Newcastle United v Aston Villa (the season starts here, maybe)

Ishmael

As opposed to ourselves, who will of course remain sombre, reflective and respectable at FT come May when we send WBA down :lol:

Well I started to type this sort of response than.. well thought you know what.. some would aye but not as far as Villa went with us.

It's more the fact people treating it as if there is some sort of rivalry, when really it was just because we happened to be there and happened to be relegated. They probably haven't given us a second thought since, and we should be the same.

As opposed to ourselves, who will of course remain sombre, reflective and respectable at FT come May when we send WBA down :lol:

It is UNLIKELY, not impossible, but unlikely that there will be fuckloads of songs sung during the game referring to their relegation, 3-4 banners taking the piss and some of our fans staying 10-15 mins after the game gloating.

Young will probably play behind Carew (assuming Gabby unfit still).

Cuellar is probably going to be fit, so I would suspect:

Friedel

Luke Young

Cuellar

Dunne

Warnock

Albrighton

Ireland

Petrov

Downing

Young

Carew

Looks a bit lightweight in the middle, mind.

Lots of players left at home for tomorrow's trip to Vienna, mind, which suggests where our priorities are. I don't know why we bother, really, but hey ho.

No Cuellar, Luke Young, Carew, Gabby, Dunne, or Petrov

This fixture always seems to get played on a weekday evening or a f***ing lunchtime. Annoying.

I will probably have a few quid on Albrighton to score the first goal.

Youth Hughton, youth, give them some games!

Not many good enough unfortunately, or too young at this stage. Only Vuckic is currently worth looking at in midfield. Can you imagine ANY of them coming on and making the impact Albrighton did for Villa...?

If a youngster is good enough, he'll be given his chance. Or at least it should be the case that if you're good enough, it doesn't matter about your age.

Don't go for youth just because they're young.

How long before kick-off do the players arrive the stadium?

Are you wanting autographs?

not really, but im going with a friend who has never been to a football match in England so i was thinking that we should watch the players arrive ect. if i want autographs they wont do that before the match right?

Albrighton is from where i live in Tamworth (Mids). He was watching the England games in the same bar as me, amazing how small he is. I couldnt believe he was a footballer, alot of lads that went to school with him knew he was class from around 12 years old. Nice guy apparantley too, Hope he has a shocker sunday though!

It is UNLIKELY, not impossible, but unlikely that there will be fuckloads of songs sung during the game referring to their relegation, 3-4 banners taking the piss and some of our fans staying 10-15 mins after the game gloating.

I think you'll find the reason they stayed back at the end of the game was more to do with the lap of honour, what with it being last game of the season, that to gloat, mate.

It's more the fact people treating it as if there is some sort of rivalry, when really it was just because we happened to be there and happened to be relegated. They probably haven't given us a second thought since, and we should be the same.

As I said at the time, the time to worry is when you get relegated and nobody bats an eyelid.

To suggest there is some sort of niggly rivalry is a bit daft, to be honest.

Well I started to type this sort of response than.. well thought you know what.. some would aye but not as far as Villa went with us.

When you say "as far as Villa went with us", you're referring to two banners, so two people, plus the usual gloating you'd have got at every single other ground in the league, had it happened there?

Personally, I think banner making is a bit smalltime, but then again, I think overreacting to it is a bit smalltime as well. Shit happens, what's the point remaining bitter about it?

I think you'll find the reason they stayed back at the end of the game was more to do with the lap of honour, what with it being last game of the season, that to gloat, mate.

Maybe i'm remembering it wrong but i thought there were a fair few songs coming our direction, the villa fans close to the away end really were gloating.