Cheick Tioté (1986-2017)

madras

So pleased he's fit for the weekend. In a team that's absolutely brimming with explosive talent, he's still one of my favourite players to watch. So good in possession and so good off the ball. He's going to be massive on Sunday, predicting a good game from him.

:thup:

Sounds daft when we have Ben Arfa, Cabaye, Cisse and Coloccini but Tiote is still my favourite player of the lot.

Same, he's my favorite player on this team with nearly the rest of them taking a close 2nd tie

So pleased he's fit for the weekend. In a team that's absolutely brimming with explosive talent, he's still one of my favourite players to watch. So good in possession and so good off the ball. He's going to be massive on Sunday, predicting a good game from him.

Yup. These are the sort of games where he's usually at his best.

Arguably cost us the game against City at home last season

Guest Sophie S

I loved it when Tiote took out 2 players and the ball at the same time (one was Toure). Was like a bowling ball going into a set of pins. Such a funny moment. He was really up for it today.

P.S. Ref and his yellow cards were a joke.

I loved it, when Tiote took out 2 players and the ball at the same time (one was Toure). Was like a bowling ball going into a set of pins. Such a funny moment. He was really up for it today.

P.S. Ref and his yellow cards were a joke.

Aye, Webb was very card happy today. What a prick.

Think it's because while he's pretty full on don't think I've seen him tackle someone with malice, could be wrong

Definitely, some of the yellows he picks up are very soft. I'm sure refs are targeting him before the game now as well, which can't help. He must be on their list of repeat offenders.

He has not had a good season and I'm not sure why.

Obvious games that have been the exception, such as the Manchester United game where he pocketed their entire squad.

I don't think he has been poor.  It has been an in and out season due to the visa bungle, niggly injury and the ACON

His role in the team has changed .. We are now more off a ball playing side & this is nots Tiotes strength .. Need him to get back to basics ... Sit in front of the Back four . break up the play .. then play an easy 10 yard pass to our more creative players ..

His role in the team has changed .. We are now more off a ball playing side & this is nots Tiotes strength .. Need him to get back to basics ... Sit in front of the Back four . break up the play .. then play an easy 10 yard pass to our more creative players ..

Think he suits ball playing sides absolutely fine, look how well Arsenal's ball playing went when they lost the steel of Viera. He does dip noticably at times, but he allows in a 4-3-3 Cabaye to really adventure forwards just behind the strikers

He turns up for the big games, just sometimes doesn't for the smaller ones...Had an injury troubled season, but has been immense several occasions, when he's playing his best he just seems to turn up everywhere on the pitch relentlessly pressuring them in possession.