Cheick Tioté (1986-2017)

madras

Quite anxious to see how we'll line up with him back. Him protecting the back 4 with Sissoko and Cabaye deployed in front of him could be mouth watering if he just sticks to basics, snuffs out attacks - gives us his fight and doesn't try to go crazy with his passing.

recently some on here has suggested that we should sell tiote in the summer because of his lack of form this season and the new recruitments in midfield.

Personally i think we should keep him + perch, anita, sissoko, cabaye, marveaux and Bigi.

He should be used to cover our back 4 and have focus on defending/ball winning and short passing. If he keeps it simple and have passing options then he could be quality. Our Makelele. With cabaye and sissoko just in front him we will have a really good midfield with all the qualities you need.

Perch and bigi as (cheap and young) cover.

Marveaux + Anita to cover cabaye and sissoko.

jonas, gosling not needed.

Sammy, ferguson, abeid, amalfitano, vuckic loan. Some of these are not really CMs i know....but i think they all would benefit from a loan move and hopefully first team football.

If Chelsea are still willing to pay some ridiculous amount I wouldn't be against it at this point.

Me neither I suppose, but I don't see any reason why they would be.

I thought they might earlier in the window, Romeu and Mikel out for long periods and Ramires was out at the time too plus playing Luiz in midfield and now he's out atm.

But i don't think they will now.

Guest reefatoon

I'm looking forward to him coming back and getting back to basics. An imperious player at his best and he will be much better off having viable passing options in midfield. Him Cabaye and Sissoko would be one of the hardest working midfields in the league.

Have to agree.

I'm looking forward to him coming back and getting back to basics. An imperious player at his best and he will be much better off having viable passing options in midfield. Him Cabaye and Sissoko would be one of the hardest working midfields in the league.

Have to agree.

He should also have to do less fullback covering than before.

If his job is to break up play and give a simple ball to Cabaye, Sissoko, or HBA, I can see him being a real asset again. Assuming that's enough to beat the midfield we're playing. Some teams overload the area.

Asking him to create has been a bit of a disaster.

If his job is to break up play and give a simple ball to Cabaye, Sissoko, or HBA, I can see him being a real asset again. Assuming that's enough to beat the midfield we're playing. Some teams overload the area.

Asking him to create has been a bit of a disaster.

Aye, just touched on it in the Perch thread.

Tiote being asked to do Perch's role today would be ideal for him. Keep it extremely simple in possession, and sit in front of the back four and destroy our opponents attacks.

Trying to be an all-round midfielder doesn't work for him, he's not good enough in possession. But I honestly think he's got all the tools to be truly magnificent as a pure holding midfielder. This would allow Cabaye more freedom to attack and would also allow our fullbacks to bomb forward at every opportunity.

He just needs the right coaching and he'll be back to his best.

Completely agree with what everyone's saying, Tiote should be there to sit back and break up the play.  Don't know what Pardew's been telling him this past year or so but he thinks he's Pele now and it's getting proper annoying.  Wish our fans would quit encouraging his crappy shooting from distance as well.

The guy can't pass a ball more than 5 yards and seems to think the only way of dealing with being put under pressure is poorly performed Cruyff turns.

IF he can get back to his strong tackling, high pressure game, then he'll be perfect. If he plays how he has for the last 6 months then I'd far prefer Anita/Perch.