Cheick Tioté (1986-2017)

madras

Like Tiote would fit in at Man U, man. He's the opposite to what they need in the centre of the park.

I disagree. They were opened up in Europe when teams were prepared to have a go at them. They need an enforcer.

Guest elbee909

"The idea that we'd even be inquiring about Tiote is the most disturbing thing."

Obviously the red cunt wasn't watching when Tiote was raping the Man Utd team one after one last season.

Yeah, they don't need Tiote, just keep lowering Scholes into the Lazarus Pit or tie him to one of the other players so he looks alive.  Weekend at Scholesy's.

If it's true and Ferguson has in fact been twisting about how much the 'lesser' clubs are demanding for their best players he can quite simply do one.  Does he expect us all just to lay down and surrender for him ffs.  My suggestion to these clubs is go and get a proper scouting system you lazy bastards if you don't want to pay Premier League prices.

Guest ThievingMagpie

The money Chelsea, man city and man utd are going to spend is ridiculous, no team has a chance of closing the gap and maintaining it. Chelsea finish 6th so go and spend over 100 mil to get them back up there mental. Fair play rules clearly not going to deter them whatsoever. Btw how are Chelsea buying all these players without even having a manager

Financial Fair Play is more about maintaining the status quo of the elite clubs within Europe rather than actually leveling the playing field. There are a tonne of ways for clubs to get around financial fair play rules if they are rich enough to be able to apply them. Fenerbache might actually be banned from European competition because of FFP but I doubt a club like Bayern Munich, Juventus, Manchester United or Real Madrid will ever get banned from competition because of external debt or the like because the competition makes less money without them there.  A club like Manchester City, Anzhi, etc has to find unique ways of making it seem like the money coming in isn't just personal wealth but actual loans and deals (even though in actuality they may just be front companies for the owners) so long as it looks like they are actually getting in income from sources other than soley from their owner it should be fine. The main reason is because UEFA are spineless and wants to make sure that the big clubs will remain the big clubs and that anyone wanting to join the group of elite European clubs will have to either find ways of uniquely funding their spending spree (Roman's interest free loans which he has no intention of calling in at anytime and probably will just walk away from Chelsea never expecting his money back or Manchester City's sponsorship by companies owned by the royal family of Abu Dhabi which really is just a way for the Sheik to pump in his own money through his own company into his football club) so long as it looks like you aren't taking in too much external debt. It'll be way harder for a club like Newcastle to break into the elite without doing what we are now. If Ashley decided to just pump £100m into the club he'd probably have Sports Direct sign a better sponsorship deal with the club for something like £25m a year or something to get around FFP, but thankfully the club are showing the new way forward by getting on the spending excessively train and trying to forge a new path.

I don't think people understand how discouraging it is to receive that sort of response to a  long and thought out post. The probability of that sort of reaction is why I limit myself to low-quality and short offerings on the internet. There was a time that I wrote articles for a site on the internet about sport, news, and life with proper diction, and acceptable use of the English language. After some time, I realised this was pointless. The whole place is an abyss of failed writer's dreams, populated by people who live to see others fail.

I didn't read that nonsense though TM. That massive block of text is making my eyes bleed.

I don't think people understand how discouraging it is to receive that sort of response to a  long and thought out post.

I didn't read that nonsense though TM. That massive block of text is making my eyes bleed.

Opening gambit and closing statement completely conflicting, class. :lol:

I don't think people understand how discouraging it is to receive that sort of response to a  long and thought out post. The probability of that sort of reaction is why I limit myself to low-quality and short offerings on the internet. There was a time that I wrote articles for a site on the internet about sport, news, and life with proper diction, and acceptable use of the English language. After some time, I realised this was pointless. The whole place is an abyss of failed writer's dreams, populated by people who live to see others fail.

That ending made this the funniest post I think I have ever read :lol:

Fucking class :lol:

Guest ThievingMagpie

Lol no worries, I'm not too fussed about it. I realised that pretty much most football forums are pretty much occupied by scum a long while ago, this holds true for a lot of forums, it's hard to find a forum where there is actual discussion or any real thought to anything other than a few people bleating catchphrases and posting the most banal memes. My Newcastle-Online.txt file is getting massive though.

I mentioned Tioté on twitter as #BestTransferYourClubHasMade and got this response from somebody:

@Sewellyy personally I don't like him. He's to eager to leave midfield and find the ball, leaving cabaye in the middle by himself

@Kingfunkel Who do you support?

@Sewellyy Newcastle. He runs round like a headless chicken. We're better when Guthrie plays

@Sewellyy hes decent for 45mins til he tires himself out.A foot hold?He does nothing but give away freekicks and leaves an open space in MID

:anguish: