Cheick Tioté (1986-2017)

madras

Didn't he sign for Spurs after his brother died and had a good season? Fair play though.

I think once Ben Arfa comes back Tiote will be a better player. I'm just pissed off with the ANC 2 years in a row, I'd rather just sell Tiote that watch Alan Smith cover for him for 4 or 5 games.

Guest sydneycove

Didn't he sign for Spurs after his brother died and had a good season? Fair play though.

I think once Ben Arfa comes back Tiote will be a better player. I'm just p*ssed off with the ANC 2 years in a row, I'd rather just sell Tiote that watch Alan Smith cover for him for 4 or 5 games.

The ACN was not on last year farken. By that I mean by the time they are on btw.

I think someone might have hit the nail on the head when the mentioned vocal support in the central positions and without it he's suffering a bit.

Got full faith he'll pull himself round mind, but he's having to do that himself and without support as Cabaye is also having to do the same thing for his self as well.

Shame the partnership isn't hitting it off straight away, but i reckon it will and it will probably help when HBA returns and gives something different in attack to what we have. Also i'd rather have Tiote protecting the back four with Cabaye in front of him, both seem to be in the same position in midfield when we play 442,  rather 451 with two in front of Tiote, especially when we've only really got two strikers worth playing.

Well, at least will no one will want to "turn his head" on this form. All part of PRdew's new strategy to keep our decent players.

Will benefit from a passing game, and more options to pass to around him, especially out wide IMO. All looking very congested just ahead of our own penalty area lately - mistakes bound to happen.

Spends the whole game chasing shadows and watching the ball sail over his head, totally overrun in the middle due to our s**** tactics and had no movement or out ball, had to just play one-two's with Cabaye.

He was s****, but these are a few reasons for his shitness last night, not been great in the other games either though  :hmm:

Also, teams seem to have wised up a bit against him.  I've noticed he gets pressured a lot more and players don't fall for his little fake and turn.  Happened about once a game last season, it's happening about 5 times a game at the minute!  His sloppy passing isn't helping either, but there were a few old school Tiote moments last night I thought.

Hope he gets back on form, and quick aswell. Tiote is one hell of a player to be up against looking at last season. Right now he's still better then Smith. But his passing and forward runs was abysmal last night. However tactics last night was more of 2 midfielders sitting deep in a thight pitch. Our wings aren't doing forward runs enough either and that needs sorting out. Our wingplay should be much better. At this point I really just want a traditional wing play to get things started. Run upfield with the ball and get the cross in.

I was thinking the same, he definitely looked trimmer last season.

Most probably a consequence of his farcical pre-season.

He was always going to come back a few clem heavier when the decision was made to send Derek Wright out there to train with him.

Aye, 'Should I really be eating this much Dekka?'

'Why not Cheick, look at me, it's done me no harm at all.'

I was thinking the same, he definitely looked trimmer last season.

Most probably a consequence of his farcical pre-season.

He was always going to come back a few clem heavier when the decision was made to send Derek Wright out there to train with him.

Aye, 'Should I really be eating this much Dekka?'

'Why not Cheick, look at me, it's done me no harm at all.'

"Shall we go out and do some shuttle runs?"

"Fuck that Cheick, I brought my X Box. Do they have a Burger King in this part of the world?"

I thought some of his timing on tackles was fine, his movement was a little off and his passing was very very poor. Can't see the passing continuing like that as it just seemed to be a lack of concentration. I'd be more worried if his tackles and reading of the game were falling through. Yes, the passing causes anxious moments but I only expect it to get better