Cheick Tioté (1986-2017)

madras

His volley obviously stands out above anything else but for a good 2 or 3 years or so he was a rock for us in densive midfield and one of our best players. I'll remember him as being one of our best players for a good 2 years.

Like a lot of players he struggled to hit top form consistently under Pardew's management especially after that once off season we finished 5th in 2012, but far from alone there.

Rest in peace. To die at 30 is horrific and I feel for his family. I remember he was quite the family man and remember reading how he would send a lot of his fortune back home to support them.  Gone way too soon, life can be very cruel indeed.

His volley obviously stands out above anything else but for a good 2 or 3 years or so he was a rock for us in densive midfield and one of our best players. I'll remember him as being one of our best players for a good 2 years.

Like a lot of players he struggled to hit top form consistently under Pardew's management especially after that once off season we finished 5th in 2012, but far from alone there.

Rest in peace. To die at 30 is horrific and I feel for his family. I remember he was quite the family man and remember reading how he would send a lot of his fortune back home to support them.  Gone way too soon, life can be very cruel indeed.

Aye I really liked him as a player even if he wasn't everyone's cup of tea. He was like the Terminator that season we were flying. Absolutely gutted to hear this.