Cheick Tioté (1986-2017)

madras

Good analysis on FourFourTwo StatsZone about Tiote.

Cheick Tiote is brilliantly energetic, fierce in the tackle, decent positionally, but probably not a particularly talented passer. At the start of his time at Newcastle, the Ivorian seemed to be aware of his limitations on the ball, and played short, safe, sideways balls to more creative teammates.

But last weekend as Newcastle lost a 2-0 lead to Wolves, Tiote often attempted more ambitious forward passes, which frequently went astray and meant Newcastle conceded possession cheaply. That was particularly frustrating given Newcastle’s lead, where ball retention should have been their main concern – at 2-0 up, Tiote gave the ball away seven times from 24 passes.

It will be interesting to see Tiote’s approach this weekend when Sunderland come to town. The Tyne-Wear derby is typically a frantic game which sees the ball given away frequently, so Newcastle could do with some sensible distribution from the centre.

http://cms.442.haymarketnetwork.com/contentimages/blog/Tiote.jpg

Want him to really stamp his authority on the game and on Cattermole's nads

On my first glance at this post I was hoping it said Cattermole after I seen the word stamp and you didn't fail me when I properly read it. Well done. :smug:

Guest VaVaVoom

Want him to really stamp his authority on the game and on Cattermole's nads

Really could do with Tiote staying calm and staying on the pitch tbh.

Tiote will be tasked with the job of winning the midfield battle, with the contest against Lee Cattermole one of the stand-out features of the game.

Tiote told the Chronicle: “We have to win every tackle.

“If we have to die on the pitch to win, we have to die on the pitch, that is what we have to do to win the game.

“If you get a yellow card you get one. It cannot stop me from playing the game in my style.

Read More http://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/newcastle-united/nufc-news/2012/03/03/cheick-tiote-players-are-ready-to-die-for-the-cause-72703-30450279/?#ixzz1o3ONTSCu

http://desmond.imageshack.us/Himg594/scaled.php?server=594&filename=tiote.gif&res=medium

Guest Dontooner

How much do you think Tiote is worth? He has the makings of a great player and certainly an attitude of one. 35 Million quid might just be about the right price for me.

His quotes are music to my ears and exactly what i want my players thinking when they get out there. This is the type of match Tiote dreams of when you add all the parts together. Roll on tomorrow, can not wait.

Still think it's a right shame he overreacted like that. Was a red anyway, but beyond the fact I don't want to see that from our players it would have been brilliant had he just stood there and taken it wobbly jaw and all :lol: