Cheick Tioté (1986-2017)

madras

I wonder if the mongs clamoring for a goal to have been given as "it was obviously going in" now look back at their stupid statements with wide eyed wonder and disbelief. 

p.s. Suarez owns forever.  (except when he did a racism)

Linked with  a £25m move in the mirror to citeh, citing manchini bring unhappy at losing players to the acn...so hes supposed to be going for Tiote, who as we know is st the acn  :lol:

Good stuff mirror, keep it up.

I wonder if the mongs clamoring for a goal to have been given as "it was obviously going in" now look back at their stupid statements with wide eyed wonder and disbelief. 

p.s. Suarez owns forever.  (except when he did a racism)

that long ago i can't remember exactly but did anyone say that or did they say the rule should be changed to that in future, bit like a penalty try in rugby union. as for the wide eyed wonder bit etc, i doubt they've changed their mind about it. as for it being stupid i'd say it was more stupid not to look at that and not see it as a situation that could be altered to reflect the seriousness of it as being seen as no deterrant from it happeing again.

Linked with  a £25m move in the mirror to citeh, citing manchini bring unhappy at losing players to the acn...so hes supposed to be going for Tiote, who as we know is st the acn  :lol:

Good stuff mirror, keep it up.

Was Man U yesterday!

Manchester United head the queue for Cheick Tiote, but could hold fire until the summer for the in-form Newcastle star.

http://www.mirrorfootball.co.uk/transfer-news/Manchester-United-transfer-gossip-Cheick-Tiote-Newcastle-midfielder-is-target-for-summer-move-article844740.html

i dunno think losing De Jong is more about Barry finding more form. Yes think they could go in for Tiote (and given Tiote's penchant for silly cars would expect he'd take the pay rise, maybe a little mean) but I dunno if they'll look for a like for like replacement. Think they more need backup box to box midfielder like Yaya Toure than another defensive midfielder.

Guest Roger Kint

They would lose Tiote and Yaya for the same amount of time every ACN, can't see it.

Doesn't the acn move to the summer after this one?

No

Tiote will leave eventaully, be it this year or next. What we can do (and I believe we are doing) is be ready for his departure by scouting for a replacement. At the end of the day if one of the Champions League clubs make a large enough bid, he will be gone and we will have the money to strengthen in several positions.

Every player leaves eventually, but why are you so sure it'll be this year or next? At the end of the day, the top 4 teams only need one Tiote-type player, some don't even want that.

Tiote will leave eventaully, be it this year or next. What we can do (and I believe we are doing) is be ready for his departure by scouting for a replacement. At the end of the day if one of the Champions League clubs make a large enough bid, he will be gone and we will have the money to strengthen in several positions.

Every player leaves eventually, but why are you so sure it'll be this year or next? At the end of the day, the top 4 teams only need one Tiote-type player, some don't even want that.

As a defensive midfielder Tiote is better than anything Man U have, same with Chelsea. Both of those teams are struggling at the moment and more than likely have plenty of cash to spend if they need a player to boost their performance for the season.

I don't buy that any of the top clubs, other than Man City, have a desire to play a defensive midfielder in the mould of Tiote. Most of them are more bothered about starting attacks off with "deep lying playmaker" types, over using a Tiote-esque player to defend from the midfield. Perhaps I'm underrating Tiote's abilities, and he could well satisfy that role, but you'd imagine these clubs would go for someone a bit more tried and tested.

Man City already have Barry, De Jong and, erm... Hargreaves, who fulfil the DM role.

I mean, obviously they're shit/crippled, but Mancini seems to love a bit of Barry.

Tiote wouldn't work well as part of a rotated squad system. He always seems to acquire a bit of rust when he has time off and is best when he's had a run in the side.

Wouldn't work well coming off the bench, or missing every other game IMO - he'd make clumsy challenges and be a little off his game.

Don't know where his future lies, but I'm quietly confident(/hopeful!) he'll play the best football of his career while he's with us, because we need him - if that makes any sense :lol:

I don't buy that any of the top clubs, other than Man City, have a desire to play a defensive midfielder in the mould of Tiote. Most of them are more bothered about starting attacks off with "deep lying playmaker" types, over using a Tiote-esque player to defend from the midfield. Perhaps I'm underrating Tiote's abilities, and he could well satisfy that role, but you'd imagine these clubs would go for someone a bit more tried and tested.

Man City already have Barry, De Jong and, erm... Hargreaves, who fulfil the DM role.

I mean, obviously they're shit/crippled, but Mancini seems to love a bit of Barry.

So what you're saying is, the only club playing with Tiote type players out of those three is top of the premier league?

So what you're saying is, the only "top club" playing with Tiote type players out of those three is top of the premier league?

Yes.

Tiote would be on the bench 70% of the time if he signed for either of those clubs. Would either really pay £25m for a player that is obsolete most of the time? Doubtful.

Disagree, I think he could start for Man U with Fletcher out. He's far better than Carrick in that role.

Which role? Carrick's a playmaker.

Tiote would be on the bench 70% of the time if he signed for either of those clubs. Would either really pay £25m for a player that is obsolete most of the time? Doubtful.

Disagree, I think he could start for Man U with Fletcher out. He's far better than Carrick in that role.

Which role? Carrick's a playmaker.

Carrick is supposed to have the defensive role in the midfield with Fletcher missing.