Cheick Tioté (1986-2017)

madras

So happy we finally have a player like him.

We've only been waiting about 10 years man.

Scott Parker? Always thought he was pretty good for you in that role.

He was in his first season, not so much afterwards and then the fans turned on him and vice versa.

I thought Faye was a cut above during his spell with us to be honest.

A.D Faye was a very good defender for us. Amdy Faye, on the other hand, is one of the worst players I have ever seen.

For the record I was taking the piss :joker:

But seeing as Amdy Faye has been brought into the mix, I don't think i've felt much more hate for a footballer in my life than his goal celebration against us when he made it 2-2 a couple years back. Was competely unnecesary.

You not thinking of Abdoulaye Faye? If so, yeah he was a tool for the way he ran to our Bench and fans.

For the record I was taking the piss :joker:

But seeing as Amdy Faye has been brought into the mix, I don't think i've felt much more hate for a footballer in my life than his goal celebration against us when he made it 2-2 a couple years back. Was competely unnecesary.

You not thinking of Abdoulaye Faye? If so, yeah he was a tool for the way he ran to our Bench and fans.

Whoops, yeah mate Abdoulaye I mean there. Had his finger to his mout telling them to shut up as well. I didn't understand it at all.

http://www.thenorthernecho.co.uk/sport/8400746.Everton_0_Newcastle_1/

While Ben Arfa’s move to Tyneside was a drawn-out, public affair, fellow midfielder Cheik Tiote might as well have slipped through the back door at St James’ Park, such was the unheralded nature of his arrival.

Yet on the evidence of Saturday’s success, the Ivory Coast international could be every bit as influential as his more celebrated team-mate.

Stationed in front of the back four, Tiote broke up a succession of Everton attacks with some astute positioning, well-timed tackling and diligent tracking back. Signed from FC Twente for around £3m, the 24- year-old, who appeared in this summer’s World Cup finals in South Africa, should add some much-needed zest to the base of the Magpies midfield.

“We were first aware of him quite some time ago,” said Hughton. “If anything, he’s been the longest, most drawnout pursuit and the player we really wanted to get. He’s a player I identified quite some time ago and fortunately for us, we were able to keep most of the deal very quiet and let it slip under the radar.

“I spoke to (former FC Twente boss) Steve McClaren about him and the reports were positive. It’s important not to forget he’s a full international player who featured in the World Cup. He adds great experience to our team.”

While Ben Arfa’s move to Tyneside was a drawn-out, public affair, fellow midfielder Cheik Tiote might as well have slipped through the back door at St James’ Park, such was the unheralded nature of his arrival.

Yet on the evidence of Saturday’s success, the Ivory Coast international could be every bit as influential as his more celebrated team-mate.

Stationed in front of the back four, Tiote broke up a succession of Everton attacks with some astute positioning, well-timed tackling and diligent tracking back. Signed from FC Twente for around £3m, the 24- year-old, who appeared in this summer’s World Cup finals in South Africa, should add some much-needed zest to the base of the Magpies midfield.

“We were first aware of him quite some time ago,” said Hughton. “If anything, he’s been the longest, most drawnout pursuit and the player we really wanted to get. He’s a player I identified quite some time ago and fortunately for us, we were able to keep most of the deal very quiet and let it slip under the radar.

“I spoke to (former FC Twente boss) Steve McClaren about him and the reports were positive. It’s important not to forget he’s a full international player who featured in the World Cup. He adds great experience to our team.”

good work CH.  :thup: Derek llambias as well i suppose.

Looked very busy. Didn't achieve much.

Despite all the talk of an England place, I don't think much has changed.

Looked very busy. Didn't achieve much.

Despite all the talk of an England place, I don't think much has changed.

only difference is now he is surrounded by complete garbage which makes him look better than he is compared to the meh side we had when he was here

Well played :thup:

The fact that we've wanted him a long time suggests that Hughton's known for quite some time that Smith just isn't good enough.