Cheick Tioté (1986-2017)

madras

@NUFCOfficial Newcastle United FC

The club can confirm that they have received no enquiries for Cheik Tiote, contrary to some media reports

5 minutes ago via web

:thup:

Memo to Chelsea:

f*** off

:nods:

I suddenly dislike Scott Wilson now too.

Guest BooBoo

I don't have the link to the quote and this may well be a giggs, but I'm sure Pardew said in Feb/ March time.

"Cheik is definitely a player I want to keep but if we receive a bid in the summer then we'll have a problem."

5th February 2011

http://www.dailystar.co.uk/posts/view/175311/Alan-Pardew-I-fear-flog-at-Newcastle

Pardew is keeping his fingers crossed Tiote’s first season at St James’s Park won’t be his last.

“I am hoping there are no bids, ­otherwise we will have a problem,” said the Toon chief.

“Tiote is a very important player, very talented and someone we want to be a big part of our future.

“We may be short of strikers, but we will have a strong team against Arsenal with a midfield that could play in any Premier League team.”

Pardew confirmed that as Shola Ameobi requires an operation on Tuesday on his fractured cheekbone, he will be looking to bring in at least one player currently without a club.

Though Pardew spent most of the past two months declaring Carroll wouldn’t be sold, he now admits that Newcastle are vulnerable to any mega-bid for one of their players.

He added: “When I became ­manager, they (Ashley and Llambias) made me aware that they wanted to get the club on a financial footing, which gives them a chance to build it.

“Signing young players and ­hoping they become successful in the ­Premier League is part of the policy of growing as a club.

“Now, ideally, you would like to keep someone like Andy Carroll, a young player who is from the area, but ­financially we could not keep him. But we like to think, certainly I have that ambition, that in two or three years time, if we can sustain our ­status and keep getting the TV ­money invested wisely, that we can hold off that next bid which might be for Cheik in 18 months time or so.

“We have to get ourselves in a ­position to do that because at the moment we’re not and we have to accept that.”

Guest BooBoo

Aye thought so.

Let's just hope the bid tale is bollocks as if anyone lobs in a £10million plus bid, he'll be gone.

5th February 2011

http://www.dailystar.co.uk/posts/view/175311/Alan-Pardew-I-fear-flog-at-Newcastle

Pardew is keeping his fingers crossed Tiote’s first season at St James’s Park won’t be his last.

“I am hoping there are no bids, ­otherwise we will have a problem,” said the Toon chief.

“Tiote is a very important player, very talented and someone we want to be a big part of our future.

“We may be short of strikers, but we will have a strong team against Arsenal with a midfield that could play in any Premier League team.”

Pardew confirmed that as Shola Ameobi requires an operation on Tuesday on his fractured cheekbone, he will be looking to bring in at least one player currently without a club.

Though Pardew spent most of the past two months declaring Carroll wouldn’t be sold, he now admits that Newcastle are vulnerable to any mega-bid for one of their players.

He added: “When I became ­manager, they (Ashley and Llambias) made me aware that they wanted to get the club on a financial footing, which gives them a chance to build it.

“Signing young players and ­hoping they become successful in the ­Premier League is part of the policy of growing as a club.

“Now, ideally, you would like to keep someone like Andy Carroll, a young player who is from the area, but ­financially we could not keep him. But we like to think, certainly I have that ambition, that in two or three years time, if we can sustain our ­status and keep getting the TV ­money invested wisely, that we can hold off that next bid which might be for Cheik in 18 months time or so.

“We have to get ourselves in a ­position to do that because at the moment we’re not and we have to accept that.”

Is it just me or does that sound like an invitation for other clubs to put in an offer for Tiote?

5th February 2011

Is it just me or does that sound like an invitation for other clubs to put in an offer for Tiote?

The tea lady's need new tea pots.

Guest BooBoo

Lets not be foolish enough to believe that Cheik being offered such a lengthy contract was to tie him to the club for 6 years. It was primarily a tool to strengthen our bargaining position when it comes to negotiating a sale.

I hate being pessimistic because im generally not a doomie, but it's by far the most sensible explanation.

Guest Geordiesned

Just think of the fancy sprinkler system, new gym equipment and shiny gold plated goalposts we'd be able to get for the training ground with the Tiote money!

5th February 2011

It certainly doesn't sound like he expects us to put up much of a fight if Chelsea do come in with a bid.

Guest BooBoo

Begs the question why we would have a problem if a bid comes in?

The Carroll money is in the bank and every sign points to the vast majority not being spent. Why would we have to simply accept a bid when we've recently made such a massive profit on top of new season ticket cash and sky money.

The only sensible answer is greed.

The Carroll money is in the bank and every sign points to the vast majority not being spent. Why would we have to simply accept a bid when we've recently made such a massive profit on top of new season ticket cash and sky money.

If a bid comes in from someone like Chelsea then as usual the player would want to go, which would obviously be a problem.

Because it counts as a fantastic, endorphin releasing success if you're a person who gets their kicks from business rather than football.  Buying a player for £3.5m and selling him after a season for £15m = Ashley pulls shirt over head and runs around the pitch with his arms outstretched shouting "GGGOOOOOOOOOOOOAAAALLLLLLLLL!"

When he's making clothes he doesn't want to win London fashion week or be acknowledged as the guy behind the most fantastic trackie-bottoms the world has ever seen, he wants to buy pants from an Indian factory for 30p a pair and sell them for £5 a pair.

every sign points to the money staying in the club and after putting in more than 100million on top of the purchase price, i don't think not wanting to spend moreof his own money  could be seen as greedy.

every sign points to the money staying in the club and after putting in more than 100million on top of the purchase price, i don't think not wanting to spend moreof his own money  could be seen as greedy.

Sounds to me like a man who bought the club having not done his homework, made some of the worst decisions possible while running it and is now trying to do what he can to make sure he pays as little as possible for his mistakes.

Theres no way on earth we should sell him unless it became impossible to keep him but if it ended up in that situation then we would be absolutely fucking stupid not to demand Sturridge as part of the deal. £20m plus Sturridge or they can fuck off. They can fuck off anyway.