Cheick Tioté (1986-2017)

madras

His style of play is always liable to lead to him been robbed of possession now and then, it was the same last season. This season has just been very sloppy so far.

I'm a bit worried that opposition managers may have sussed that out and instructed their teams to put him under pressure.

Last season, Pardew talked about getting Tiote to move into more forward positions. There wasn't much sign of that against QPR, but I just wonder whether Tiote's lost a bit of focus and confidence. He always looked very sure of himself before, and now he looks troubled.

His style of play is always liable to lead to him been robbed of possession now and then, it was the same last season. This season has just been very sloppy so far.

I'm a bit worried that opposition managers may have sussed that out and instructed their teams to put him under pressure.

teams did that last season too. i remember it happening as early the sunderland 5-1 match. difference was that he had a sharpness and a confidence to cope with being closed down early and could play his way out of trouble. he's always played to within an inch of fucking up, but got away with it most of the time because he was in peak condition. he seems overweight and sluggish at the moment, along with being unfocused. if he's not 100% he's a bit of a liability.

I've always been a fan of 4411. But against QPR of all teams their shape and movement was fantastic, they completely overan us with their 3 in center midfield to our 2, despite our players being better. So its made me realise there is actually alot of positives to a 433.

I've thought for a while this should be our line up:

Krul

Simpson  Taylor  Colo  Santon

Marveaux Cabaye  Tiote  Jonas

Ben Arfa

Ba/Best

However Maybe this has better merits to it:

Krul

Simpson  Taylor  Colo  Santon

Tiote

Cabaye          Marveaux

Jonas                                Sammy/Ben Arfa

Ba/Best

We certainly at the very least need to be able to revert to something similar to this if what happened at QPR happens again.

I can see what Pardew was thinking to an extent. Tiote and Cabaye are so good, we may get away with playing only two in the center and then he can play two up front. However their three man midfield totally dominated. Pardew knows and admitted its back to the drawing board as he needs three in midfield now.

If we went for a 433 it may bring the best out in alot of our players. Tiote sits there and breaks up everything he can. It allows the creative Cabaye and Marveaux to get forward picking passes to the quick breaking Ben Arfa (or Sammy when he's injured/rested) and Jonas on his right side which should improve his crossing. Jonas also gets back well to help out Simpson.

Ben arfa and sammy would score alot of goals and create from that position. Not sure who's better out of Ba and Best yet. Best can certainly do an okish job for us until we get someone better. Ba could possibly be better than Best, in this 433 kind of formation which may suit him much better. All he'd have to do is stay central and get on the end of the crosses/passes coming his way just like Jay Boothroyd luckily failled miserably doing against us.

When defending we are almost reverting to a 451. The hard working Jonas we already know will muck in there. Sammy and Ben Arfa may also be better than some think.

Good cover in places too with Gosling and Guthrie in midfield and Mehdi could cover either midfield or possibly the two forward wide areas with Obertan.

Shola shoulden't really get a look in in this hard working type of formation and would currently probably be third choice for the striker slot

I think players were scared of him last season because he looks scary like Mr T but have since realised he is just a big softy.

Alright flouncer?

Barton's shins might disagree with you on that one btw.

Just a thought on Tiote / Cabaye, if Pardew plans on using Ben Arfa in front of them in some sort of central attacking role, might it be worthwhile hoying Ba in that role just to see how things pan out? For all Gary Neville's crack about us being a settled unit, there seems like a long way to go for us yet to get some coherency to our midfield play.

For those talking ab

teams did that last season too. i remember it happening as early the sunderland 5-1 match. difference was that he had a sharpness and a confidence to cope with being closed down early and could play his way out of trouble. he's always played to within an inch of fucking up, but got away with it most of the time because he was in peak condition. he seems overweight and sluggish at the moment, along with being unfocused. if he's not 100% he's a bit of a liability.

He does look sluggish and slightly heavier than last season. A manager like Ferguson or Mourinho would never tolerate it, and that's one of the reasons why Man U always play a high tempo pass and move game, regardless of the team personnel. The problem we have at the moment is that Pardew can't even figure out a formation and style of play, so it's difficult to tell whether it's lack of fitness or just confusion with Tiote. It's a management issue and Pardew should be on top of it.

I think players were scared of him last season because he looks scary like Mr T but have since realised he is just a big softy.

Alright flouncer?

Barton's shins might disagree with you on that one btw.

Just a thought on Tiote / Cabaye, if Pardew plans on using Ben Arfa in front of them in some sort of central attacking role, might it be worthwhile hoying Ba in that role just to see how things pan out? For all Gary Neville's crack about us being a settled unit, there seems like a long way to go for us yet to get some coherency to our midfield play.

Aye canny  :lol: Its like home from home over here.

Rather than Ba in that role we should persist with Gosling until Ben Arfa is ready (Not that Im convinced we should have all our eggs in the ben arfa basket.

I think Ba would just end up wandering up top  rather than being that link between midfield and the striker.

He's started slowly and looked very average but he clearly had a shocking pre-season so it'll take time to get going. I think once the midfield (hopefully) finds some more fluidity merging with attack with the likes of Ben Arfa and Marveaux it should spread the play a bit and he could benefit from that. At the moment we don't seem to be able to mount any decisive moves or attacks from midfield and that probably isn't helping Tiote.

You don't become shit overnight, I'm not worried yet.

He's started slowly and looked very average but he clearly had a shocking pre-season so it'll take time to get going. I think once the midfield (hopefully) finds some more fluidity merging with attack with the likes of Ben Arfa and Marveaux it should spread the play a bit and he could benefit from that. At the moment we don't seem to be able to mount any decisive moves or attacks from midfield and that probably isn't helping Tiote.

You don't become s*** overnight, I'm not worried yet.

Luque and Torres would suggest otherwise. But I'm with you, Tioté needs a few more weeks and he'll be eating midfields as usual again.

Would love to see Tiote, Martins and Sammy Ameobi lined up beside each other.

http://img101.imageshack.us/img101/6228/61533526060620e1ee86z.jpghttp://img593.imageshack.us/img593/3852/article004b243fa000005d.jpghttp://img835.imageshack.us/img835/5834/50f9g6.jpg

:laugh: