Cheick Tioté (1986-2017)

madras

Pardew was also asked again if the £35m from the sale of Andy Carroll will be spent and told reporters: "Our wage bill has gone up by some distance."

:mackems: :mackems: :mackems: :mackems:

So Carroll was supposedly on £20k a week, Nolan £40k-50k, Fat Sol £30k and Kuqi what about £500?  :lol: so that's around £100k a week in total

Tiote's new deal, Cabaye, Marveux and Ba are all going to be on between £50k-£60k a week at a guess.

Don't think it is a valid answer from AP about the £35m being spent, but he is probably right about the wage bill.

I would be surprised if Cabaye or Marveaux are on that much

Ba is supposedly on a heavily incentivised contract with a low basic wage

Also Sol would be on more than that

The wage bill probably has increased BUT I doubt it has by much - at least not enough to come out and use it as an excuse for the lack of spending 

why would you be surprised if Cabaye and Marveaux were on that much? Cabaye, one of the things in the french press when he signed that he was on a much higher wage with us than he was with Lille and Marveaux was a free transfer, they always lend themselves to larger wages so 50 even 60k is hardly impossible for them

Pardew was also asked again if the £35m from the sale of Andy Carroll will be spent and told reporters: "Our wage bill has gone up by some distance."

I want to laugh as well.  I just afraid it's true. I actually don't quite understand how can we spend only 48m on wages last season.

Must remember we also signed Ben Arfa wich are on a wage aswell. Rumours are Simpson is signing a new one aswell so might have to spend a little extra there too. Some money are booked incase Enrique signs the new supposedly much improved contract too.

There are money going here and there for the new players, bet their agents want money for negotiating new contracts too. The club operates with a yearly budget and have to keep to that. Ashley might even want us to start paying some of the loan back aswell?

And remember Ashley himself has pumped money into the clubs coffers since he bought it, and more likely more then he ever expected to do. And now as the club itself got the money he might even this season decide not to chunk anything.

So Carroll was supposedly on £20k a week, Nolan £40k-50k, Fat Sol £30k and Kuqi what about £500?  :lol: so that's around £100k a week in total

Tiote's new deal, Cabaye, Marveux and Ba are all going to be on between £50k-£60k a week at a guess.

Don't think it is a valid answer from AP about the £35m being spent, but he is probably right about the wage bill.

I would be surprised if Cabaye or Marveaux are on that much

Ba is supposedly on a heavily incentivised contract with a low basic wage

Also Sol would be on more than that

The wage bill probably has increased BUT I doubt it has by much - at least not enough to come out and use it as an excuse for the lack of spending 

why would you be surprised if Cabaye and Marveaux were on that much? Cabaye, one of the things in the french press when he signed that he was on a much higher wage with us than he was with Lille and Marveaux was a free transfer, they always lend themselves to larger wages so 50 even 60k is hardly impossible for them

I think it was suggested somewhere that Cabaye would be getting around £30k, which is still significantly more than what he was earning in France

End of the day who knows the true figures, I just find it hard to believe that the wages have increased by some distance

Though having said that not sure why that should be taken out of the transfer fee, our turnover has increased so naturally an increase in wages should be accommodated BUT as we have clearly seen with this regime a lot of ambiguous statements are released and they are clouding the figures to make it seem like all of the money has gone

Must remember we also signed Ben Arfa wich are on a wage aswell. Rumours are Simpson is signing a new one aswell so might have to spend a little extra there too. Some money are booked incase Enrique signs the new supposedly much improved contract too.

There are money going here and there for the new players, bet their agents want money for negotiating new contracts too. The club operates with a yearly budget and have to keep to that. Ashley might even want us to start paying some of the loan back aswell?

And remember Ashley himself has pumped money into the clubs coffers since he bought it, and more likely more then he ever expected to do. And now as the club itself got the money he might even this season decide not to chunk anything.

Which would be a good thing BUT if that is the case then surely the club should tell us that is where some of the money is going

http://www.mirrorfootball.co.uk/transfer-news/Newcastle-Cheik-Tiote-dismisses-Chelsea-speculation-insists-happy-at-Magpies-article767877.html

Cheik Tiote has insisted he is not pushing for a move away from Newcastle.

The Ivory Coast midfielder is a target for Chelsea after Michael Essien suffered a knee injury that could rule him out for six months.

But Tiote, rated at £15million-plus, said: ‘I’m happy here - I’m only thinking about Newcastle.”

Asked whether the player is for sale, Newcastle manager Alan Pardew said: “I think I’ve been there once before. He’s a great player that had a great first year for Newcastle.

"We’ve heard nothing. The only substantial information we’ve had on this is purely speculation."

Love the man.

Guest palnese

Means bo diddly. Just remember what Carroll said back in December of last year.

Aye, agreed. Before the Carroll saga I would've believed Tiote. Now... Meh.

"The only substantial information we’ve had on this is purely speculation."

I guess the club still employ Hughton's scriptwriter.

"We have some good, quality players and also what we do have, is a good spirited group of lads..."

"The only substantial information weve had on this is purely speculation."

I guess the club still employ Hughton's scriptwriter.

"We have some good, quality players and also what we do have, is a good spirited group of lads..."

"They're very much a good droup of lads and we're very much trying to add to that group"

The Carroll saga made sure I never trust anything Pardew, Llambias or Ashley say ever again. Its made me cynical about everything this club does and even though £35m was an insane price, as a fan it still hurts. So they can deny we're selling Tiote as much as they want, I don't believe a word they say.

The Carroll saga made sure I never trust anything Pardew, Llambias or Ashley say ever again. Its made me cynical about everything this club does and even though £35m was an insane price, as a fan it still hurts. So they can deny we're selling Tiote as much as they want, I don't believe a word they say.

But do you automatically believe the opposite?

IF they are wanting to sell for a big price they had better go silly money.

For me I see this as tiotes last season before a massive move so say 20 plus mil and sturridge ,then buying blaise or sissoko would certainly soften the blow, but knowing this club will be 18mil and tyrone mears brought in!

Pardew didn't really say a lot there to discourage any bids.

I am putting my hope in Chelsea not wanting a replacement for Essien as they claim, rather than us refusing to sell him as I know we would if Chelsea really wanted him.

Guest Antec

I'm putting my hope in the fact that Chelsea have said they don't want a replacement for Essien, Pardew has said there's been no approach, and Tiote has said he's focused on Newcastle.

That'll do for me TBH.

I actually burst out laughing at this. This has to be someone's joke account, is anyone going to come clean?