Cheick Tioté (1986-2017)

madras

Was our best player when he went off however the whole team improved when Anita came on.

Was happy to see Anita come on but for the first time in a couple of years nervous to see Tiote go off. He is back to his best, hopefully he can keep his form.

Strangely all his same pirouettes seem to be working out for him now, which exacerbated his previous form in the eyes of fans. Confidence sometimes brings luck. Definitely using the ball better on the whole though.

Was our best player when he went off however the whole team improved when Anita came on.

Was happy to see Anita come on but for the first time in a couple of years nervous to see Tiote go off. He is back to his best, hopefully he can keep his form.

Strangely all his same pirouettes seem to be working out for him now, which exacerbated his previous form in the eyes of fans. Confidence sometimes brings luck. Definitely using the ball better on the whole though.

He's got great confidence now and he is 98% of the time brilliant in keeping possession in tight spaces.

Bar one outrageously shit hollywood pass he seemed to keep things simple today. Much more like it.

Bar one outrageously s*** hollywood pass he seemed to keep things simple today. Much more like it.

:lol:

That pass man.

We were much, much better when he went off, like. Even if he's not incessantly giving the ball away and is just 'keeping it simple', he slows down every attack, giving the opposition loads of time to get into a good defensive shape. I don't think we created any good chances until he went off.

Guest icemanblue

Absolutely chuffed for him that he seems to be turning it round. Can be such and important player for us. Keep it up, Cheik.

Bar one outrageously s*** hollywood pass he seemed to keep things simple today. Much more like it.

:lol:

That pass man.

so he's not quite cut out for a Pirlo type role ;D

I dont think if Cheik turned into the best DM in the league Ronaldo would say well done. Tough task master is Ron :lol:

Or just doesn't like to admit he was wrong. I'm pretty sure he's written off Anita and Williamson as well previously.  :whistle:

Guest bimpy474

I dont think if Cheik turned into the best DM in the league Ronaldo would say well done. Tough task master is Ron :lol:

Or just doesn't like to admit he was wrong. I'm pretty sure he's written off Anita and Williamson as well previously.  :whistle:

Ron admit he's wrong..........take a look yourself TRon, a long hard look :lol:

Ron admit he's wrong..........take a look yourself TRon, a long hard look :lol:

Ron admitting he was wrong would be like Graham Norton saying he'd love to shag Heidi Klum. It's just not going to happen.  :laugh:

I didn't completely write off Anita at all. Williamson I've said is a likeable guy but a poor defender, which is exactly what he is.

As for Tiote, he's done well in the last 4 games -  though he's been partially at fault for 2 very decisive goals in 2 of those games - but, holding my hands up, he's just not my type of CM and never will be. I grew up watching NUFC teams that don't cower behind players who can't be trusted in the opposition's half of the field and that'll be my attitude till the day I give it up.

We might eventually learn that every player isn't represented truly by their worst ever form and any upturn isn't always temporary/lucky.

Other than the last three matches he's been s*** for pretty much two years. Hard to describe such a lengthy period as poor form.

This - but I always thought he had great qualities from his early months at the club and I partly blame Pardew for not sorting him out. He IS a good player.