Cheick Tioté (1986-2017)

madras

People act like the majority of goals come from set pieces and crosses.

Its a very small percentage nowadays this isn't the the league it was, by putting Taylor in the team instead Mapou you are losing more than you gain i'm convinced of that.

Against Sunderland, Mbiwa had a hard time containing Danny Graham. What's the point in having a big strong lad like Taylor in the team if he's not going to mark the big target man?

Danny Graham a big target man? :lol:

Graham targeted Mbiwa, not a lot you can do about that.

How about detail Taylor to man mark Graham?

Its a very small percentage nowadays this isn't the the league it was, by putting Taylor in the team instead Mapou you are losing more than you gain i'm convinced of that.

Against Sunderland, Mbiwa had a hard time containing Danny Graham. What's the point in having a big strong lad like Taylor in the team if he's not going to mark the big target man?

There's not much he can do if Danny Graham goes and puts himself onto Mapou. Is Mapou meant to run away? Are they meant to continuously swap sides?

Guest bimpy474

There's not much he can do if Danny Graham goes and puts himself onto Mapou. Is Mapou meant to run away? Are they meant to continuously swap sides?

Yes, they should have swapped.

To be honest I would be more disappointed at losing Perch than if Tiote went. I think Anita deserves his chance in the team and from what I have seen Bigi is already better than Tiote. The guy is a liability, no doubt about it, be it him being over reckless with challenges, him giving the ball away to the opposition, him passing backwards and cancelling out any attack we had going or him wasting his time shooting and shutting down Newcastle airport thanks to UFO entering air space.

It's got to the point where if I see his name on the starting lineup I look to the bench to see who his replacement will be when he gets his yellow card that puts him danger of being sent off.

Guest bimpy474

Not easy to do that. If a striker is targeting one of the CBs you're gonna leave a man unmarked half the time by constantly trying to swap.

They just have to be smarter, i suppose this is where clever football brains kick in. If Graham drops on to Mapou, you put a player in front to stop that flick on.

But players swapping isn't hard to do, i played and still do as a centre back (i'm 5ft 8 and good in the air for my size). But you get a much taller player target you, i swapped. It really wasn't that difficult and seeing as Pardew's tactics made the game very stop start, it shouldn't be that hard for our players.

I feel sorry for anyone who thinks Steven Taylor is a better player than MYM. I'm not even someone who gives Taylor loads of stick, i just think he's slightly above average but never reached the potential he did have.

If Danny Graham can put himself on Mapou, why is it so hard for Taylor to put himself on Danny Graham? This is something I find hard to figure out. Quite often when Colo is playing with Taylor I see Colo up against the big target man as well. Maybe because Taylor is usually more concerned with running back towards the goal posts to do his customary save on the line.

If Danny Graham can put himself on Mapou, why is it so hard for Taylor to put himself on Danny Graham? This is something I find hard to figure out. Quite often when Colo is playing with Taylor I see Colo up against the big target man as well. Maybe because Taylor is usually more concerned with running back towards the goal posts to do his customary save on the line.

It's totally different. Strikers swapping doesn't create risk.

I supposed you're another one who's seen loads of MYM in France. :rolleyes:

You'll come crawling back when your buddy is benchwarming and MYM is showing his class  :snod:

My buddy. :lol:

I think Taylor's a cunt if I'm honest. Solid enough PL defender, though. Which is what you need next to Colo.

It's totally different. Strikers swapping doesn't create risk.

I don't recall Taylor being up against Graham at all though, it was pretty much Mbiwa who was on him for the full game.

To me if you choose Taylor over Mapou you gain a better aerial defense from crosses and set pieces.

If you choose Mapou over Taylor you gain Pace, better positional sense, better marking and overall more intelligence.

You just lose more with Taylor in the side, but we will have to wait and see i suppose.

Honestly some of you guys are really showing your lack of intelligence. At least when it comes to football.

Like any type of defence. You are drilled to keep position. CB's generally always play on the same side in defence.  Whether its RCB or LCB. Constantly swapping would just cause confusion.  Secondly, clearly swapping CB's in-play would leave massive gaps in defence and another man free. 

The point is - Sunderland clearly picked out Mapou as the weak one. The same way Pardew thought Shola could get change out of Evans physically and in the air and that Ba had enough about him to go toe-to-toe with Ferdinand. That wasn't a lucky accident.

Guest bimpy474

Honestly some of you guys are really showing your lack of intelligence. At least when it comes to football.

Like any type of defence. You are drilled to keep position. CB's generally always play on the same side in defence.  Whether its RCB or LCB. Constantly swapping would just cause confusion.  Secondly, clearly swapping CB's in-play would leave massive gaps in defence and another man free. 

The point is - Sunderland clearly picked out Mapou as the weak one. The same way Pardew thought Shola could get change out of Evans physically and in the air and that Ba had enough about him to go toe-to-toe with Ferdinand. That wasn't a lucky accident.

Fuck me sideways, where to start with this nonsense. Have you even played in a game of any sort. Of course you can swap over, you may start on one side but you need to react to certain situations. Constantly swapping only causes confusion to thick fuckers who dont how to play the game with any common sense.

I know Mapou's fast. But everything else you've mentioned - I'm not sure about. I haven't seen it. Like intelligence, he has lapses in concentration that result in sloppy passes.

The only games he impressed in, he was away from the heat at FB.

He looks a tidy footballer and he has a bit of pace. Same thing with Santon, aye that's good and all but are they good natural defenders? I know Santon isn't and he can improve. I'm looking to see some real natural defensive ability from Mapou.

So if we were playing against Andy Carroll and he decided he was going to take up position on Mbiwa's side of the pitch, we'd just shrug our shoulders and say "that's a bummer"?

For me it's Taylor's place to lose, he's a more confident and experienced premiership defender and it shows. I do think a full season for mapou will see that turned on its head and Taylor warming the bench next season should colo stay, we will really have to mess up mapou for him not to get ahead of Taylor soon like.

So if we were playing against Andy Carroll and he decided he was going to take up position on Mbiwa's side of the pitch, we'd just shrug our shoulders and say "that's a bummer"?

Bit of a difference between Andy Carroll and Danny Graham, like. I've never seen Graham dominate anyone the way he dominated MYM.