Cheick Tioté (1986-2017)

madras

If Chelsea offer us more than 20 mil, Ashley will sell for sure and that will be it for me I'm afraid.

Not panicking but seriously, how long can we support this club if we keep going on like this.

I'm bored of turning up and pumping my money in for us to show no ambition.

Really?  How do you know this? :lol:

I really doubt you know what the club value him at like.

6 month loan until Essien recovers with Sturridge coming our way and a 10 million loan fee.

Tiote gives them a 20 point lead by January, Sturridge is top scorer with Toon lying in 4th, Ashley pockets 10 million to decorate...everyone's a winner  :lol:

As long as this is only in the Standard I'm going to try not to worry about it.

was it not in the echo as well?

:frantic: :frantic:

Echo ran with it first, the Standard is just a re hash of the Echo's article which has caused some people on here to be put on suicide watch.

As long as this is only in the Standard I'm going to try not to worry about it.

was it not in the echo as well?

:frantic: :frantic:

Echo ran with it first, the Standard is just a re hash of the Echo's article which has caused some people on here to be put on suicide watch.

Ah right, that makes me feel better actually.

If this were to happen then it has to be Sturridge plus cash and we'd have to spend the cash on getting a ready-to-go replacement for Tiote.  Sadly, I can imagine we'll do what we did when we wanted Johnson from City and we'll just let ourselves be fucked over, then decide we'll try and replace him with a Tiote mk2, ie a cheapo we cross our fingers and hope suddenly becomes amazing.

Also, the original Echo article is total bollocks... talks about him being on a "shortlist" of players to fill in for Essien and Chelsea making "preliminary enquiries".

I wish journalists didn't so many column inches to fill with nothing. (And I wish Mike Ashley hadn't given me playersaleophobia)