Cheick Tioté (1986-2017)

madras

Kezman, you're full of s***, man. Honestly.

Check my posts and stop being a bellend, I've said we should have tried for him. As usual you spout a load yet can't disagree with the points I make.

Bloke just been on talksport, some agent I think, saying he was good mates with maclaren and he reckons we've signed an absoloute gem.

Promising

It was Niall Hickman from the Daily Express.  He said he had been over to interview McLaren last season at Twente and McLaren had said there was only one player in his squad that was good enough for the Premier League and that was Tiote.

Now that I don't believe. While Tiote was instrumental in thei championship win last season and has improved vastly over the past season, there are players in that Twente squad who are better still, like Brian Ruiz. I don't believe McLaren would have said this. Also, you have to wonder why McLaren didn't go in for Tiote for his new club if he really thought that highly of the lad..

Eredivisie is a better judge of Midfielders and defenders than strikers imo, too many have proven to be success in Holland and fail elsewhere. I think he didn't take him to Wolfsburg because they have sufficent DM's.

Regarding strikers that have failed to live up to their reputation from the Eredivisie, I can only really think of one, and it happens to be your namesake..

As already said, Alves, KJH, Kuyt, Marcus Berg all spring to mind as good strikers in Holland who went on to be poor in bigger leagues.

I wouldn't agree on Kuyt, he has just become another type of player in Liverpool....and Marcus Berg is still in Eredivisie. You probably meant Elmander in Bolton, and yes, he hasn't been good. Maybe this season is his.

No, I meant Berg, he went to HSV and didn't score ergo why he is at PSV on loan.

Somehow I still don't count Bundesliga as a "bigger" league. I find them somewhere between PL/La Liga and Eredivisie.

There could be so many reasons why he didn't succed at HSV, too. It doesn't always have to be down to footballing skills.

Marcus Berg is still fairly young you as well, and he wasn't exactly scored 30 or more in Holland even, like Alves and Kezman did, who I admit have failed to live up to their reputation abroad. Whilst not every player coming from the Eredivisie can make the step up to a bigger league, there have been sufficient players who have done exactly that to say the Eredivisie is a good hunting ground for the big leagues. Some of the very best players in the past 20 years have learned their trade in the Eredivisie.

I honestly can't think of a recent striker from the Eerdivisie (RVN doesn't count) who has made the step up to the big leagues, I was commenting purely on the current state of the league, of course in the past you've had  some great goalscorers go on to bigger things and succeed.

Why does Ruud van Nistelrooy not count? I would say the likes of Bergkamp, Hasselbaink, Kluivert, Van Persie, Robben, Kuyt, Huntelaar, Makaay, Kalou and many others over the past 10 years prove otherwise. I will now gladly admit that a few of them have also failed to impress when they moved to better leagues abroad (I'd qualify Alves and Kezman in this category), but in general I think there is no denying that players who have been quality in the Eredivisie have adapted really well in better leagues over the years, probably more so than any other league.

But RvN doesn't count, man!

There must be a decent song to the tune of the Viera song, we can use for this lad

Like......

Tiote, ooooooh ooooh, Tiote, ooooooooh ooooooooooh.

He comes from Cote d'Ivore,

He's better than Stevie G

There must be a decent song to the tune of the Viera song, we can use for this lad

Like......

Couldn't be arse rhyming them?

Like......

Sorry, is it not pronounced Ivory?

EDIT: Nope, it's not.  What a s*** attempt!

Like......

Not if you say it in French.

Like......

Nay, Ivoire = Iv-wah, French ain't it.

Like......

Do English people really say "Côte d'Ivoire" instead of just "Ivory Coast"?

Like......

Read somewhere during the WC that Côte d'Ivoire was angry on the world ( :shifty:) for calling them Ivory Coast.

They wanted to be know as Côte d'Ivoire.

But its impossible to say with a rhythm, so fuck it  ;D

Like......

Read somewhere during the WC that Côte d'Ivoire was angry on the world ( :shifty:) for calling them Ivory Coast.

Comes from cote d'ivoire,

better than cantona

Like......

Comes from cote d'ivoire,

better than cantona

No shit  ;D

Kezman, you're full of s***, man. Honestly.

Check my posts and stop being a bellend, I've said we should have tried for him. As usual you spout a load yet can't disagree with the points I make.

Bloke just been on talksport, some agent I think, saying he was good mates with maclaren and he reckons we've signed an absoloute gem.

Promising

It was Niall Hickman from the Daily Express.  He said he had been over to interview McLaren last season at Twente and McLaren had said there was only one player in his squad that was good enough for the Premier League and that was Tiote.

Now that I don't believe. While Tiote was instrumental in thei championship win last season and has improved vastly over the past season, there are players in that Twente squad who are better still, like Brian Ruiz. I don't believe McLaren would have said this. Also, you have to wonder why McLaren didn't go in for Tiote for his new club if he really thought that highly of the lad..

Eredivisie is a better judge of Midfielders and defenders than strikers imo, too many have proven to be success in Holland and fail elsewhere. I think he didn't take him to Wolfsburg because they have sufficent DM's.

Regarding strikers that have failed to live up to their reputation from the Eredivisie, I can only really think of one, and it happens to be your namesake..

As already said, Alves, KJH, Kuyt, Marcus Berg all spring to mind as good strikers in Holland who went on to be poor in bigger leagues.

I wouldn't agree on Kuyt, he has just become another type of player in Liverpool....and Marcus Berg is still in Eredivisie. You probably meant Elmander in Bolton, and yes, he hasn't been good. Maybe this season is his.

No, I meant Berg, he went to HSV and didn't score ergo why he is at PSV on loan.

Somehow I still don't count Bundesliga as a "bigger" league. I find them somewhere between PL/La Liga and Eredivisie.

There could be so many reasons why he didn't succed at HSV, too. It doesn't always have to be down to footballing skills.

Marcus Berg is still fairly young you as well, and he wasn't exactly scored 30 or more in Holland even, like Alves and Kezman did, who I admit have failed to live up to their reputation abroad. Whilst not every player coming from the Eredivisie can make the step up to a bigger league, there have been sufficient players who have done exactly that to say the Eredivisie is a good hunting ground for the big leagues. Some of the very best players in the past 20 years have learned their trade in the Eredivisie.

I honestly can't think of a recent striker from the Eerdivisie (RVN doesn't count) who has made the step up to the big leagues, I was commenting purely on the current state of the league, of course in the past you've had  some great goalscorers go on to bigger things and succeed.

Why does RVN not count?

I think every nation should be known Internationally by what the nation calls itself tbh.

Do you mean we have to call Japan Nippon, or the real shit 日本国?

Or Saudi Arabia? Al Mamlakah al Arabiyah as Suudiyah, ¨المملكة العربيّة السّعوديّة

If you mean the last one i can no longer go outside Europe, as i don`t know where the fuck i am going ;D