Cheick Tioté (1986-2017)

madras

Cheick knows his limitations. I'd rather he didn't shoot if he didn't think he could score.

Who the f*** shoots when they don't think they will score?

It happens in every game, man.

What happens in every game is players having a go and hitting it wide, at the keeper, get it all wrong, or score. When they decide to shoot it's because they think they are in a good enough position to try!! That's pretty obvious isn't it? I don't see anyone taking a shot with they arse to the goal, just behind the half way line, thinking "I bet it doesn't go in"!

That's clever; it's called speculation. Look it up.

I'll look it up when you stop condescending posts of people who are trying to engage in a debate, and actually engage in some yourself, rather than typing quasi-cryptic one liners.

It does have something to do with ability. If it was Laurent Robert on the edge of the box in the 91st minute I'd want him to shoot because he'd score.

And that's exactly my point! Which is why I highlighted the "good position to shoot" bit. Someone like Tiote has a better chance of success if he's in a good enough position to shoot from, according to his ability! Surely PL footballers should have the basic ability to shoot at goal from the edge of the area, given the chance? No one's saying he's Laurent Robert! But you'd want Robert to track back and get down for a tackle every once in a while, even though it's not part of his "mandate", nor was it his strong point. It's the least I'd expect from a professional footballer.

Tiote doesn't need to shoot more, that's all that needs to be said really. He's entitled to a crack every now and then, as is even Danny Simpson if theres nothing better on and nothing else seems to be coming off.

I still don't see the point in restraining someone from shooting at goal! I find that pretty stupid to be honest. The point is that in this instance, should Tiote find himself in a good position to shoot, he should shoot. I'd rather he took a shot on goal than pass it backwards and break down the attack. He, for example, shouldn't be having speculative pops at goal, in the 91st minute when we're only 1-0 up. But that's a tactical thing and nothing to do with ability.

Nobody has said he shouldn't shoot man. What you are suggesting though is that he should show more attacking intent. I'd rather he was available for when we lose possession tbh, not trying to ghost into the box, we've got 5 other more attacking players who can do that.

That isn't to say he's not allowed to mix things up, he just doesn't need it coached into him.

Tiote doesn't need to shoot more, that's all that needs to be said really. He's entitled to a crack every now and then, as is even Danny Simpson if theres nothing better on and nothing else seems to be coming off.

I still don't see the point in restraining someone from shooting at goal! I find that pretty stupid to be honest. The point is that in this instance, should Tiote find himself in a good position to shoot, he should shoot. I'd rather he took a shot on goal than pass it backwards and break down the attack. He, for example, shouldn't be having speculative pops at goal, in the 91st minute when we're only 1-0 up. But that's a tactical thing and nothing to do with ability.

Nobody has said he shouldn't shoot man. What you are suggesting though is that he should show more attacking intent. I'd rather he was available for when we lose possession tbh, not trying to ghost into the box, we've got 5 other more attacking players who can do that.

That isn't to say he's not allowed to mix things up, he just doesn't need it coached into him.

No he doesn't need it coached into him at all. But I'm sure he takes part in shooting and crossing practice in training.

Plus, no, I didn't say he should show more attacking intent. What I meant was that he should be more confident in contributing to an attacking move, should he find himself in a situation to do so, rather than delay or disrupt the attack, because "he's a DM"

No he doesn't need it coached into him at all. But I'm sure he takes part in shooting and crossing practice in training.

Plus, no, I didn't say he should show more attacking intent. What I meant was that he should be more confident in contributing to an attacking move, should he find himself in a situation to do so, rather than delay or disrupt the attack, because "he's a DM"

Technically that is suggesting he should be showing more attacking intent like, but fair enough. I just think what he's doing he's doing well and it's not like he spends the match sitting on the halfway line, he's allways on hand to recieve the ball and usualy tries to do something posotive with it when in the final 3rd. I could name many occasions where he has decided to have a pop, try a killer pass, or curl one in from the wing.

I certainly don't think he delays or disrupts our attacks like, I don't know where you've picked that up from.

Technically that is suggesting he should be showing more attacking intent like, but fair enough. I just think what he's doing he's doing well and it's not like he spends the match sitting on the halfway line, he's allways on hand to recieve the ball and usualy tries to do something posotive with it when in the final 3rd. I could name many occasions where he has decided to have a pop, try a killer pass, or curl one in from the wing.

I certainly don't think he delays or disrupts our attacks like, I don't know where you've picked that up from.

Exactly. What I'm saying is that he shouldn't curb that side of his game, but have more confidence in it.

It's a fairly similar time of year to when we played Liverpool last season with Andy Carroll in the side, would be ironic if Cheik has a stormer and earns himself a January move to Man Utd in the process.

Not saying it'll happen but the thought crossed my mind so I thought I'd pop it in here in case it does. :lol:

Tiote's a destroyer and he's fucking great at it. Wouldn't want him to change his game a single bit.

We've got other players in the XI now who can capitalise on him winning the ball in the centre circle and giving it early. Some people baffle me.

Guest VaVaVoom

Tiote's a destroyer and he's fucking great at it. Wouldn't want him to change his game a single bit.

We've got other players in the XI now who can capitalise on him winning the ball in the centre circle and giving it early. Some people baffle me.

Aye but i would like him to have a go more though.

Depending on the grade of the injury, the lowest grade (grade 1) can take between 2 and 10 weeks for the injury to fully heal. Recovery times for grades 2 and 3 are difficult to predict because of the amount of damage done can take weeks to several months. It is difficult to apply pressure on the injured leg for at least a few days.

From Wiki