Cheick Tioté (1986-2017)

madras

I refuse to believe you missed that. It was amazing.

I watched the game yesterday on my computer and being hungover and tired like fuck, I will admit to my eyes shutting down a few times during both halves.

The only thing that worries me about him is he has a very limited range of passing. I've yet to really see him even try to hit a pass more than 10 yards.

Don't get me wrong, I echo what everyone else says about him being a very good player and a bargain at the price, but I don't think he's got much creativity in his locker.

And yes, I know he's not been brought in to ping 70 yard balls across field, I just think it'd make him an even better player if he had a wider range of passing.

I understand what you are saying but we dont need him to do that, win the ball play it simple and easy.  Keep the midfeild ticking over and offering protection.

The last thing i would want from him is attempting long passes, the ball going out of play and us losing possession.  Its not what we need.

For passing we have Barton, Routledge, Jonas, Nolan(?), Enrique and Simpons when they join the attacks.

The only thing that worries me about him is he has a very limited range of passing. I've yet to really see him even try to hit a pass more than 10 yards.

Don't get me wrong, I echo what everyone else says about him being a very good player and a bargain at the price, but I don't think he's got much creativity in his locker.

And yes, I know he's not been brought in to ping 70 yard balls across field, I just think it'd make him an even better player if he had a wider range of passing.

See where your coming from but he was never brought in to do passes like that he is just a great grafter and intelligent on the ball who doesnt panic under pressure.

Just bought a new pair of shoes, really comfy and get my feet dry. Just a bit worried that they won't clean my carpet for me :undecided:

Just bought a new pair of shoes, really comfy and get my feet dry. Just a bit worried that they won't clean my carpet for me :undecided:

:lol:

To be honest I prefer that, he keeps things simple and maintains possesion.

I remember the crazy running thing, I was fully expecting him to bouce Obinna to the moon but that boy was a beast because he bounced Tiote.

Tiote is immense, a very important part of our team, hope his good form continues.

seems to always find a black and white shirt and as yet i've yet to see him make a bad choice in passing, probably lack of decent options rather than poor range of passing.

This is a big reason why England are the horrific team that they are. The likes of Gerrard, Barry and Lampard always looking to play the hollywood passes and giving away posession time and over again. Sounds to me like you are pining for Nicky Butt! Mental!

The best midfielders are those that play shorter forward passes and continuously move into space to receive the ball and look to do the same again. Watch Arsenal and Barcelona and the likes of Xavi, Iniesta, Fabregas, Nasri etc etc do it all day.

WHY DO YOU WANT NICKY BUTT TYPE PASSES FOR GOODNESS SAKE!!!

I take it that's Chris_R's final appearance on NO then? Not sure I've ever seen a post so convincingly shot down. Even in the days of NE5.

Good patter, occifer.

Just re-read the last page, you horrible bastards... Nee hearts!

Guest neesy111

I take it that's Chris_R's final appearance on NO then? Not sure I've ever seen a post so convincingly shot down. Even in the days of NE5.

ahhh, great days

They were.