Cheick Tioté (1986-2017)

madras

Tiote behind Perch? Never thought this day would come. Obviously he has to start, because no matter what our weakest link the last two games has been Perch, and he hasn't really played badly. I just think Tiote is the better footballer and therefore should start no matter what.

Gone for Anita. Having said that very hard choice but think Tiote needs the competition for his place to challenge him to improve more than most. Again though expect him to start and would love him to be back to his best, and if he is he deserves the spot over the others.

I love how everyone is changing their tact because he's coming back :lol: before he left he was a liability and wanted him sold now he's the savior :lol:

He's been bad this season there's no getting around that, if he suddenly improves his performance then fair play but i don't think its certain he will come back and perform because he's surrounded by better players.

He was hot and cold last season and he's been bad this, really an example of a player being away for a while and suddenly being hyped up to something he isn't.

Fair play if he comes back and performs and i will admit i was wrong but i fail to see where all this confidence is coming from.

He's obviously miles better than Perch though, bad performances or not but fact is Perch shouldn't be playing anyway.

Fairly broad brush you're using there, Mole.

Aye.

I've been saying for some time people were way over the top with their criticisms of him.

i would certainly be putting him straight back in the team next week,  i watched the first hour of the game today and thought he was very good, barely gave the ball away in that time and seemed back to what he does best, win it and play it simple.  NUFC look a much much better side when we have Tiote and Cabaye in the team together, something that has rarely happened and now with Sissoko added to the mix that is a very solid powerful midfield for a tough away game.  He should be back here by Wednesday and the other players won't be back till Thursday so time for him to be in the team and Pardew to plan the tactics with him in mind.

In regards to the poll, i am pretty sure AVB and the spurs players would be delighted if they find Tiote on the bench and Perch in the team.

He has been awful Tiote, but it's different times now in many ways. Hopefully Pards will try and get him back to basics and keep it very simple. Hopefully he'll keep it more simple now, and tbh, i think it might even happen naturally now no matter what Pards say, as we're much more balanced and fluid in our play, there's movement everywhere on the pitch.

I think the biggest reason for him trying to do too much of everything is that things haven't worked at all, overall.

Doubt there's many players in the league, if ANY who has that natural instinct and will to win as much as Tiote.

This combined with injuries, fitness, lack of any rythm and a team playing well below it's capacity has got himself over loaded and into a mess, one that he'll hopefully come out of within time.

He has so much will and is full of emotions. When things work these are great attributes, when it doesn't..........

I have faith in him, and i refuse to write him off.

Poll added.

Ahead of Perch? I'm pretty sure nearly everyone would. Ahead of Marveaux and Anita, not most of the time, no imo.

You'd play Marveaux in DM? :lol:

Where did he say he wanted to play Marveaux as a DM?

Poll added.

Ahead of Perch? I'm pretty sure nearly everyone would. Ahead of Marveaux and Anita, not most of the time, no imo.

Tiote plays as a DM so to say you'd pick Marveaux ahead of him implies you'd play him in DM, which you already know.

I do think a midfield 3 of Sissoko, Cabaye and Marveaux's a bit attacking and would probably leave Cabaye doing most of the donkey work.

I'd play one of Tiote or Anita depending on the opposition and I'd play Marveaux on the wing, I'm not convinced by this idea that he can't play there at all.

Poll added.

Tiote plays as a DM so to say you'd pick Marveaux ahead of him implies you'd play him in DM, which you already know.

It really doesn't. I said that I'd play Marveaux instead if Tiote half the time when a pure DM isn't needed.