Cheick Tioté (1986-2017)

madras

Mark Douglas @MsiDouglas

Quick titbit for you on Tiote. Spoke to someone close to him who claimed no bids, no interest & player wants to stay. Let's hope so... #nufc

11:48 PM - 27 Aug 12

No fucker interested in the useless cunt, clearly shite, get rid.

Mark Douglas @MsiDouglas

Quick titbit for you on Tiote. Spoke to someone close to him who claimed no bids, no interest & player wants to stay. Let's hope so... #nufc

11:48 PM - 27 Aug 12

No f***er interested in the useless c***, clearly s****, get rid.

:lol:

He has ALWAYS said he has wanted to stay here.  Was that ever really in question? FFS

Opta sports: "Since his debut, Newcastle have conceded 1.24 goals/game in matches Cheik Tiote has started compared to 1.83 goals/game without him.

What's our rate of conceding with and without him?

Something like 1.24 goals/game with him and 1.83 goals/game without him.

Opta sports: "Since his debut, Newcastle have conceded 1.24 goals/game in matches Cheik Tiote has started compared to 1.83 goals/game without him.

What's our rate of conceding with and without him?

Something like 1.24 goals/game with him and 1.83 goals/game without him.

:lol:

What I am never clear about with NUFC is if a club comes in with a good offer that they would accept but the player says he wants to stay, what would happen.  Is the player "encouraged" to move or are the club happy to decline the offer?  They keep sayiing they are doing their utmost to keep their best players (despite giving out a different message to the media) but if a player doesn't want to leave, then there is no difficulty in keeping him.

Guest Roger Kint

I think it all comes down to finances really doesn't it. If someone comes in with a huge bid for Tiote or Cabaye I don't think Ashley or Llambias will care if either player wants to stay so yes in that sense they might be encouraged to leave.

So basically it comes down to us being exactly the same as almost every club in world football?

Guest lebowski

Am I the only one worried about Tiote leaving, not on the team sheet again supposedly injured. We have purchased Anita a reasonably big purchase for a back up position. Rather worried right now.

Guest neesy111

Am I the only one worried about Tiote leaving, not on the team sheet again supposedly injured. We have purchased Anita a reasonably big purchase for a back up position. Rather worried right now.

I'm more concerned about Tiote's persistent injuries.

This.

Guest lebowski

hope that is all we have to worry about. Can't help but think we would really miss him, thought he would have made a difference for us against chelski or at least torn that gobshite torres in 2. Roll on the 1st (i think).

This is becoming a major worry and I'm surprised more people haven't started to worry about this.

Didn't Pardew say in pre-season that he was in the best condition hes ever been in? Obviously talking bollocks.

This is becoming a major worry and I'm surprised more people haven't started to worry about this.

Didn't Pardew say in pre-season that he was in the best condition hes ever been in? Obviously talking bollocks.

Just because a player is in good condition doesn't mean they are immune to injury...

Just because a player is in good condition doesn't mean they are immune to injury...

But he didn't play most of pre-season and was doubtful for Spurs, that doesn't sound like such good condition to me.