Cheick Tioté (1986-2017)

madras

We can debate how bad a challenge it was all day; surely the point is that the whistle had been blown, he must have heard it and still put the foot in. He may have thought he'd get a talking to or a yellow as Atkinson had let a few things go (Larrson) up to that point, it was a needless, stupid, challenge. He gave the ref a decision to make and there was no need to do it.

The point is that the tackle was not a sending off offence, before or just after the whistle.

Aye, lets just ignore the fact that it was a nothing challenge. Silly freaks.

It wasn't a nothing challenge; it got him sent off. A nothing challenge is exactly what he should have done - not made any challenge. I don't think it deserved a red but I am sure there was no need to test a referree who is usually card happy. Pardew will have spoken to the players about this

He raised his hands and lashed out, after the whistle too. It looked like nowt but by the letter of the law it is a red card, and Tiote should have known better.

Atkinson is a f***ing s*** ref mind, gave the mackems everything all afternoon and the dopey c***s still couldn't win the game.

How is it a red "by the letter of the law"? Raised his hands? ???

Absolutely. It isn't red by the letter of the law. That post show no knowledge of the rules.

Howay then, enlighten me. He raised his hands and made contact with the player, above the chest, in an aggressive manner. I haven't read the referee's comprehensive rulebook but as far as I can remember that results in a red card, no matter how petty or pathetic the contact is.

What? :lol:

He got sent off for a late tackle on Fletcher. What were you watching?

It speaks volumes for the alleged recklessness of the actual 'tackle' (i.e. the bit he did with his foot) because I thought the red card at the time was because he led into the tackle with his hands up and struck the guy in the face.

What were you watching when you watched it back a few times, as you claimed to have done on p 448?

The whistle goes just as he makes the challenge, sick of reading people stating otherwise.

The whistle goes before the challenge and in plenty time for Tiote to avoid the challenge. We may be talking about hundredths of seconds but still plenty time to pull out if he'd wanted too.

The whistle goes just as he makes the challenge, sick of reading people stating otherwise.

The whistle goes before the challenge and in plenty time for Tiote to avoid the challenge. We may be talking about hundredths of seconds but still plenty time to pull out if he'd wanted too.

:spit:

Wut? :lol:

Let's see you react in a hundredth of a second. Fucking hell man. :lol:

What Shearer has just said surely applies to Larsson then? No mention of that?

Blatantly obvious Shearer just says what he's paid to say and seeing as BBC don't give 2 shits about mentioning the Larsson incident it won't be mentioned by Shearer or anyone.

I still hear people mention the De Jong foul at the world cup, the same thing happens today and it's not worth a tiny mention.  :lol:  Clowns. Also i'm sure we should have had a penalty for handball just after the sending off.

Guy Mowbray basically the only person I've heard in the media say it was harsh.

Think it's a mixture of Tiote's reputation. He's not even a dirty player, very unlikely he'd injure someone, only thing is, he does a lot of stupid lunges, pushes and stuff which rack up pointless yellows. Also, I honestly think people are too fucking soft. Let's say the Tiote had taken the ball and then Fletcher's leg, no way would it have been a red, maybe not even a yellow but he misses the ball by half a second, is not looking to take Fletcher's leg at all and gets a red for it. Turning the game into a farce if that's a red

If it was on ESPN, Ray Stubbs would claim Tiote studded him in the face and spat on him.

Used to like Stubbs as well, when he wasn't on ESPN. How wrong I was, shit stirrer who knows nothing about the game so picks on insignificant incidents and talks them up because he knows nothing.

Guest neesy111

We need to sell this idiot asap, he hasn't had a good game in 10 months imo and is a complete liability when playing this season.  Spoke to Neil a few days ago so it isn't an over reaction to today's event.