd have to up his game 3 or 4 times the level he gave us in his debut season to be an average premiership defender, he at least doubled it last season, so there's hope.

Taylor though has done a lot better at this level for longer, and with a decent partner beside him and a much needed mentor I believe it will bring him on massively. If he wasn't injured it would have to be Taylor for me.

But you can't ignore the injury imo, and its going to keep him out for a while and then he needs to get up to speed with games, Taylor could find himself fazed out if Colo finds it in him to be a premiership quality player, I know its a big IF, but he's got a better chance this time round.

Also Williamson hasn't put a foot wrong, people say he's unproven at this level, well its better than Colo who's been proven not to be able to cope.

Taylor's not a RB, and being forced in to that position would certainly see us losing him for free next summer. Hopefully Hughton isn't that idiotic.

Colo has a lot to prove, he'd have to up his game 3 or 4 times the level he gave us in his debut season to be an average premiership defender, he at least doubled it last season, so there's hope.

Taylor though has done a lot better at this level for longer, and with a decent partner beside him and a much needed mentor I believe it will bring him on massively. If he wasn't injured it would have to be Taylor for me.

But you can't ignore the injury imo, and its going to keep him out for a while and then he needs to get up to speed with games, Taylor could find himself fazed out if Colo finds it in him to be a premiership quality player, I know its a big IF, but he's got a better chance this time round.

Also Williamson hasn't put a foot wrong, people say he's unproven at this level, well its better than Colo who's been proven not to be able to cope.

:idiot2: :colo:

Guest prestonj1989

Coloccini, Taylor to right back when fit assuming we don't sign another right back (can't see that happening).

Definitely this.