Cheick Tioté (1986-2017)

madras

Think he should be dropped next game to be honest. Very limited footballer. Sick of seeing him give needless free kicks away, or dwelling on the ball too long, or playing a simple 5 yard pass behind the man instead of in front of them.

I think it comes down to a choice of Tiote or HBA if we're playing 5 in midfield and I know who I'd play every single time.

Think he should be dropped next game to be honest. Very limited footballer. Sick of seeing him give needless free kicks away, or dwelling on the ball too long, or playing a simple 5 yard pass behind the man instead of in front of them.

I think it comes down to a choice of Tiote or HBA if we're playing 5 in midfield and I know who I'd play every single time.

I'm not disagreeing totally but I though we missed him in the first half against Stoke, he's good at breaking play up but he also breaks it up for us when he tries things he's not capable of getting away with.

I'm not disagreeing totally but I though we missed him in the first half against Stoke, he's good at breaking play up but he also breaks it up for us when he tries things he's not capable of getting away with.

Yeah I kind of agree too, just think theres no need for both Tiote and Anita in the same team. I'd probably go forAnita over Tiote in most games and bring Sissoko inside, allowing Ben Arfa to actually play.

But I'd play Ben Arfa 100% so one of Tiote, Anita or Sissoko has to sit out for me.

His niggling fouls can cost us (as it did today) but think he's been fantastic, keeps possession, gets the ball out of tight spots and bullies midfields.

I'm not saying he's playing badly or anything, but he can frustrate me at times, and I think he's the most limited of our midfielders.

His niggling fouls can cost us (as it did today) but think he's been fantastic, keeps possession, gets the ball out of tight spots and bullies midfields.

I'm not saying he's playing badly or anything, but he can frustrate me at times, and I think he's the most limited of our midfielders.

He's our most indispensable midfielder IMO. None of the others would be able to fill the void he left.

He's our most indispensable midfielder IMO. None of the others would be able to fill the void he left.

Still a limited footballer. In my opinion one from Tiote, Anita or Sissoko should be sacrificed anyway.

I disagree that Tiote is a limited footballer. There's absolutely no way we can sacrifice Tiote. Anita is nice but he can't do what Tiote does, he's too passive. Sissoko would be fine physically but I don't think he's good enough passer.

I disagree that Tiote is a limited footballer. There's absolutely no way we can sacrifice Tiote. Anita is nice but he can't do what Tiote does, he's too passive. Sissoko would be fine physically but I don't think he's good enough passer.

By limited footballer I mean he's not a great passer like Cabaye, not able to drive forwards like Sissoko, not a goal threat like Gouffran. I'm not saying he's bad as a destroyer, just that I'd like a bit more when he gets the ball.

By limited footballer I mean he's not a great passer like Cabaye, not able to drive forwards like Sissoko, not a goal threat like Gouffran. I'm not saying he's bad as a destroyer, just that I'd like a bit more when he gets the ball.

He constantly has the most passes completed from our midfield, he's far from being just a destroyer.

He's very limited and players like him aren't a necessity in the game like they once were.

That being said he's come on leaps and bounds from last season and I think that's down to him keeping it simple whilst in possession ans cutting out them holywood passes.

Back to his best.  He had Arsenal massively frustrated.

Yep, nice for him to be getting praise again. Really has made a massive U-turn in form just when it was looking likely his time might be up here, all credit to him. He is limited but a fair few players are but at least he's attributes he's limited he excels in and can be put to very effective use. When playing like this he's a very valuable member of the squad.

I've said this before but of all our CM's Tiote takes the most responsibility. He'll always show for the ball and therefore always makes the most passes. When he doesn't play nobody takes on that mantle.  We simply just become more passive.

:thup:

suppose it's kind of fortunate that tiote didn't get wind of certain posters and their scathing analysis of him as a footballer otherwise he'd be off somewhere flipping f***ing burgers rather than playing a pivotal role in our good season :lol:

I stuck by him for a fair while but he lost my support 3/4's away through last season when things got real ugly. Thought we'd never get the old Tiote back and started to actually believe he was simply just found out.

I wasn't happy when he was put straight back in against Cardiff when Anita was playing so well but fair play to him, he's hardly put a foot wrong, justified Pardew's faith in him and put in some excellent performances, fantastic turnaround which i never expected.

your man pardew has to shoulder a massive portion of the blame for that 1 - 1.5 years of nonsense from cheick mind

He does and he'll also take a large portion of the praise for his revival in that case :smug:

Players and manager need to share responsibility through good times and bad. Easy to place the blame on the managers door step, not as easy to place it solely on the player.

your man pardew has to shoulder a massive portion of the blame for that 1 - 1.5 years of nonsense from cheick mind

He does and he'll also take a large portion of the praise for his revival in that case :smug:

Players and manager need to share responsibility through good times and bad. Easy to place the blame on the managers door step, not as easy to place it solely on the player.

think you were pulled about this before no?  we sign a player who comes in and plays amazing, as you've just admitted pardew was complicit in his turn to ratshit, yet he deserves praise for getting him back to where he was before he ruined him?

you see how that doesn't quite work surely?