Manchester Utd 3 - 0 Newcastle Utd - 16/08/10 - post match reaction from page 36

Dave

nevermind lads, after calming down, think we need to be realistic, just look at their team compared to ours. jesus.

:kinnear:

It's still depressing that none of our players can't get anywhere near Scholes, and he's now 500 years old.

Promising in the fact we weren't annihilated. Clearly a case of being beaten by a vastly superior team. A hammering would have dented the confidence from the word go, so even though 3-0's disappointing, in some respects i'm relieved.

We're still aching for more firepower, though. The bench didn't bare looking at.

Old news now i would imagine, but where were Guthrie and Lovenkrands?

Guest VegasToon

ManUSA will beat most if not all of the teams at Old Trafford this year.  Don't care about the result.  We just need to make sure we keep improving. 

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

nevermind lads, after calming down, think we need to be realistic, just look at their team compared to ours. jesus.

:kinnear:

It's still depressing that none of our players can't get anywhere near Scholes, and he's now 500 years old.

He's aged 400 years over 90minutes, I love it!  :mackems:

All in all it was a decent enough performance, and if we could string two passes together we'd might have gotten the scoreline even more respectable. The season starts next Sunday tbh, and hopefully we'll have taken something from this game and work on the counters.

positives carroll worked his socks off

smith did okay at what he was supposed to do

williamson did well for someone with 0 prem experience

perch, did alright

negatives

enrique was shit

nolan did nowt

harper

soft nature of 1st and 2nd goals

Comfortable for man u, but we didn't embarrass ourselves. Can't believe they still sing about Shearer, still bitter 15 years later. Half hearted cheer in The Centurion when the league table came up and showed us 4th bottom :lol:

Promising in the fact we weren't annihilated. Clearly a case of being beaten by a vastly superior team. A hammering would have dented the confidence from the word, so even though 3-0's disappointing, in some respects i'm relieved.

We're still aching for more firepower, though. The bench didn't bare looking at.

Old news now i would imagine, but where were Guthrie and Lovenkrands?

The scoreline is not showing a Chelsea wipeout but we were annihilated.

BBC Radio 5 live's Robbie Savage: "I said it would be a harsh introduction to Premier League football for Newcastle and it was. They've got a lot of the same players they had last season and it's not good enough, I think they're gonna struggle. Man Utd were fantastic, on the other hand."

Not sure where this fantastic Man U was at.

Guest fraser

Williamson and Coloccini look as though they can deal with our competitors; Jose probably; Perch possibly. Interested in seeing how we play at home against a team outside the top four next Sunday

There was definitely something about Newcastle tonight. Kept playing till the end (apart from that blob of Nolan thingy that was out there) and didn't fold completely or start lashing out and getting stupid red cards etc. Idon't feel embarrassed by the overall performance.

Big plus from tonight was Andy Carroll. That guy is definitely ready for that number 9 shirt. Showed a lot of heart tonight. I think he'll get at least 12 this season.

Well I thought it was going to be worse, both in terms of the result and the performance.

Carroll did very well, particularly in helping the defence at set pieces. All he needs is that bit of composure. He had three very good chances to score with headers but tried to burst the net and put them wide.

He wasn't our worst player by any means, but I was disappointed with Barton, because he can do better. He seemed to be carried away with the occasion, determined to show what he could do. He made some silly decisions in possession.

Nolan was thoroughly exposed. He carries no threat to that level of opposition.

Positives:

Our heads didn't go down.

Williamson looked the part for large periods of the game.

Carroll grafted his bollocks off.

We looked much better going 4-4-2.

Negatives:

Colo still looks unconvincing.

Individual mistakes at the back.

As captain Nolan is a guaranteed starter.

End prduct in the final third.